Stilgar of Troon, please post in this thread once you've watched the new Dune movie

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Jewthulhu

A rare deepwater Jew
kiwifarms.net
I thought it was pretty good. They kept in a lot of the political intrigue and cynical outlook that made the book interesting (for me). I think ultimately how they handle the second half is what might make it or break it for me, though they've done a decent job at staying close to the source material.
What about the part where they kept firing lasers down at shielded ships and people? I felt autistic for being upset with that, but it's a core element of the Dune universe that you don't put those two things together. It seems like a weird thing to complain about too, but they went to great lengths to be accurate about things like ship to ground missiles firing a fast burn to slow down to pass through grounded ship's shields, and projectiles slowing down to kill shielded people, but not that.
I noticed that too. It's a weird thing to miss tbh. Also I could be misremembering but didn't they take advantage of lasguns + shields going nuclear during the Harkonan/Sardaukar attack in the book? Seems like too perfect a set piece to miss.
It was also cool when he embarrassed and then murdered the black guy. This is the kind of diverse casting I can get behind
Honestly the Fremen being niggers kind of makes sense. Generations living on a barren desert would have resulted in darker skin through natural selection.

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
I noticed that too. It's a weird thing to miss tbh. Also I could be misremembering but didn't they take advantage of lasguns + shields going nuclear during the Harkonan/Sardaukar attack in the book? Seems like too perfect a set piece to miss.
I honestly can't remember. I know at the very end Paul detonates the Atreides nuclear stockpile to break down the Shield Wall, and is then later blinded by a nuclear device detonated in Arrakeen in an attempt to kill him. but those are the only times I recall nukes being used.
Honestly the Fremen being niggers kind of makes sense. Generations living on a barren desert would have resulted in darker skin through natural selection.
The Fremen are Asiatic-Arabic not black. Their original religion was Zensunnism, a Chinese-Arabic syncretism. Racially they might be more like modern Afghans, who span the Near East and represent an Asiatic culture of Arabic speakers.

Feet Seeking Missile

kiwifarms.net
We need to go back
27628567_492608957800242_5076984014536567054_o.jpg