Steven Universe -

Private Pyle

I am...in a world...of shit.
kiwifarms.net
I swear to god if they do this...
Yeah kind of weird how they built up this mature and complex theme for the entire season only to end it in the cheesiest way possible.

And they would be wrong.
Let us count the Emmy awards for SU then.
I’m gonna lol if it just ends up being some ghost of Pink hiding in Steven all along.
That would be one way to ruin one of the strongest moments of the series and invalidate a big chunk of the show.

Yamma Damma

Damma Doo
kiwifarms.net
I dunno, but when I see a gem with a crack like that I'm assuming physical trauma. Either way, Pink diamond was a terrible person. She was also fat and Greg should not have had sex with her.
You need fat to handle loving from Mr. Universe.

Interrupting your scheduled broadcast to bring you a Variety article looking back at SU, with Sugar herself.
Couple of highlights:
-The CN exces wanted Steven to shatter Spinel to get rid of her evil forever but Sugar fought against that because that’s not what SU is about. So instead they shoved her off with the Diamonds and ignored her for 16 episodes.
-Ever since SU aired, female employment is at 52% and employees are younger than ever. Which isn’t too bad...until you remember many young and inexperienced artists worked on PPG 2016 and the later seasons of SU.
-“In addition to a bright color palette and silly playfulness, “Steven Universe” boasts a mythological spine that could wow a Tolkienologist.” I’m sorry but my face scrunched up like I ate a lemon when I read this part. I’m not so sure Tolkien fans would be wowed with SU’s world building.
-Much of the article is then dedicated to it’s LGBT themes and how Sugar was a queer child who wanted to reach out to other queer children. She entertains the thought of going into adult animation but kid shows are more fun to work on. “I think they’re such a great audience. Their imaginations are so huge. It’s difficult to imagine giving up an audience that’s so open, and so imaginative that you can throw wild concepts in, and wild visuals in, and have your audience be really immersed. I just really love doing this work.”
Comparing this...to Tolkien??? I wouldn't even compare Avatar to him and I adored that story. Tolkien built a world and developed it until the reaper made him stop. Becky built a world that slowly rotted from within and nothing seems to be stopping her. For creatures that have lived for thousands of years and been to dozens of planets, their universe feels rather...small.

Maybe use the time the show’s end will free up to learn how to operate a remote control.
Oh fuck it I'm with @Meowthkip. I'd shower you with DRINK ratings if I could.:drink:

Archeops

Whispering seeds of doubt into the ears of troons
kiwifarms.net
I swear to god if they do this...
I can only hope that CN is still somewhat iffy on the LGBTQIABBQBYOBB+ material (despite Ruby and Sapphire's marriage in the original series) and barred Sugar from directly putting shit like that into the finale, especially considering that troonerism is less acceptable (if not the least acceptable) portion of the whole LGBT+ movement sweeping through media today.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Yamma Damma

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
If Steven Universe was an average show, my best guess would be that Steven is simply going through puberty.

So those little things that filled him with wonder as a kid, now annoy him because, for the first time, he can see the world for what it is not what people tell him it is.

Unlike his Kid self, Future's Steven can't ignore or be blissfully unaware of people's flaws anymore. This was one of the big reasons Steven could befriend even someone as unpopular as Ronaldo or pre-character development Lars while most others wouldn't. Notice how Future Steven rants and complaints about things his kid self wouldn't care about?

As much as I hated that latest Greg episode, it did tell us something important. The way Future's Steven reacted was 100% different from what his kids self would've. Kid Steven would've made this episode a sweet episode: Teen Steven made it a bitter one.

While kid Steven would've been overjoyed about learning more about his dad and even the fact that he has grandparents and would've ended the episode singing with his father at the end, Teen Steven, however, can't overlook the flaws of his dad and lashes out at him, and like most teenagers, he rebels.

Which would be a great story actually. How a half-human like Steven deals with growing up and the confusion inherent to puberty.

Vindication is a motherfucker, ain't it? But we'll see if this show is really about trans-gem-derism
... but knowing who made this show, I wouldn't be surprised if all of this was a "trans" or a poorly thougth "mental health" metaphor instead.

Last edited:

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
So it turns out that Yellow was OP this whole time and just needed "the power of love" to turn shattered Gems whole all by herself, which sounds a little like plot device bologna (yeah I know with uncorrupting gems she was the one to put their physical forms in place but the fact that "I never unlocked such a useful power until "love"" is just so... And YD said "I'll get started on the Cluster" which means we're never gonna see the abomination in its glory, most likely, even though it's been "making friends with itself" for two seasons (and Future) now. Gotta say "Homeworld Bound" is probably the best episode of Future.
... but knowing who made this show, I wouldn't be surprised if all of this was a "trans" or a poorly thougth "mental health" metaphor instead.
Hilarious, isn't it, considering for 5 seasons was all about how he wasn't his mother, but good ol' "nonbinary woman" Becky has to shit all over it.

Private Pyle

I am...in a world...of shit.
kiwifarms.net
If Steven Universe was an average show, my best guess would be that Steven is simply going through puberty.

So those little things that filled him with wonder as a kid, now annoy him because, for the first time, he can see the world for what it is not what people tell him it is.

Unlike his Kid self, Future's Steven can't ignore or be blissfully unaware of people's flaws anymore. This was one of the big reasons Steven could befriend even someone as unpopular as Ronaldo or pre-character development Lars while most others wouldn't. Notice how Future Steven rants and complaints about things his kid self wouldn't care about?

As much as I hated that latest Greg episode, it did tell us something important. The way Future's Steven reacted was 100% different from what his kids self would've. Kid Steven would've made this episode a sweet episode: Teen Steven made it a bitter one.

While kid Steven would've been overjoyed about learning more about his dad and even the fact that he has grandparents and would've ended the episode singing with his father at the end, Teen Steven, however, can't overlook the flaws of his dad and lashes out at him, and like most teenagers, he rebels.

Which would be a great story actually. How a half-human like Steven deals with growing up and the confusion inherent to puberty.

From what I'm hearing, the idea of Steven becoming more rebelious and bitter as a teen, because puberty sucks, could be a great story idea for this additional series.
But realization sucks.
I think that may have been the idea but the execution leaves something to be desired.
1. They can’t stick to one theme. In addition to the “growing up sucks” angle, they also want to bring up the importance of mental health and then later had Steven be tempted by the dark side. That’s three themes being juggled in 20 episodes and it’s not always handled well.
2. As “realistic” as it is and as admittedly justified as some of his responses have been, Steven is written as so over the top he just comes off as overtly angsty and plain unlikable; just like Shinji Ikari. It just makes me appreciate Kid Steven more, as annoying as he could be.

PopRocks

WANNA BEEE done with this bs
kiwifarms.net
As “realistic” as it is and as admittedly justified as some of his responses have been, Steven is written as so over the top he just comes off as overtly angsty and plain unlikable; just like Shinji Ikari. It just makes me appreciate Kid Steven more, as annoying as he could be.
Pretty much this. Steven is an annoying little shit, as he was back then. Which is bad enough on it's own, but given how the show focuses so much on Steven already it makes it unbearable. At least in the earlier seasons Steven acted more like a side character and the others had at least some focus. Now it's just all about Steven and his problems.

kobox666

kiwifarms.net
I really like SU, but I kindda wish they had stopped at the movie. Our fun space adventures have been replaced with teen angst, and unless Steven kills himself, Future will end basically as the original series: with him realizing he is his own person and in control. A bad ending can really sour a good narrative. Its getting so depressing, that with the whole virus thing, I dont want to watch it.

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
The show really should have stopped at the movie. I thought the movie was okay because of the better animation, catchy songs, and Spinel being the emotional heart of the story. It wasn't one big never ending drag with Steven flying off the handle out of nowhere because the writers don't know how to maintain an ongoing conflict. But even with the welcome inclusion of Spinel in the latest episode, this is still frustrating and exhausting to watch. I don't imagine that kids will like this. This could have worked had it been the second-to-last season and not the final one. But again, there are three episodes left and there is nothing left to accomplish other than getting Steven to calm the fuck down.

I know the hug thing will happen. I am pretty confident the writers will be that lazy.