Stock Market, Business, and Investing General - News, Tips, etc

Why has tesla gone fucking bonkers over the last year?

Is it a bubble, or are massive players banking on a future ban of petroleum cars, and they expect tesla to be the biggest dog in 20-30 years?

Edit: to put it into perspective...

Toyota=makes the most cars per year (10million/year). Is valued at 200billion and is down 5% overall for 2020.

Tesla=made 300K cars in 2019. Is valued at 500+ billion and is up 620% for the year. The pump has now made Elon musk worth 130 billion on paper

Shits crazy
Tesla doesn't actually make money from selling cars.

Tesla's money comes from selling the credits it gets from the government for building electric cars to other automakers to offset their emissions.

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
Whats the verdict on GME after yesterday's crash? I was expecting something of a crash when the earnings report came in but that was pretty intense.

Considering selling what profits I have, having bought in at $9, or keep holding. I know some people are positive about it but I'm seeing a lot of negative nancies after yesterday and I'm a very impressionable soul.

I do see signs that they're working toward long-term goals but I'm getting a little nervous.

Maybe I just need some reassurance, had a bad week.

Last edited:
Whats the verdict on GME after yesterday's crash? I was expecting something of a crash when the earnings report came in but that was pretty intense.

Considering selling what profits I have, having bought in at $9, or keep holding. I know some people are positive about it but I'm seeing a lot of negative nancies after yesterday and I'm a very impressionable soul.

I do see signs that they're working toward long-term goals but I'm getting a little nervous.
Sherman is a fucking cuck but I'm still long

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
So to the guy who shilled Aytu, I'm beginning to think you were on to something. They had a merger or something and they went from barely a dollar to $6.

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
So to the guy who shilled Aytu, I'm beginning to think you were on to something. They had a merger or something and they went from barely a dollar to $6.

I think you mixed up stocks. AYTU has been steadily declining from their peak ever since the end of Spring and have declined two whole bucks in December so far. The 6 bucks they're at now is their lowest they've been since Trump indirectly mentioned them.

Also I've seen a lot of AYTU shills who bought into it and they happen to be A&N regulars, if you catch my drift. Not even trashing AYTU personally, they might cause another turnaround I don't know and I can't comment if their science or product is sound or not; but I haven't seen a convincing point made by people who aren't emotionally invested in it or even convinced there's a conspiracy to keep them low to prove Trump wrong (I have seen this on KF).

If there's anything more to this stock, I fully embrace my ignorance on its finer details, but this is just what has deterred me.

NGL though, that May 10th Trump Bump would have been sweet if I owned their stock. But I don't think we're going to see that again.

Last edited:

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
I think you mixed up stocks. AYTU has been steadily declining from their peak ever since the end of Spring and have declined two whole bucks in December so far. The 6 bucks they're at now is their lowest they've been since Trump indirectly mentioned them.

Also I've seen a lot of AYTU shills who bought into it and they happen to be A&N regulars, if you catch my drift. Not even trashing AYTU personally, they might cause another turnaround I don't know and I can't comment if their science or product is sound or not; but I haven't seen a convincing point made by people who aren't emotionally invested in it or even convinced there's a conspiracy to keep them low to prove Trump wrong (I have seen this on KF).

If there's anything more to this stock, I fully embrace my ignorance on its finer details, but this is just what has deterred me.

NGL though, that May 10th Trump Bump would have been sweet if I owned their stock. But I don't think we're going to see that again.
I see, I only got one share when it was 50 cents to see what would happen, so not a huge loss for me if it goes belly up.

That simply isn't true, they've been trading at around $1 per share since 2018

It was a $1.52 when Trump mentioned them in April and hit $8.13 on Dec 10 and settled in at $6.XX now

So it's worth 4x what they were now compared to when Trump mentioned them

The jump occurred on Dec 9th

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
That simply isn't true, they've been trading at around $1 per share since 2018

It was a $1.52 when Trump mentioned them in April and hit $8.13 on Dec 10 and settled in at $6.XX now

So it's worth 4x what they were now compared to when Trump mentioned them

The jump occurred on Dec 9th

AYTU.PNG

Am I missing something here? Has Yahoo and Google Finance lied to me along with my broker app?

Peak was 20 bucks on this chart back when Trump mentioned them. Has been a gradual decline down to 6 bucks ever since.

Am I mixing this up with another AYTU? Am I misreading this somehow? Not even being sardonic here, I really want to know what I'm missing and why so many people are promoting this stock

There were chances for short term gains on this through quick buying and selling but long term investment does not look promising to me.

View attachment 1811364

Am I missing something here? Has Yahoo and Google Finance lied to me along with my broker app?

Peak was 20 bucks on this chart back when Trump mentioned them. Has been a gradual decline down to 6 bucks ever since.

Am I mixing this up with another AYTU? Am I misreading this somehow?
I'm kind of stumped by this one, normally when I want to view a quick history of a stock or fund I plug the ticker symbol into Bing and it comes up with a nice graph and I've always found it to be accurate.

However Bing shows a $1.XX value until it spikes in December

Plugging the symbol into other apps produces a graph similar to the one you're showing but what's bizarre is both Bing and other apps show the current value @ $6.12

I was under the impression that Bing pulls NASDAQ.com data but these two are really off here for some reason.

Also it wasn't just Trump mentioned them, it was the same time period they signed a deal with Cedars Sinai to develop the Heal light.

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
I'm kind of stumped by this one, normally when I want to view a quick history of a stock or fund I plug the ticker symbol into Bing and it comes up with a nice graph and I've always found it to be accurate.

Plugging the symbol into other apps produces a graph similar to the one you're showing but what's bizarre is both Bing and other apps show the current value @ $6.12

I was under the impression that Bing pulls NASDAQ.com data but these two are really off here for some reason.

Also it wasn't just Trump mentioned them, it was the same time period they signed a deal with Cedars Sinai to develop the Heal light.

I see the same thing on Bing. Kind of explains a lot of the confusion I've seen here.

Between Google, Yahoo and my own broker app, I'm inclined to write this off as Bing having an oopsie. Going to other sites doesn't show Bing's prices.

Regardless, I think you can understand why I'm concerned about the future of AYTU's stock based on these other sources.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))

I see the same thing on Bing. Kind of explains a lot of the confusion I've seen here.

Between Google, Yahoo and my own broker app, I'm inclined to write this off as Bing having an oopsie. Going to other sites doesn't show Bing's prices.

Regardless, I think you can understand why I'm concerned about the future of AYTU's stock based on these other sources.
Both graphs are correct, though they're differently correct. A 1 for 10 reverse split on AYTU occurred on December 9, 2020. For each 10 shares owned pre-split, the shareholder now owns 1 share. This had the effect of multiplying its share price by 10, however, an investor's holdings did not multiply by 10 because their shares simultaneously decreased by the same amount.

Bing's graph is showing the value of 1 share, regardless of splits. Google's graph is adjusted for splits, so it shows the historical value of shares equivalent to 1 share currently. E.g. on December 8, 2020, Bing shows a value of 0.870 (1 share), while Google shows a value of $8.70 (10 shares).

melty

True & Honest Fan
Yep, reverse splits tend to make historical graphs look wonky. This is why you see things like UVXY that look like they were worth thousands at one point, they weren't, they were reverse split and that's how it's reflected in historical charts. If you ever see a chart like that, check and see if it was reverse split. It's harder with AYTU because $20 isn't something unreasonable.

Am I the only one with FOMO buying GME today? I bought one share yesterday and am getting five when the market opens today...not the biggest loss if it goes badly I guess.