Stock Market, Business, and Investing General - News, Tips, etc

My new employer just e-mailed me that I'm eligible for their 401K. I already have a Roth at Schwab but I might roll the 401K over after a while if it's worth it.

They match up to the first 5% after a year. Should I take the plunge?
Yes, it's free money. The only exception would be if they only have high fees or really bad funds with high expense ratios and you think you're going to leave the company before the match vests. But even then the tax deduction could pay for itself. Bogleheads is a good resource for this sort of question: 401(k)

GHTD

S K I N S U I T S
True & Honest Fan
Dude what the fuck happened with KODK today?

My stock shot way the fuck up and I cannot tell what happened.

Dude what the fuck happened with KODK today?

My stock shot way the fuck up and I cannot tell what happened.
I am absolutely destroying playing with fake money.
This market is dumb

Bottom two caps were Friday morning and Friday close

016b0a8c8569bf8a5c08775c7f7386f7.png
1602457537088.png

1602457571558.png

I still think banks are pretty undervalued, and likely will be for awhile. I got a ton of stuff for cheap earlier this year (I made a decent bit DFS, ALLY, AXP, COF and a few others). I went ahead put some of my so-called gambling money into VFH today, so I guess we'll see.

Is it true that interest rates are probably going to be shit until 2023?
Yeah. It's part of the reason I'm putting more into my brokerage accounts than I normally would, since there's not much of a point in letting a large, liquid cash emergency fund sit in my bank accounts at these levels.

So I'm an idiot but I've got a Fidelity account, making passive income with that.

In light of all the markets soaring recently, is now a good time to sell? I'm one of these people who keeps thinking, "Well maybe tomorrow it'll rise to 60 and I can sell then..."
Also if anyone has advice for what stocks to buy (right now I've got basket stocks, mostly low-risk stuff), I'd be eternally grateful.

Pizdec

Blin it is good.
True & Honest Fan
So I'm an idiot but I've got a Fidelity account, making passive income with that.

In light of all the markets soaring recently, is now a good time to sell? I'm one of these people who keeps thinking, "Well maybe tomorrow it'll rise to 60 and I can sell then..."
Also if anyone has advice for what stocks to buy (right now I've got basket stocks, mostly low-risk stuff), I'd be eternally grateful.
I have a couple shares in Aurora Cannabis (ACB), now that more states have legalized it, their shares have been going back up.