StoneToss / Red Panels -

Bob Barker

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Since when did McDonald's lock us all in our homes?
The NSA wasn't the one who wormed or bought or bullied its way into control of nearly every aspect of the internet and tech so it could spy on you. Congress wasn't the one who got alex jones banned from nearly every platform simultaneously for his political views. The us government isn't the one who will ruin you if your spouse accidentally makes a hand gesture that 4chan openly tricked the left into declaring racist as a joke. The department of health isn't the one developing tracking software for your phone because of corona. The federal reserve isn't the one who tells companies they cannot collect money on your behalf because your political views.

If you think the corona lockdown is anywhere near of a threat to our liberty as the absolute irredeemable cancer of big corporations, you truly are lost. This lockdown will pass. Its in response to a real, deadly, objective and temporary threat. What corporations are doing is accelerating and is based on total nonsense. The only reason people are so venomously upset over corona rulings is because we are at the tail end of "good times create weak men" and everyone has this expectation that reality shouldn't ever negatively effect them.

FuckedUp

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you think the corona lockdown is anywhere near of a threat to our liberty as the absolute irredeemable cancer of big corporations, you truly are lost. This lockdown will pass. Its in response to a real, deadly, objective and temporary threat. What corporations are doing is accelerating and is based on total nonsense. The only reason people are so venomously upset over corona rulings is because we are at the tail end of "good times create weak men" and everyone has this expectation that reality shouldn't ever negatively effect them.
>constant goalpost shifting since March
>based on poorly-coded model
>governments blatantly fearmongering
>tons of evidence of COVID death numbers being artificially inflated
>open talk about "new normal"
>months of evidence showing it's basically a bad flu
>I'm the one lost

Okay then.

soy_king

I am the Prom King, I seethe at everything
kiwifarms.net
Since when has Twitter, Facebook, or working at Google been a liberty?
Being an at-will employee doesn't mean you can be fired for being black or Christian. Just because political affiliation isn't a protected class under the Civil Rights Act doesn't mean that people should be fired simply because they have a dissenting opinion.

DanteAlighieri

I hate commies
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Being an at-will employee doesn't mean you can be fired for being black or Christian. Just because political affiliation isn't a protected class under the Civil Rights Act doesn't mean that people should be fired simply because they have a dissenting opinion.
Why shouldn't people be fired for something they are or choose to be? I fucking hate communists and if I could have my way none of them would be allowed a job or housing. It's my right to choose who I associate with. I don't want to work for a company that would discriminate against me and why would I force them to retain me?

soy_king

kiwifarms.net
Why shouldn't people be fired for something they are or choose to be? I fucking hate communists and if I could have my way none of them would be allowed a job or housing. It's my right to choose who I associate with. I don't want to work for a company that would discriminate against me and why would I force them to retain me?
So I'm guessing you'd be okay with a company being allowed to fire people based on the color of their skin?

soy_king

kiwifarms.net
Yes, why should people work for a company that would do that?
Okay, where does it end? Should you be denied admission into a hospital due to your skin color or ideology? What about being denied a loan, or being denied cable or gas or basic utilities due to your race or political ideology? Surely you should be thrilled that a company would be so open about their disdain for you, especially if, like it is in rural areas, such services are usually only provided for by one group?

DanteAlighieri

I hate commies
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay, where does it end? Should you be denied admission into a hospital due to your skin color or ideology? What about being denied a loan, or being denied cable or gas or basic utilities due to your race or political ideology? Surely you should be thrilled that a company would be so open about their disdain for you, especially if, like it is in rural areas, such services are usually only provided for by one group?
It's fun derailing a thread. It doesn't end, anybody or any group of people should be allowed to discriminate against anybody for any reason. Most people won't though, and don't. People like money too much for that.

soy_king

kiwifarms.net
It's fun derailing a thread. It doesn't end, anybody or any group of people should be allowed to discriminate against anybody for any reason. Most people won't though, and don't. People like money too much for that.
We can continue this in a conversation thread if you like, but I have an image to maintain. Regardless, even the fact that most people/corporations wouldn't take such actions doesn't mean that it won't happen, or that such actions wouldn't be profoundly negative to those who have no other options.

How exactly do you feel that first GoFundMe and now MasterCard and Discover, are exerting pressure on sites that are choosing to help Kyle Rittenhouse crowdfund a legal defense? What is more perverse than actively sabotaging a person's ability to defend himself in a criminal court?

FuckedUp

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If it's public healthcare, etc., then no. Otherwise, yes.

FuckedUp

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The vast majority of hospitals in the US are run either by private universities, private health groups or non-profit corporations. Very few hospitals in the US are publicly run, and that percentage gets even smaller in other areas of healthcare.
Yeah, so we need more public hospitals. I don't think ultra-left "ban private healthcare", I just think there should be some basic single-payer healthcare as a safety net.

Tags
None