Steven Universe - Now a Griefing Thread

Someone

Stop gendering genitals!
kiwifarms.net
From what I understand, they specifically sought her out for the role because they were big fans of her music. This actually applies to many of the fusions and the Diamonds, to varying results. As for acting, keep in mind that SU VAs are evaluated on their singing foremost and Garnet is generally a quiet character, so acting was probably the furthest thing from their minds.
It's just hilarious on "emotional" scenes like this

One Man Bland

kiwifarms.net
^Not to mention the biggest issue, which was turn the Diamonds around in the shittiest "redemption arc" possible and have them now as Steven's kooky aunts (weren't the Crystal Gems already that?).

I heard somewhere that Becky didn't want to turn Blue and Yellow Diamond into full-fledged villains since she based them on Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune and didn't want the iconic LGBT anime icons be portrayed "negatively" on her show.
If that’s the case I have to wonder why Becky thought it was a good idea to have the Gems connected to shit like Frankenstein experiments, human zoos, and forming a destructive empire that thrives on the destruction of entire planets for no other reason than “expansion for expansion’s sake” since Gems don’t actually need resources to sustain a population.

Which is pretty much the crux of the problem with the Diamonds: the show keeps telling us to feel bad for them but then shows us all the horrific shit they’re accomplices to, and then when the audience questions why Steven & the show continue to allow them to get off scot free and Steven shows them no outward hostility or acts like their war crimes are simply bad manners to be corrected with a finger waggle Becky and her white knights turn around and go “what made you think you were supposed to see them as redeemed/forgiven” without an ounce of self awareness.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
If that’s the case I have to wonder why Becky thought it was a good idea to have the Gems connected to shit like Frankenstein experiments, human zoos, and forming a destructive empire that thrives on the destruction of entire planets for no other reason than “expansion for expansion’s sake” since Gems don’t actually need resources to sustain a population.

Which is pretty much the crux of the problem with the Diamonds: the show keeps telling us to feel bad for them but then shows us all the horrific shit they’re accomplices to, and then when the audience questions why Steven & the show continue to allow them to get off scot free and Steven shows them no outward hostility or acts like their war crimes are simply bad manners to be corrected with a finger waggle Becky and her white knights turn around and go “what made you think you were supposed to see them as redeemed/forgiven” without an ounce of self awareness.
Even more offensive because she's a one of Trump's Chosen People. turns out all hitler needed to stop throwing Trump's Chosen People in ovens and using them as subhuman test subjects was a hug!

Your fans literally HANDED to you theories upon theories, idea upon idea for "sneeple" "where the gems came from", etc etc, and YET you only take the shittiest things to canonize (muslim girl, "shep") for woke points instead of making a good story. It's like an adhd child off its leash who suddenly decided to stop taking adderall. How do you fuck up this badly? Even a plotline like "ooh the pink thing is the gems creator and reset white diamond because she went off her programming ooh" would be predictable (because it was a fan theory) but it would have been loads better than "I'm so sorry male savior steven, lemme self flagellate for three minutes"

Archeops

Whispering seeds of doubt into the ears of troons
kiwifarms.net
And it looks like Charlyne Yi, the VA for every damn Ruby in the show and potential Careercow in the making, is still pissy about the whole Patrick McHale thing...
Jesus Christ woman, get over it already! Everyone with a functioning brain knows workplace relationships have the potential to torpedo projects and even if they don't do the former, don't work out in the long run and it pretty damn clear that was something that McHale wanted to avoid.

EDIT: She seems to have deleted the original Tweet but has tweeted out the same thing twice since doing so. The one that's still up even has the scruples to mention that he created OtGW in the replies.
Second Tweet: http://archive.md/sEyaE
Third Tweet:

This is just getting stupid. If she's trying to make McHale the next John K. then she's doing a bad job at it and doing a MUCH better job at making herself look like some schitzo freak that's better off unemployed on the dirty, Wu Flu-tainted streets of Downtown LA.

Last edited:

Private Pyle

I am...in a world...of shit.
kiwifarms.net
And it looks like Charlyne Yi, VA for every damn Ruby in the show and potential Careercow in the making, is still pissy about the whole Patrick McHale thing...
Jesus Christ woman, get over it already! Everyone with a functioning brain knows workplace relationships have the potential to torpedo projects and even if they don't do the former, don't work out in the long run and it pretty damn clear that was something that McHale wanted to avoid.
I wonder if Charlyne is trying to start her own #metoo thing with Pat or is just that psycho ex who won’t let it go.
Either way, starting to sympathize with the creator of OtGW here.
Edit: In a slight bit of news, both Invader Zim and SUF’s art books are dropping in July. The IZ is interesting in that it comes with a foreword by Rebecca Sugar herself, a long time Zim fan. Thought it was interesting to mention.

Last edited:

The Pink Panther

Looking At Your Stag Reel
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if Charlyne is trying to start her own #metoo thing with Pat or is just that psycho ex who won’t let it go.
I wouldn't sympathize with someone who dated a woman as lowly as her.

The power of dick is relentless.

Reactions: Akumaten

Archeops

kiwifarms.net
I sympathized with McHale from the beginning. If Yi had any sense of decency and wanted to see results she would've gone to Cartoon Network's HR department and complained to 'em about the incident.
EDIT:
Edit: In a slight bit of news, both Invader Zim and SUF’s art books are dropping in July. The IZ is interesting in that it comes with a foreword by Rebecca Sugar herself, a long time Zim fan. Thought it was interesting to mention.
What I find funny is that the minute the IZ artbook's release date was tweeted by CartoonBrew is that someone posted an example of Rebecca's IZ fanart.
As for SUF's artbook dropping in July, it's actually been delayed to October.

Last edited:

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Second Tweet: http://archive.md/sEyaE
Third Tweet:
I love the way it escalates with every revision :lol:

234948th Tweet:
Still mouldering in my grave because genocidal maniac and rapist @Patrick_McHale used the fact that I was raped (probably by him), telling me not to date his accomplice, Justin Rubenstein @blastingcompany insinuating his accomplice was an even bigger serial rapist bc Pat was jealous. Now the entire world is gaslighting me by pretending like it never happened. What a fucking murderer

The Pink Panther

Looking At Your Stag Reel
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net
ya'll niggas are late af

This shit came out last year. But seriously, the fact that Stevonnie is intersex means that Stevonnie has a dick and a vagina.

Think about that fucking shit. When a boy and a girl fuse, they become a hermaphrodite. WTF.
Makes sense to me seeing as their both organic and all that. The problem with that is that this supposed "kids show" shouldn't be bringing attention to that.

Private Pyle

I am...in a world...of shit.
kiwifarms.net
ya'll niggas are late af

This shit came out last year. But seriously, the fact that Stevonnie is intersex means that Stevonnie has a dick and a vagina.

Think about that fucking shit. When a boy and a girl fuse, they become a hermaphrodite. WTF.
Considering what real intersex people are and how they function, yeah it’s something you really don’t want to think too hard about.

Outside of that tidbit, the PSAs are even worse in regards to hamfisted messages. The art is nice and some of the messages aren’t terrible in nature but the execution is so patronizing and heavy handed. You kind of get the feeling the crew are those weird kids who took every PSA to heart.
Makes sense to me seeing as their both organic and all that. The problem with that is that this supposed "kids show" shouldn't be bringing attention to that.
I would also like to remind others that Stevonnie didn’t start this way; in interviews, Sugar even stressed that Stevonnie’s sex and gender didn’t matter. It was only later that Sugar started plastering flags on other characters.
Does that mean Steg has.... two dicks?!‽
Well his very first appearance had him holding a double necked guitar...

Archeops

kiwifarms.net
Outside of that tidbit, the PSAs are even worse in regards to hamfisted messages. The art is nice and some of the messages aren’t terrible in nature but the execution is so patronizing and heavy handed. You kind of get the feeling the crew are those weird kids who took every PSA to heart.
Second, it's even more apparent when you realize that Rebecca created an entire character based around said concept (Sunstone) and even made them a key character in one of Future's episodes.
I would also like to remind others that Stevonnie didn’t start this way; in interviews, Sugar even stressed that Stevonnie’s sex and gender didn’t matter. It was only later that Sugar started plastering flags on other characters.
I personally like to think that she was kind of forced into a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation so after Tumblr's section of the SU fandom went apeshit over LGBTQ+ representation. On the other hand, I'm starting to agree with what a lot of people are saying about the 2016 election just straight-up destroying the already-fragile sanity of everyone in Hollywood and SoCal.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
ya'll niggas are late af

Don't most people who are (truly, not just "i don't feel like ur gender rules so i'm intersex!") intersex have "ambiguous genitalia"? I know there's a spectrum where people like Bavid have a full dick but also has some dent that leads nowhere, but most intersex genitalia I can find on the internet is like a horrific pseudoteste with a protomicropeen attached to it.

Either way. They're all cartoon characters, and I'm autistically going to believe none of them have anything in their pants because their clothes are part of their body.

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
A good chunk of intersex people typically pick whether or not they want to consider themselves male or female. Most intersex people don't even want people to know they are intersex and are most confident categorizing themselves in the 2-gender rule. This girl I knew in high school was classified as intersex and was perfectly content to identify as a woman seeing how she resembled a woman more and mostly developed female sex characteristics.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that just because you're intersex doesn't mean you automatically have to identify as a tumblr-tard or nonbinary or whatever. Most intersex people would love to just be normal and live a normal life.