Stock Market, Business, and Investing General - News, Tips, etc

thejackal

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Did anybody get in on the XSPA play? It was rumored to be getting some contracts for turning their shitty airport spas into testing centers last night and it ended up happening this morning. CNBC mentioned them and it went up like 80% pre market. I managed to flip my shares at about 70% profit this morning.

The COVID based moon plays can pay off right now because you got so many fucking noobs on RH chasing this shit. Just get in and get out. Count your money.

FWIW I'm looking at TRIB as the next one for the upcoming week. Think I've pimped them here already but do your own DD and see. There's some very promising technical and news related reasons to speculate on them.

Ebonic Tutor

"Beware the shitposting of demons."
kiwifarms.net
Did anybody get in on the XSPA play? It was rumored to be getting some contracts for turning their shitty airport spas into testing centers last night and it ended up happening this morning. CNBC mentioned them and it went up like 80% pre market. I managed to flip my shares at about 70% profit this morning.

The COVID based moon plays can pay off right now because you got so many fucking noobs on RH chasing this shit. Just get in and get out. Count your money.

FWIW I'm looking at TRIB as the next one for the upcoming week. Think I've pimped them here already but do your own DD and see. There's some very promising technical and news related reasons to speculate on them.
I made a note to get it but didn't. :(

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
I have a thousand dollars I’d like to invest. My friend suggested starting a Vanguard, which I know is a smart responsible choice, but I’m young and I feel like I can afford to be riskier. Does anyone have any advice for what I should invest in? Thanks.

Do you want to YOLO it and very likely end up at zero? Pick something randomly based on bad due diligence and buy in the money calls out a few months.

Do you want to slowly grow money? Get a Robinhood and buy either an ETF or some company you don’t think will go tits up. If you want to try RH I can send you a code and we both get free share of a lolstock.

The “proper” thing to do is start a Vanguard retirement fund and put it in the cheapest expense ratio mutual fund there - probably total market - and continue to add to it each month (a Roth IRA is probably the way to go if you’re in a low tax bracket).

Another option is to open the RH account (or TD Ameritrade), buy 💯 shares of some stock you believe in, and sell covered calls.

If you do anything but basic “buy and hold” you probably want to consider the $1000 as a “down payment” on education.

thejackal

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do you want to YOLO it and very likely end up at zero? Pick something randomly based on bad due diligence and buy in the money calls out a few months.

Do you want to slowly grow money? Get a Robinhood and buy either an ETF or some company you don’t think will go tits up. If you want to try RH I can send you a code and we both get free share of a lolstock.

The “proper” thing to do is start a Vanguard retirement fund and put it in the cheapest expense ratio mutual fund there - probably total market - and continue to add to it each month (a Roth IRA is probably the way to go if you’re in a low tax bracket).

Another option is to open the RH account (or TD Ameritrade), buy 💯 shares of some stock you believe in, and sell covered calls.

If you do anything but basic “buy and hold” you probably want to consider the $1000 as a “down payment” on education.
That's an awesome answer and congrats to the youngster getting started. I wish I had started 10 years ago myself. Agree, if he wants to do something super long do ETFs but Vanguard is boring and their return is slowing (they look to protect wealth as much as create it). Maybe look at emerging market ETFs, cloud (and cloud security) ETFs, e sports ETFs and so on. All growing sectors that in 20 years might make you quite a bit of fucking money.

Vanguard has an absolute shit-ton of various funds and ETFs, but usually when someone mentions them they’re referring to long term investment in an index fund.

Grabbing some books by Bogle from the library can be a decent place to start.

An intelligent strategy can be to send 90% of what you can save to Vanguard and some boring index fund of the grouping you prefer (or a few - asset allocation) and then 10% to RH or similar to yolo all you want.

Last edited:

the fall of man

nothing and nobody
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Vanguard has an absolute shit-ton of various funds and ETFs, but usually when someone mentions them they’re referring to long term investment in an index fund.

Grabbing some books by Bogle from the library can be a decent place to start.

An intelligent strategy can be to send 90% of what you can save to Vanguard and some boring index fund of the grouping you prefer (or a few - asset allocation) and then 10% to RH or similar to yolo all you want.
Vanguard is excellent for long term sector or index plays (I really like their TIPS funds) but they’re very low beta if you’re looking to capitalize on position swing. I mostly use Vanguard for safe money and my Roth IRA

Bagronkleton

Crush you up easier than a little bag of crisps
kiwifarms.net
Thoughts on Twitter puts? All this bad publicity in the last few days has gotta hurt over the next week if not longer.

Last edited:
RGR and VSTO are already up 10%+, I don't think they go much higher unless it gets real fun out there. Sell before earnings imo.

TWTR is unlikely to go down over the amount the puts would cost, long calls is better imo, as most likely it'll turn into some sort of nothingburger.

TerminalTryHard

Use your fucking blinker
kiwifarms.net
RGR and VSTO are already up 10%+, I don't think they go much higher unless it gets real fun out there. Sell before earnings imo.

TWTR is unlikely to go down over the amount the puts would cost, long calls is better imo, as most likely it'll turn into some sort of nothingburger.
I think VSTO has the potential to go higher, they have a lot more than just ammo companies. Or at the very least I don't think it will drop much.

Ebonic Tutor

"Beware the shitposting of demons."
kiwifarms.net
So I woke up this morning to find AYTU had gone up to 1.80 in PM, though by opening it was around 1.70. I almost sold it for the few hundred and was gonna rebuy but I got nervous that it'd end up like ACB did for me, when I sold it for like 12.50 or something then it spiked to 17.00+ for a day. I'm not upset about my decision though, I'm officially into the green again on it regardless.

The FDA EUA approval didn't do as much as I hoped admittedly, but maybe the news that dropped after hours will help push past the wall that's up at around 1.60-1.62 at the moment.

The tinfoil hat in me wonders if people are trying to keep the price down to "own the drump!" so to speak. Him being right about the Healight thing, bit far-fetched as it sounds would be a huge blow to their credibility (the little that remains as of late).

Edit:

Some additional thoughts, I thought the Military using Aytu's tests for their Kung-Flu testing might have just been bullshit. Mostly because I couldn't find any info concerning Cardinal Health's exclusive deal with the military. Well I found it.

Well Aytu's test is the only one of 3 I believe Cardinal sells, only two are the serology type and Aytu's is stupid fast compared to it. So I feel like odds are good the military is gonna be grabbing some of em.

Last edited:
Tags
None