Steven Universe - Now a Griefing Thread

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Which is a shame considering that, even aside from being Carl in kid show form, he manages to be pretty entertaining. Instead we’re treated to a weird fourth wall break and a boring montage of Korea.
Although given the insane amount of asshurt his first appearance caused, they probably kept him scarce for good reason.
That's a shame. There can never be enough Carl in the world, even if they call him Andy. On S5 Ep13 now, concluding the "Space Pirate Captain Lars" arc, and it sucks that they leave it to die after this arc. As was noted it had fucking awesome potential, I would have loved to see more of their adventures before Stevonnie busted out of Lars' head..

Another thing that struck me was that at least one of the writers of Season 5 is a gigantic weaboo, but in a good way.

A couple years ago, someone on another forum posted a fan-pic of a large pink haired woman with sword and shield, wondering who she was supposed to be. I threw in a guess that it was a fat version of Revolutionary Girl Utena, having never seen SU before at the time. (Someone else correctly identified her as Rose Quartz.) Now watching the last couple eps and especially the flashback style of this episode, and it's VERY clear that Rose Quartz was patterned after Utena in a big way, not just with the gigantic pink mop of curly hair. The art style takes huge amounts of cues from various aspects of that series, like the black shadow with pink hair, rose transition motifs, hell the very fucking rose symbol for Quartz is taken right from the anime!

I thought patterning Lars after Captain Harlock with the misfit pirate crew was an amusing tribute to Space Pirate Captain Harlock (or Albator if you are a French speaker) but this really steps it up to blatant shoutout. Not that this is a bad thing in any way, but interesting.

So far I find Season 5 to be a gigantic improvement over 4, though there is a lot more ahead to possibly disappoint me.

Last edited:

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
I *might* rewatch some of this just to enjoy Pearl's arc all over again because that was one of the things I think they did well. I'll just ignore everything after that fucks it all up. The dynamic between Greg and Pearl/Amethyst was one of the most interesting parts of it to me, especially when this show starved me of action and the humour wasn't that great.
When I watched the episode Maximum Capacity I thought Amethyst would've been pissed that Greg wanted to look after Steven more than binge watch TV with her but then what she snapped over was the whole 'Greg took Rose away from us' thing? Maybe I misinterpreted something. Also, turning into a couch potato with a mutual friend after your wife dies is some heavy shit. Doubly so when said friend makes herself look like your ex. With an extra layer of 'wtf' when you realise Greg's known Amethyst since she used to act like a toddler and presumably practiced playing dad with her while Rose was around. And that whole thing with Pearl being Rose's closest confident only to find out she kept secrets from her too hurts a lot more after the Pink revelation. Ouch.

I'm annoyed at how these things simply lost momentum and were quietly forgotten about in favor for Steven Everything and whiny bitches with literal identity issues. They tried so hard to be psychological with Future but wtf dude how can you pull off the aforementioned stuff and then mess this up so badly? Somebody crucial left the team, didn't they, that's always what happens.

Private Pyle

Be gay, do crimes.
kiwifarms.net
Somebody crucial left the team, didn't they, that's always what happens.
As a matter of fact, one of the producers of the show, Ian Jones-Quartey, left after the episode Mr. Greg to make his own show. Two of the head writers left somewhere around season 5 to make their own show, only returning for the movie. By the time future started, only four members of the old guard were left.
Now coincidentally, season 3 is often considered the turning point in when SU started going bad. Ian JQ left during season 3. Make of that what you will.

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I *might* rewatch some of this just to enjoy Pearl's arc all over again because that was one of the things I think they did well. I'll just ignore everything after that fucks it all up. The dynamic between Greg and Pearl/Amethyst was one of the most interesting parts of it to me, especially when this show starved me of action and the humour wasn't that great.
When I watched the episode Maximum Capacity I thought Amethyst would've been pissed that Greg wanted to look after Steven more than binge watch TV with her but then what she snapped over was the whole 'Greg took Rose away from us' thing? Maybe I misinterpreted something. Also, turning into a couch potato with a mutual friend after your wife dies is some heavy shit. Doubly so when said friend makes herself look like your ex. With an extra layer of 'wtf' when you realise Greg's known Amethyst since she used to act like a toddler and presumably practiced playing dad with her while Rose was around. And that whole thing with Pearl being Rose's closest confident only to find out she kept secrets from her too hurts a lot more after the Pink revelation. Ouch.

I'm annoyed at how these things simply lost momentum and were quietly forgotten about in favor for Steven Everything and whiny bitches with literal identity issues. They tried so hard to be psychological with Future but wtf dude how can you pull off the aforementioned stuff and then mess this up so badly? Somebody crucial left the team, didn't they, that's always what happens.
Yes the Pearl and Rose Quartz angle was interesting to me right from the start, especially with how blatantly Pearl was completely lesbian for Rose Quartz, and clearly resented the fuck out of Greg Universe.

A worthless human even by human standards and being who is going to live less then 100 years who managed to steal Rose from her after all she did for her over thousands of years (made much more poignant after the reveals of 'a single pale rose', an episode with many MANY problems but I digress) and with said human performed the only act that could be as intimate as fusion with a being incapable of that, sexual intercourse and childbirth for which she would have had to create an entire reproductive tract in a body originally created as a sexless female.

(or wait....were the Diamonds as "Queens" able to reproduce from the get-go, whereas all the other gems are sterile like female honeybees? Where DID the injector giant virus things get their source DNA from? hrm.....I hope this gets covered later on!)

Frankly it amazed me that Pearl could fake the murder of her queen Diamond and yet NOT slaughter Greg outright after that "betrayal". It makes her song in season 2 where she is training Connie to be a white knight style bodyguard completely devoted to her client body and soul all the more poignant in hindsight too.

"You do it for her! that is to say...you do it for him..."

*addon* Okay, that's all 5 seasons of Steven Universe down. And I have to say that I completely understand the rage and butthurt that ensued in the fandom.

Besides boring us with a lesbian wedding that no one cared about and was an obvious agenda-piece. "the first gay marriage on a kid's cartoon! see how diverse and accepting we are? All you kids should too!" It then proceeded in blatantly ripping off Neon Genesis Evangelion with the whole 'fighting against the will/energy shield protecting the innermost thoughts complete with 'swimming' and yelling in pain etc.

It then FINALLY introduces white diamond which I and doubtless everyone else was curious about since first noting that the diamond symbol had 4 not 3 diamonds, and the white diamond was at the top. To get there, we had to watch Yellow Diamond get punked and nerfed from uncaring fearsome god-entity that could (and did) shatter gems that pissed her off without any thought or effort whatsoever, to being defeated by a gang of midgets, to becoming some kind of 'grumpy big sister' thing after the Big Reveal, and then have the great White Diamond introduced as.....just another bigger and more thoughtless gem. And then it ends.

Fucking WEAK ending, even for a season ending cliffhanger. The movie better redeem it, because after a wee Terraria: Journey's End break, the movie is queued up and ready to go.

Last edited:

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
IT'S A FUCKING MUSICAL???? 20 mins in and it's almost all songs. This has a worse music to dialog ratio then any Bollywood movie ever made. If it goes on for the whole movie I'll probably neck myself before it's over.
If you think it's bad streamlining it into your veins, imagine waiting month long hiatuses to be shit on.

Last edited:

Private Pyle

Be gay, do crimes.
kiwifarms.net
Why would this be something you would ever reveal or brag about? (a)
Because these people like to make spectacles of themselves, but since they don't have the acting chops (or looks) to do so they get into artsy-fartsy bullcrap or writing.
It gets better; not only does he admit this is something very vain on his part but apparently the whole crew got a good laugh out of it and approved it. Granted Crewniverse cameos in the show aren’t new but still...

• Agree
Reactions: Archeops

NeilBreenLover69

kiwifarms.net
reviving this thread is some really fucking stupid drama
So
1590172515009.png

CN posted a picture of the Crystal Gems in traditional korean clothing.
And koreaboos (and actual koreans) got fucking mad.
Why?
1590172580978.png

because of these two tiny emojis.
Y'see, CN used pictures of the Japanese kimono and sakura cherry blossom.
Instead, they should've used the Korean hibiscus
1590172695934.png

Now, people are accusing CN of being "racist" and ignorant"
posting all kinds of over angry shit like this:
1590172738897.png

1590173265257.png

1590173224586.png

1590172858561.png

1590173122093.png

1590173174786.png

1590173192713.png

1590173299360.png

1590173327506.png

1590173391688.png

1590173624728.png

1590173653682.png

1590173982534.png

1590173697326.png

This kinda summarizes these people's asshurt
1590173746625.png

1590173776547.png

1590173799992.png

1590173810501.png

1590173846324.png

1590173910888.png

These people keep yelling about how Korea has its own culture, but then always end it by grouping it all together under the "asian" name. Nice.
1590174007854.png
Koreans have a massive hateboner for Japan because of World War 2. This isn't the first time this has happened on Twitter.
In the Sonic Fandom (you know this is gonna be good when it's the sonic fandom), Koreans raised holy hell after Sega sold a hoodie of Tails the fox that looked similar to the imperial Japanese flag (which, of course, was unintentional). They boycotted making any sonic fan art and started bombarding Sega with hatemail and tweets accusing them of racism because of a fucking piece of merchandise that likely would've left rotation in a few months, that they wouldn't have even seen otherwise.

The amount of google translated asspain over a fucking emoji is stunning. Even the smallest fucking things set these people off. So fragile. Btw, no Hanbok emoji exists.

This is the kind of fanbase that this show bred with its progressive pandering. Remember, this is a cartoon meant for children.

ExceptionallyExceptional

I farted in my hazmat suit.
kiwifarms.net
reviving this thread is some really fucking stupid drama
So
View attachment 1312229
CN posted a picture of the Crystal Gems in traditional korean clothing.
And koreaboos (and actual koreans) got fucking mad.
Why?
View attachment 1312232
because of these two tiny emojis.
Y'see, CN used pictures of the Japanese kimono and sakura cherry blossom.
Instead, they should've used the Korean hibiscus View attachment 1312237
Now, people are accusing CN of being "racist" and ignorant"
posting all kinds of over angry shit like this:
Koreans have a massive hateboner for Japan because of World War 2. This isn't the first time this has happened on Twitter.
In the Sonic Fandom (you know this is gonna be good when it's the sonic fandom), Koreans raised holy hell after Sega sold a hoodie of Tails the fox that looked similar to the imperial Japanese flag (which, of course, was unintentional). They boycotted making any sonic fan art and started bombarding Sega with hatemail and tweets accusing them of racism because of a fucking piece of merchandise that likely would've left rotation in a few months, that they wouldn't have even seen otherwise.

The amount of google translated asspain over a fucking emoji is stunning. Even the smallest fucking things set these people off. So fragile. Btw, no Hanbok emoji exists.

This is the kind of fanbase that this show bred with its progressive pandering. Remember, this is a cartoon meant for children.
Jesus fuck, shut the hell up you assmad fucking gooks. At this point I say nuke both Koreas, it would make the world a far better place.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
You reap what you sow, cartoon network.

Earlier today I started wondering, what's the chance becky had another spinoff-epilogue in her head that dove deeper into the diamonds ( :optimistic: given her track record, I know). Even if she did, the shitpile that is season 5 and Future pretty much cemented that won't happen, in my opinion.

PopRocks

it prounouced Ca-Kow!
kiwifarms.net
You reap what you sow, cartoon network.

Earlier today I started wondering, what's the chance becky had another spinoff-epilogue in her head that dove deeper into the diamonds ( :optimistic: given her track record, I know). Even if she did, the shitpile that is season 5 and Future pretty much cemented that won't happen, in my opinion.
Given how little CN pushed SU, Movie aside, I think they're done with Sugar.