Stock Market, Business, and Investing General - News, Tips, etc

• Despite what alcoholic retards are saying, there are no plans to shut down the Kiwi Farms.

Ivan Shatov

Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
kiwifarms.net
Please don't mistake this for investment advice. You will lose money and end up committing suicide if you use anything I say as part of your financial strategy.

It's a good time to buy options. Bet on the price of crude hitting $22 a barrel in the next 90 days. Bet on Exxon losing an additional 15% in the same timeframe.

Fixing the Saudi / Russia impasse only happens when it becomes too costly to keep fighting. The policy initiatives Trump announced last night are going to benefit the energy sector more than anyone, an influx of low interest loans allows them to keep pumping. If the world is drowning in oil, high volume exports become unsustainable.

• Agree
Reactions: melty

Splendid

Castigat ridendo mores
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What would I do with an oil option. How could I even trade commodities on my own?

Dutch Courage

Curious Onlooker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone else getting rich shorting the shit out of the market?

Not that I'm rooting for a crash, but if it is inevitable, might as well make sure some bills get paid...

Probably not too late to get in on it; the Dow could see four digits before this is all over.

Reactions: Ivan Shatov

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Not that I'm rooting for a crash, but if it is inevitable, might as well make sure some bills get paid...

Probably not too late to get in on it; the Dow could see four digits before this is all over.
The last time something like this happened I bought Ford Stocks the day after GM filed for bankruptcy. Those things were going at a firesale for about 2.5 bucks a share. Made a nice killing. Looking into doing something similar again. You really can't go wrong with the Blue Chips in this scenario, but you gotta be willing to sit on them for at least a year or two.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I'm not getting rich or anything but I'm doing what I can.
I took my own advice and bought SPY puts. 150% overnight.
We are currently at 2017 levels. I think we will go back to 2016 at minimum.
Premiums are high because volatility is high. But will volatility calm down in the next couple of weeks? I don't think so. No major cities shut down in US yet.
I bought puts on tons of stuff the last couple of days. Anything that wasn't already down 30%+. Anything that I already thought was garbage. Buy puts.

Ivan Shatov

kiwifarms.net
Rich? No. Better off? Yes.

The longer this goes the better. Basically just keep shorting every energy company, doing daily puts to limit risk along with some long shorts. If instability shores up, my exposure is 24 hours max, profit accumulates every day.

Stay away from RMB futures. It's an oasis a mirage.

Don't bet on it.

Last edited:

Ivan Shatov

kiwifarms.net
So the Fed pumped in half a trillion dollars and announced another trillion more in reserve and it amounted to absolutely jack. They just put it into the stocks, did some dark magic to boost liquidity, moved it over to the banks aaannnnnd....its gone. Its all gone. Poof!

They're just getting started.

Energy stocks are immune from a liquidity injection because of the situations with the Saudis and Russia. All indexes will adjust around their value, automated trading systems use them as a key indicator for buy / sell decisions. Energy companies will take on a lot of debt, which will effect their valuation but allow them to continue operating.

So it's a spiral to the bottom. Exxon might be a penny stock before it's all over. The cycle doesn't end until Russia folds, which probably doesn't happen for the next 90 days.

Magog

kiwifarms.net
It's probably exceptional but I want to ask, if the stocks goes down for everyone then isn't the result that things are the same?
I'd say so, kinda. Also, just because we see stocks going down, doesn't mean everything is going to shit. I think it's pretty clear that this isn't going to affect the US (and especially regular United States Citizens) very much compared to other countries like China and European countries.

What we see on this board is a bunch of neckbeards playing with monopoly money collectively losing their minds because the game might be over.

Oh what am I saying? No, no, no. There can be no equilibrium. No balance. No way out. Just watch those numbers on a screen get lower while you set everything on fire and shit yourself.

dopy

King Neptune's Chosen People
kiwifarms.net
1,700 point drop of the DOW. Trading halted. Took only 10 minutes. *edit* 3 minutes. Blink and you miss it.

*EDIT*

That volatility index. Oh no.

View attachment 1184497
vix 100 by wednesday next week calling it

Reactions: rinya and melty
Tags
None