Stone Fruit Appreciation Thread -

Trombonista

The wooden spoon's for pasta again
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's stone fruit season, so let's discuss my favorite type of fruit!

I love cherries and nectarines the most, but I also love peaches and plums. Red velvet apricots are better than the standard orange ones, but they're also expensive. Pluots (plum/apricot hybrids) are good too.

Token Weeaboo

"this too shall pass"
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ditto. Anytime I'm at a place that servers Shirley Temples, I always eat the cherry first before i drink the drink.
Not joking this time: I sometimes buy marishino cherries just to eat them out of the bottle they come in. Sometimes I even use the juice in the bottle as a sort of flavoring for drinks. I also know it's not the proper way to do it- BUT! I sometimes even replace the bit I used for flavoring with some alcohol to make a really weak alcoholic cherry.

Just A Butt

Lift me up, like a garage door.
kiwifarms.net
Despite having recently lived in the “Peach state” (which is a joke because most of the good peaches come from SC anyway, not GA) I could never stand them. Plums are amazing, though.

Maskull

Your an ignorant idiot
kiwifarms.net
Not joking this time: I sometimes buy marishino cherries just to eat them out of the bottle they come in. Sometimes I even use the juice in the bottle as a sort of flavoring for drinks. I also know it's not the proper way to do it- BUT! I sometimes even replace the bit I used for flavoring with some alcohol to make a really weak alcoholic cherry.
Unashamed to say I do so too.

• Winner
Reactions: Token Weeaboo

Pinot Pierrot

The naive one, forever waiting.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Everyone's already talked about cherries and peaches, so I'm going to add mangoes into the mix. I usually get honey mangoes, the ones looking like yellow kidneys. My grandma taught me to remove the skin by hand, so instead of using the normal method (taking one half and making cross-hatches to poke the flesh out into cube shapes), I would peel the fruit like a banana before sucking the flesh off the pit, ape style.

Sure, my hand is a mess afterwards, but that's what kitchen sinks are for.

Angry New Ager

CLINTON 2020: "One Nation, Under a Groove..."
kiwifarms.net
Apricots. Peaches* and nectarines are good, plums are okay, and I like cherries a lot, but apricots are the fucking best, and I will eat them until I'm sick. The challenge, as with any fruit, is finding ones that are actually ripe; the farmers' market is usually my best bet. I buy a flat to make jam every year, but it's never as good as fresh, ripe apricots.

*Yellow peaches are great, but fuck those flavorless piece of shit white peaches that are sometimes all they have in the supermarket. They're one of those fruits where aesthetics and the ability to survive shipping have made them far, far more popular than they have any right to be. They're like the Red Delicious apple or Iceberg lettuce of peaches.

Trombonista

The wooden spoon's for pasta again
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
*Yellow peaches are great, but fuck those flavorless piece of shit white peaches that are sometimes all they have in the supermarket. They're one of those fruits where aesthetics and the ability to survive shipping have made them far, far more popular than they have any right to be. They're like the Red Delicious apple or Iceberg lettuce of peaches.
White peaches and nectarines are too sweet for me. I like tangy yellow ones.

Autumnal Equinox

Sing or I'll go home and kill all your mommies
kiwifarms.net
Cherries are good (especially Bing cherries) but nectarines are one of my favorite on the go snacks.

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't like very many stone fruits but I've finally come around to cherries more recently. They're one of those things where you've gotta have them in the right season to really appreciate how tasty they are.

• Agree
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox
Tags
None