Steven Universe -

Private Pyle

I am...in a world...of shit.
kiwifarms.net
At this rate, I expect Steven to attempt suicide in the last episodes, even if it's in a symbolic way. It makes more sense if you consider the "trans interpretation".
Given how hard they’ve been pushing mental health angle and how they’ve been pandering to the 2deep4u crowd, it’s shocking how I can see this happening.

TatsunoKuri

Designated Art Hobo
kiwifarms.net
If I may make a prediction:

Steven fakes his death, and does the same thing Pink did when she fugged-up her colony; taking a new identity and fleeing into the rest of Alternate America.

At this point, I expect that ending.

EDIT: Well, I was half right... What a shitshow.

Last edited:

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
If Diamonds can repair the shattered why haven't the Diamonds done so with their own army? Or is this a Steven only thing?
Because they needed Pink's essence too to make it work. I reiterate, if they thought PD was dead when they dropped the nuke, why did they only wait for like 50% of their superior gems to get off the planet? For all the Crystal Gems would have known the Diamonds pulled out of the war and would be celebrating too hard while all Homeworld loyalists were fleeing to notice the explosion. Oh. I know why. You can't have an ebil authoritarian without having them think of people as resources (even though valuable resources should be protected?). Ebil authoritarians who don't genocide anymore because of one little joo boy and two years. What a flaming pile of shit this show's become.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Slap47

PopRocks

WANNA BEEE done with this bs
kiwifarms.net
For the first time EVER, I started marathonning this show. It's coronashit, I got nothing else better to do and holy hell. How did anyone like this show? I'm on episode 41 and there's like only 2 good episodes.
You know it's a sign of quality when it takes your show 50 goddamn episodes before people finally say "hey, this actually might be interesting!". Dear lord, I've seen season anime that can do plot of the entire SU show in 5 episodes.

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
Given how hard they’ve been pushing mental health angle and how they’ve been pandering to the 2deep4u crowd, it’s shocking how I can see this happening.
I'm prepared for those puzzle pieces but I did have a Steven Universe dream for the first time the other day. He was so sick of the Pink Diamond shit hanging over him that he went out into the desert where there was some old gem tech scraps, I think it was a repair center like the thing for Pearls but all-purpose and for any low class gem. He got inside and tried to use it on himself even though he knew it could harm him by 1)being half broken and 2)it's not meant for Diamonds, predictably it didn't work and after a few minutes of reforming gem shard style body horror with bits of PD and Rose mismatching all over the place the machine broke and he was just himself, sat in the wreckage looking pretty miserable. Whole thing had a saturated sandy yellow, dark magenta palette.

The Pink Panther

Why Can't Man Be More Like Animals?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know it's a sign of quality when it takes your show 50 goddamn episodes before people finally say "hey, this actually might be interesting!". Dear lord, I've seen season anime that can do plot of the entire SU show in 5 episodes.
no not even that

I just finished the 1st season today and the only good episodes were Steven and the Stevens and Too Many Birthdays.

• Winner
  • Autistic
Reactions: LofaSofa and Shokew

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
Boy are you guys making me glad I dropped this show when I did.

You guys watch Bluey? That shit's kino.
If I haven't said it before, I'm saying it loud and proud, now:
Little kids stuff that knows what it wants to be >>>>>>>>>>>>> SJWBS that appeals to just about no one like Gay Space Rocks. Autistic as that sounds, I must stand by this truth in front of me as honest-to-God FACT.

I mean, why else are more kids watching something like Bluey over listening to this broken record of lies & propaganda, for example? Because kids ARE smarter than that, sometimes.

Also, sad to hear best character Greg has been derailed so hard. I don't think I can ever touch this show without some kind of Rifftrax deal or something similar to help me will myself to sit down to it now, hearing all that, either.

Meowthkip

Danny Devito holding a painting of a Sonichu OC
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm kind of reminded of an old episode of the Super Best Friends podcast where Pat was talking about watching Steven Universe but he described it as reading a DBZ fanfic until everybody else caught onto what he was talking about. People have brought in other sci-fi franchises to compare SU to but DBZ is the most accurate comparison, except instead of fight scenes that kids and fanboys lose their minds over, it's emotional confrontations, which leaves it in this sort of no-man's land as far as appeal to children.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ok so Steven can’t repair the damage his past self did to Pink Pearl but he can resurrect a gem he shattered.
C’mon, Sugar, if you’re gonna set down rules at least follow them.
I don't know if this a problem since he just learned it. They'll probably forget about Pink Pearl though.

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if this a problem since he just learned it. They'll probably forget about Pink Pearl though.
Pink pearl isn't cracked. According to the Volleyball episode, her appearance is caused by mental trauma, not anything physical.
And they'll gladly ignore the fact that she damn near DID shatter her old Pearl, who had to be taken away from her.
Was that ever confirmed? Because as I said she was hurting her pearl more mentally than physically.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Slap47

ExceptionallyExceptional

I farted in my hazmat suit.
kiwifarms.net
Pink pearl isn't cracked. According to the Volleyball episode, her appearance is caused by mental trauma, not anything physical.

Was that ever confirmed? Because as I said she was hurting her pearl more mentally than physically.
I dunno, but when I see a gem with a crack like that I'm assuming physical trauma. Either way, Pink diamond was a terrible person. She was also fat and Greg should not have had sex with her.

PopRocks

WANNA BEEE done with this bs
kiwifarms.net
I'm kind of reminded of an old episode of the Super Best Friends podcast where Pat was talking about watching Steven Universe but he described it as reading a DBZ fanfic until everybody else caught onto what he was talking about. People have brought in other sci-fi franchises to compare SU to but DBZ is the most accurate comparison, except instead of fight scenes that kids and fanboys lose their minds over, it's emotional confrontations, which leaves it in this sort of no-man's land as far as appeal to children.
Not just DBZ, but other 90's anime as well. And that's just one of the main issues with SU, It tries to "homage" and "reinterpret " as their own scenes. But they don't understand that those scenes work in those other series because they had proper build up. Meanwhile in SU, either those moment's aren't built up at all, or are so poorly done that it makes you wonder why they even bothered.

Jormungand

kiwifarms.net
Not just DBZ, but other 90's anime as well. And that's just one of the main issues with SU, It tries to "homage" and "reinterpret " as their own scenes. But they don't understand that those scenes work in those other series because they had proper build up. Meanwhile in SU, either those moment's aren't built up at all, or are so poorly done that it makes you wonder why they even bothered.
Steven Universe is basically fan fiction of other anime that greenlight to TV.
Which makes sense considering most of the people working Steven Universe are Tumblr, heck one the creators Ian Jones-Quartly made a show called OK K.O.!
1584914257437.png
1584914294402.png
1584914307129.png
1584914365174.png

Let Be Heroes was one big fanfic where he would make all these reference and cross overs form so many others shows, movies, and movies.
But because of that, his own show was never able to develop an identity of its own and was quickly forgotten.
The same problem with Steven Universe is that it constantly makes references to many animes but it doesn't understand what makes those series popular.

Meowthkip

Danny Devito holding a painting of a Sonichu OC
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm aware it takes a lot of inspiration from other 90's anime; as someone who got into anime in the late 90's, the influences are pretty obvious. It's just that DBZ feels like it's the most influential over Steven Universe in terms of pacing, storytelling and progression, which is ironic because it couldn't be more different tonally.