Stock Market, Business, and Investing General - News, Tips, etc

• Despite what alcoholic retards are saying, there are no plans to shut down the Kiwi Farms.

Cure Milquetoast

ௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌ
kiwifarms.net

Tonto

kiwifarms.net
How old is the average age of that mob going to be though? Really?
Given how the US quarantine is being handled, they'll be dead. Wouldn't worry too much, but the image of a Mad Maxian geriatric convoy riding to liberate California is funny.

Round four of quantitative easing might kill the dollar for good for the world though so how far the market can fall is still relatively undefined potentially depending on how the reaction to this round plays out,
Sure. But we all need to eat, live in houses and use electricity. And in any case I'm diversifying to dollar, euro, sterling and yen based indexes over the next 80 weeks or so. That should bring me pretty close to the average performance of world economy. I'm guessing we're going to drop another 60% from these levels 'cause that would make us about equal to 2008 disaster levels. Then it flattens out and begins a gradual recovery in 2023-24. Timing is a fools errand, but buying over time on a U-shaped curve is profitable. Who knows?

And as for the dollar? The rest of the world is even worse with money so for better or worse, greenbacks will stay around for a long time.

• Agree
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Route 79 and dopy

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
Payment stocks are going to blow the fuck up after all of this is over, so I've bought a fuckton of Discover and American Express, since they're a bit more exposed to everything that's going on right now than Visa or Mastercard, and have therefore lost more value as a direct result, making them a better deal IMO. They could still dip some more (who knows where the bottom really is?), but I'd be shocked if it doesn't recover relatively quickly (and if I'm wrong, I can easily afford the loss). I thought about buying more shares of Square or even PayPal, but I think I'm going to wait and watch; maybe after my next paycheck.

I also bought more shares of Ally and Capital One, since they're fairly exposed to auto loans (one of the main reasons they've lost so much value), and the latter also has an enormous credit card portfolio that's primarily targeted at borrowers with average to below average credit scores. I also bought into Alliance Data Systems, and threw some yolobux at a few other things.

If Disney drops any more, I legitimately may put an entire paycheck into it.

I kind of wish I had bought Blue Apron at $2.60 like I joked about on here a few weeks ago, since the price has quintupled since then.

• Winner
Reactions: Toshiba and dopy

dopy

King Neptune's Chosen People
kiwifarms.net
Why would the overall trend be linear?
you can see that the previous few corrections either passed into the price channel or bounced off of it. who knows what could happen this time. just felt like pointing it out.

Tonto

kiwifarms.net
If history repeats itself, sometime during the next 2-4 years we'll see the bottom which (I'm guessing) is between 600-800 on that chart. Then it starts to climb back up again, forming that U-shape you see after 2000 and 2008. Buying during that period is very profitable as long as you buy steadily.

The opposite is inverted U which you can see f. ex. 1998-2002. Buying during that time and then selling at the end was a big loss.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
you can see that the previous few corrections either passed into the price channel or bounced off of it. who knows what could happen this time. just felt like pointing it out.
Trends in economics are typically exponential.

• Feels
Reactions: dopy

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
Payment stocks are going to blow the fuck up after all of this is over, so I've bought a fuckton of Discover and American Express, since they're a bit more exposed to everything that's going on right now than Visa or Mastercard, and have therefore lost more value as a direct result, making them a better deal IMO. They could still dip some more (who knows where the bottom really is?), but I'd be shocked if it doesn't recover relatively quickly (and if I'm wrong, I can easily afford the loss). I thought about buying more shares of Square or even PayPal, but I think I'm going to wait and watch; maybe after my next paycheck.
On Discover alone, I've already made $11.05/share. If it gets back to where it was on Valentine's Day (by no means a guarantee), that will go up to $52.42/share.

jje100010001

kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

Cure Milquetoast

ௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌ
kiwifarms.net
Lmao Luckin Coffee's stock collapses because like many numbers in China, profits were made up:

Remember how they were the media darling for rivaling Starbucks just a year ago?

View attachment 1212608
https://www.fastcompany.com/90457552/luckin-coffee-most-innovative-companies-2020 (Archive)

April 2nd:
View attachment 1212602
https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1245698219004264449 (Archive)

And this rube was telling people it was all fine just the day before:

March 30:
View attachment 1212600
https://twitter.com/_mm85/status/1244700128440733696 (Archive)
Wow, that aged like an avocado.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Unemployment worse than all estimates, so naturally the market goes up. Very normal, very cool.

• Feels
Reactions: dopy

Not Really Here

Something's wrong with my neck sleeve
kiwifarms.net
markets are broken, stay the fuck away. if you buy coins, eat the premium of the coins at your local dealer, paper gold is about to implode because nobody can deliver the gold backing the paper.
Gold and silver chains at pawn shops and local retailers as long as they aren't marked up more than 10% over metal value.

jje100010001

kiwifarms.net
Lmao Luckin Coffee's stock collapses because like many numbers in China, profits were made up:

Remember how they were the media darling for rivaling Starbucks just a year ago?
April 2nd:

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1245698219004264449 (Archive)
Amazingly, Chinese netizens are actually rallying by Luckin's side. Tells you all you need to know about CCP nationalism, and the whole CCP attitude to business.

In an online survey (link in Chinese) initiated by news portal Sina Tech, more than half of the 80,000 or so respondents chose the option “I accept Luckin’s apology, it is still a national champion as long as it corrects its mistakes.”
Why is US capital allowed to finance Chinese firms again? Especially considering that Chinese accounting has always been dodgy and unaccountable?

https://qz.com/1833297/fans-rally-to-aid-chinas-luckin-coffee-after-fraud-scandal/ (Archive)

the fall of man

nothing and nobody
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So is this a dead cat bounce right now or what?
Markets are high on inflationary policy (more dollars means equities are worth more comparatively). Focus on solid buys - banks that get Fed dollars, Costco, consumer goods - because when we “beat“ coronavirus, we’ll still be dealing with mass unemployment and massive debt.

Edit so I don’t double post: Right now, I’d take the following as my lucrative long-term opportunities:

BLK - Blackrock is the financial entity that is weaponizing the Fed/treasury relationship. They’ve rebounded 10% and stand to get rich off the money printer.

COST - Costco is killing it in general and is a generally safe equity and fantastic company

HRL - Hormel, ConAgra, etc will likely post killer Q2s. Consumer goods in a recession, et al

EARN - REITs tanked real hard on the bad news and are starting to rebound. They may tank again later when the “real” recession hits, so that might be the time to pick a survivor and juice it for spare change

SVXY - Volatility shorts are a good way to capitalize on market moves back to “normal” (and a great way to lose money in a crisis). The proverbial picking up nickels in front of a steamroller.

Disclaimer: I am not a financial analyst and I frequently lose money by selling my trades too soon, Do not trust my posts as I am an idiot.

Last edited:
Tags
None