Steven Universe Fandom -

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The whole "Draco in Leather Pants" treatment really bugs me. Not only for people being so willing to overlook horrible people but half the time but in the case of it happening in fandom only, it actually takes away from what made that character awesome in the first place. A guy like Wario wouldn't even be Wario if he wasn't a money grubbing asshole, for example.
What's funny is chicks digging horrible jerks is a sluthate-tier stereotype, and these idiots embrace it. It wouldn't be laughable if they actually appreciated the irony, but they don't.

Nah it has to be a series starring a white cis male as the lead.
Simple. Make Steven Universe a brony.

Gothicserpent

kiwifarms.net
God, I remember when the Adventure Time fandom sperged out about Finn losing his arm and then getting it back a few episodes later. Because there needs to be a positive example of a boy missing an arm, or something. Disregarding the fact that he's a teenage boy that uses swords and really kind of needed that arm.

Tumblr is such a mess. They obsess over having characters that are as disabled as possible and then throw a fit when they don't get their way.
To be fair, they were more upset that a plot point that had been foreshadowed for 6 season was undone in a few episodes. I know I was.

fishercat

good for health, bad for education
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, they were more upset that a plot point that had been foreshadowed for 6 season was undone in a few episodes. I know I was.
Yeah, I'll admit that it being over so quickly was a letdown. But some circles were more concerned with having a one-armed protagonist.

Slam_Jam

kiwifarms.net
I'm sorry, WHAT?!
This comic right here
Some folks did get pretty upset about it. The artist's first response to ease their minds?

Dont you think its a little fucked up to glamorize suicide? Especially through a character from a children's show?
Anonymous
I– no, I didn’t mean to glamorize it. I just wanted to draw a comic about a concept that I had… It wasn’t in any way mean to glamorize it. It was meant to be regarded as a horrible.

Not to be even more horrible, but Rose Quartz technically did the exact same thing. That’s how Steven came into being. She willingly removed herself from existence for the sake of letting him live through her gem. This isn’t a hidden concept on the show.
Astounding.

They followed up with, along with some apologies to others asks that came in about it:
My original conception for the comic wasn’t necessarily suicide - Steven’s intent wasn’t to wipe himself from this world. It was to use regeneration as a method to give Rose back to the gems. When he was born, he took her life force (her gem) but gems are able to create any image they want (within reason) through their gems. He figured if he lost his current form, he could potentially just regenerate back into Rose.

The idea was from the grief that Steven Universe is now heavily implying. I think it’s important - I wanted to address it. Right now, Steven is young and carefree. But he is very in essence like his mother, so he cares deeply for all life and doesn’t want to cause anyone pain. Thereby, I believe he WOULD eventually harbor feelings of grief and responsibility for Rose’s passing.

Either way - he would just regenerate. Steven has been showing all the signs that, despite being human, he acts mostly like a gem, with all their powers. Therefore, it’s easy to assume that regeneration would work in similar ways for him.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This comic right here
Some folks did get pretty upset about it. The artist's first response to ease their minds?

Astounding.

They followed up with, along with some apologies to others asks that came in about it:
Oooooh, okay. That honestly wasn't as bad as I was picturing it. I thought they were glamorizing his "noble act of bringing Rose back" or something. The comic isn't all that bad, really. And the artist isn't being a dick about it, so I'm cool with it.

I was mostly upset at the idea that everyone who read it was going "Good for Steven giving the Gems Rose back!" or that kind of response.

Last edited:

FemaleGoodra

Solidus Slug
kiwifarms.net

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE SU FANATICS THINK!

...Truth be told, I seem to remember that some tumblr blogs had a soft spot for wrasslin', but I can't say for certain if there was any overlap between them and the SU fanatics. I definitely remember that there was a post about them trying to "claim" wrasslin' from men the same way bronies "claimed" MLP from little girls, though. (And yes, they implied that it would include R34 and other creepy stuff bronies are infamous for.)

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE SU FANATICS THINK!

...Truth be told, I seem to remember that some tumblr blogs had a soft spot for wrasslin', but I can't say for certain if there was any overlap between them and the SU fanatics. I definitely remember that there was a post about them trying to "claim" wrasslin' from men the same way bronies "claimed" MLP from little girls, though. (And yes, they implied that it would include R34 and other creepy stuff bronies are infamous for.)
They can have Cena. That idiot ruins wrasslin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None