Stock Market, Business, and Investing General - News, Tips, etc

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
Haha everyone who FOMO’d in at 80+ is panicking.

I’d like to ask the advice of people on here who are not as exceptional as me. So last week I bought my first call and lost money because I got greedy and didn’t sell when I was up. I also bought two Nokia calls for 4.5 expiring 1/29 and one 5.5 call expiring 2/5. I sold one of the 4.5 calls this morning, bought two more shares of BB and the rest I’m putting in my checking account. When do you think selling the other two is worth it? I’m up about 50 dollars right now on both. I’m trying to remind myself ‘bulls get fed, bears get fed, pigs get slaughtered’.

edit: Also I totally get how people get addicted to options trading now. I’ve spent like...250 on BB and I’m up 95 dollars. I spent less than 10 dollars on calls and I’m up 103.

Last edited:

HOMO FOR LIFE

flaunting her autism like a title of nobility
kiwifarms.net
$BB has room to grow at the moment.
You have to measure the level of bubble to the level of people's greed lol when you buy stocks that are fundamentally illogical.

I am new to this so I am prepared to lose $1000 or so. Not really big in the grand scheme of things.

People buying gme at $90 is fucking nuts.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
My call went from being up 50 to up 42, but my greedy brain doesn’t want to sell yet. Also plan to keep hodling GME cause I’m dumb.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I haven't been to WSB in awhile, things have sure changed. People are talking about buying shares now? Weird.
I did a lot of wsb stuff last year and stopped in April because things stopped making sense with the fed pumping up the economy despite everything going to shit. Not like it makes sense now or made sense before, but it makes more sense.
I definitely made more money with the wsb shit than the safe stuff but I also "lost" large amounts of money by not taking gains. I still made more money than I lost, and much more than if I did the "safe" stuff, but it burned a bit. You really have to be OK with losing a lot of money and not thinking about it too much because you come out ahead long term. Or play it safe and buy shares - all the long term stuff I sold off is doing fine now so I regret selling those.
It definitely feels as euphoric as it did a year ago so I wonder if this will last too much longer.

Last edited:

HOMO FOR LIFE

flaunting her autism like a title of nobility
kiwifarms.net
I haven't been to WSB in awhile, things have sure changed. People are talking about buying shares now? Weird.
I did a lot of wsb stuff last year and stopped in April because things stopped making sense with the fed pumping up the economy despite everything going to shit. Not like it makes sense now or made sense before, but it made more sense.
I definitely made more money with the wsb shit than the safe stuff but I also "lost" large amounts of money by not taking gains. I still made more money than I lost, and much more than if I did the "safe" stuff, but it burned a bit. You really have to be OK with losing a lot of money and not thinking about it too much because you come out ahead long term. Or play it safe and buy shares - all the long term stuff I sold off is doing fine now so I regret selling those.
It definitely feels as euphoric as it did a year ago so I wonder if this will last too much longer.
It's gonna be all fucky this summer once Fed and Biden govt give additional cash injection. Directly and indirectly. Euphoria has just started. It's gonna go to shit probably October and November when economic indicators no longer show signs of strength. N