StoneToss (allegedly, formerly Red Panels)

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
Oh don't read too much into the image I chose, I just wanted one with the cat ears because LOL and now that "OPENSEA HAS COMMITTED A HOLOCAUST AGAINST OUR JPEGS REEEEEEEE" it's not as easy to browse the images so that was the only one I could find and I thought it was funny that it was the crying one too so I ran with it.

Let's just go with that doesn't represent Stonetoss just the Flurk owners currently on OpenSeethe mode :story:
I'm getting the impression that you are kinda mad?

Wtf?

Had

"he who increases knowledge increases sorrow"-1:18
kiwifarms.net
2739519-43f879853e4b463ba5586a5e7c83c165.jpg

Next nft plan in the works.
Fucking Shmorky :story:
Imagine being Shomorky and some internet racist is making literal millions using an anagram of your name, oh fuck buddy!

Lemmingwise

I paid the right click price, not the crypto price
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Automatic moderation had them removed after reports, or an employee ate a bullet from management?
I'll let you know if I find out.

It seems that the rare traits are on of the things that make them more expensive.

A lot of people seem to be selling flurks at below minting price. I guess it makes sense if you just wanted to support stonetoss. You made sure he got the money, then recouped what you could.

All the black flurks are selling above minting price though, so a minority has made money selling minorities already.

There apparently is also a royalty of 5% on every trade.

Cat Attack

I'm not at liberty to do math your honor
kiwifarms.net
I'll let you know if I find out.

It seems that the rare traits are on of the things that make them more expensive.

A lot of people seem to be selling flurks at below minting price. I guess it makes sense if you just wanted to support stonetoss. You made sure he got the money, then recouped what you could.

All the black flurks are selling above minting price though, so a minority has made money selling minorities already.

There apparently is also a royalty of 5% on every trade.
Wait, you mean Stonetoss takes 5% of every trade? I didn't even know that was a thing. I can't be reading that right how would you even enforce that on a decentralized network?

KateHikes14

YWNBARW
kiwifarms.net
Wait, you mean Stonetoss takes 5% of every trade? I didn't even know that was a thing. I can't be reading that right how would you even enforce that on a decentralized network?
While I'm unsure if that's true, it's certainly possible. It would be part of the smart contract, which is part of why ethereum is so much more useful than BTC, it has the framework to allow all sorts of unique schemes for various reasons, like some coins have a x% burn/ x% network redistribution, which encourages holding the coin, the percentage total is usually below 3% which allows it to be a better option than payments via card.

Cat Attack

I'm not at liberty to do math your honor
kiwifarms.net
Flurks sent back to the gulags at Rarible. What a beautiful mess. :story:
Subvert the system, become the system, get subverted by a guy who draws racist web comics. :story:
This whole event is so chaotic and watching a bunch of crypto nerds who think of themselves as true libertarian cyber-punk anarchists struggle to handle it just 😘👌

Just_a_Bored_Guy

Cruising with the guys
kiwifarms.net
Hmm, when I tried to access his website, my antiviral stopped me. This hasn't happened before, so I wonder what this could be.
BTW, he reached out to both Opensea and Rarible about the takedowns.

Czechem Republic

kiwifarms.net
Tokens on Ethereum are held as part of a 'smart contract', basically an on-blockchain database of sorts that says who owns what and what they can do with it. Any token is just an entry that says token ABC is owned by wallet address XYZ.

So if the contract that created the tokens has a function as part of the transfer that redirects .05 of the selling price to the creator, there ya go.

Lemmingwise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Tokens on Ethereum are held as part of a 'smart contract', basically an on-blockchain database of sorts that says who owns what and what they can do with it. Any token is just an entry that says token ABC is owned by wallet address XYZ.

So if the contract that created the tokens has a function as part of the transfer that redirects .05 of the selling price to the creator, there ya go.

This is true; but in practice the smart contract part of it can be circumvented if you write your own code to interact with it; technically it's just the premade code version that redirects the chosen royalty amount to the creator. Which means that 99% of the people pay it.

For a somewhat comparable example; some people still used rarible to sell flurks to each other after the delisting, just because they interacted with the contract directly.

Hmm, when I tried to access his website, my antiviral stopped me. This hasn't happened before, so I wonder what this could be.

Depends on virusscanner, but it isn't uncommon for angry people to report wrongthink sites as having viruses and similar in a way to damage their site. Not unlike *cough* ddos attacks, but I don't know any site that would suffer from those.

Don Yagon

Nowhere to go but infinity
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
New comic.
confederate-flag-not-hurting-anybodt-stonetoss-comic.png

Feed & Seethe​

(S / A)
Thanks for the support, fellas.
We had the Flurks NFT launch on the weekend. All 5,000 pieces sold out in 22 minutes. Woah.
I couldn’t have done it without your support, and my marketing department of several thousand seething Redditors, lmao.
In fact, the fun never stopped. After Flurks transacted over 100 Ethereum in trade volume on secondary markets like Opensea and Rarible (in like 6 hours), our project was de-listed there for unstated reasons. You can probably imagine the rage that your average over-socialized crypto liberal had when seeing a so-called “nazi” pull down two million dollars in less than half an hour. HAHA.
Anyway, if you wanted to still grab a Flurk, there are places to buy them on less censorious markets. Be wary however, lots of people are offering fake Flurks not connected to the official project. These scams are particularly prevalent on Opensea – I guess they were more concerned about the wrong artist making money than their customers getting scammed. We have not yet endorsed any particular secondary market for Flurks.
I also did a write up on twitter here: T / A

The War of Northern Aggression wages on.

Lemmingwise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Agreed
"I believe in unregulated currency markets"
"POLICE! I JUST BOUGHT A FAKE NFT!!!"

It's like an antifa riot born of the blockchain.
I wanted to see if the responses to opensea on twitter were a lot of angry stonetoss fans. There were a couple. But almost all of them were people who got scammed out of their money one way or another or delisted unrelated to stonetoss. That was pretty interesting.

It makes the whole field of nfts and crypto more exciting to me, because it feels more like the old wild west internet.

AnOminous

what is yet to come
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It makes the whole field of nfts and crypto more exciting to me, because it feels more like the old wild west internet.
There are now walled gardens, shit like Coinbase, where normies can relatively safely deal with shit like cryptocurrencies, but early crypto when it was mainly just Bitcoin was one Ponzi scam after another. It always surprised me that early adopters of something that was fairly complicated to deal with at the time, so if they could do it at all, they would have to be smarter than a fencepost, could repeatedly fall for the absurdly ridiculous scams that were nearly the norm then.

Back when the only way you could cash out BTC was ridiculous shit like turning it into GreenDot MoneyPaks (remember those?) or even more ridiculous shit like converting it to Second Life Linden dollars, then those into normal USD, and then sending that to PayPal, or buying shit with it on dodgy sites and having it sent to you so you could then resell it on ebay, or just keep it if you actually wanted it (or use it if it was drugs).

NFTs are sort of at that state now. They seem like a really good way to launder money and are definitely a good way to scam. But they're also a good way to bypass bullshit entirely that banks shouldn't even be allowed to do, like blocking people for wrongthink and not because their money is somehow illegal.