StoneToss / Red Panels -

Doctor Placebo

Somebody asked for brains?
kiwifarms.net
It's fun derailing a thread. It doesn't end, anybody or any group of people should be allowed to discriminate against anybody for any reason. Most people won't though, and don't. People like money too much for that.
Sounds nice in theory, but that's not how it works in real life. Government and media deliberately create environments that make it easier to discriminate against some groups than others, and sometimes easier to discriminate against a target than to not discriminate when they threaten to shower anyone doing business with X with bad press and lawsuits. Corporations follow the path of least resistance, when they haven't been compromised with activists.

People aren't allowed to discriminate against anyone for any reason either. On paper people aren't allowed to discriminate based on race. In reality this only applies in a way that lines up with the oppression stack, which is why productions like Hamilton can only hire black actors and don't get in trouble.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
In reality this only applies in a way that lines up with the oppression stack, which is why productions like Hamilton can only hire black actors and don't get in trouble.
Employment law doesn't apply to bespoke positions like roles in a movie or theatrical production, where they can be as specific as they like as to race, sex, hair color, appearance, weight, or any other category they like.

Doctor Placebo

kiwifarms.net
Employment law doesn't apply to bespoke positions like roles in a movie or theatrical production, where they can be as specific as they like as to race, sex, hair color, appearance, weight, or any other category they like.
And yet I have a feeling that an all white production of Ghandi or Seven Samurai would run into some problems.

soy_king

I am the Prom King, I seethe at everything
kiwifarms.net
They wouldn't be legal problems. Although I'd bet Ben Kingsley would take shit for playing Gandhi again. . .even though he's actually Indian.
To be fair, hes only half indian, and I'm pretty sure he was cast because he was the only somewhat Indian famous British actor at that time.
Remember when Rami Malek got shit for playing an Egyptian?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I've always loved the Black Egyptians argument that because it's on the landmass arbitrarily called Africa, all the native inhabitants must be black. Like when they think Hannibal was black when he probably in all likelihood looked more like Zenedine Zidane.

soy_king

I am the Prom King, I seethe at everything
kiwifarms.net
He also kinda physically resembles Ghandi and is, you know, an actually good actor. Off the top of my head I couldn't think of anyone better suited for the role.
Fair, but my point was more to the fact that there weren't as many British Indian actors back then as there are now, and all you'd really need to do is find some guy who vaguely looks like Gandhi, shave his head, and put him in a sari (or whatever the male equivalent is called). Looking back on the film, it's very obvious that they darkened Kingsley's skin color for the role.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
He also kinda physically resembles Ghandi and is, you know, an actually good actor. Off the top of my head I couldn't think of anyone better suited for the role.
Literally some total fucking caricature who can't speak English and does nothing but eat samosas and talks like he runs a pajeet hotel, and preferably is autistic and a tranny too, not to mention of course fat.

Pointless Pedant

Dancing the electric paegan love song
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ante D. Luvian
@uncle_deluge
There's a Japanese Stonetoss translation community

View attachment 1580865
Interesting that they translated the bitcoin one, that showed Stone's iffy grip on economics pretty well and probably isn't one his fans would want to share. I recall that he used to be an anarcho-capitalist back in the redpanels days before he realised that didn't work.

Of course, someone could prove me wrong and build a town funded with bitcoin, but I doubt it.

Doctor Placebo

kiwifarms.net
Nah. If you listen to the two voices on the Killstream and the Sargon debate (redpanels in the latter, stonetoss in the former), they are two different peeps.
Do you have the links or video clips to share? I think someone may have shared the Stonetoss Killstream way back on the thread, but I don't think anyone has shared the Red Panels one for comparison.

Tags
None