Revealed Preferences​

Black lives matter? Tell them that.
Friendly fire.
AMOGUS.png

Amogus? Amogus!

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
Probably the millionth person to point it out, remember the Gillette commercial that framed two kids fighting and "boys would be boys" as wrong, but the same type of people now argue that a girl straight up stabbing another girl is just harmless play.
It’s always eyeroll-inducing when you have to take nigger bullshit at face value. Like Saint Trayvon was going to be an astronaut. Kids say dumb shit about what they want to be but society forces you pretend we lost the best astronaut we could have ever had with Tray Tray’s death that he dindu nuffins. It’s that overused Dalrymple quote about propaganda designed to humiliate the populace. They know it’s bullshit but they’re requiring you to pretend wielding a knife is harmless so it’s another bullshit idea you have to swallow.

Illiterate Wanderer

kiwifarms.net
It’s always eyeroll-inducing when you have to take nigger bullshit at face value. Like Saint Trayvon was going to be an astronaut. Kids say dumb shit about what they want to be but society forces you pretend we lost the best astronaut we could have ever had with Tray Tray’s death that he dindu nuffins. It’s that overused Dalrymple quote about propaganda designed to humiliate the populace. They know it’s bullshit but they’re requiring you to pretend wielding a knife is harmless so it’s another bullshit idea you have to swallow.
"Knives of Peace"

Jar-Jar Fanboy

kiwifarms.net
Probably the millionth person to point it out, remember the Gillette commercial that framed two kids fighting and "boys would be boys" as wrong, but the same type of people now argue that a girl straight up stabbing another girl is just harmless play.
Hey, I don't know about you, but when I was a kid, stabbing each other for fun was a regular occurrence! We didn't need no police breaking up the fights. We'd just stab until one of us stopped moving. Usually, at the funeral, another fight would break out, and we'd end up giving the funeral home some extra business. By the time I was twelve, I had been stabbed 37 times, but, you know, kids will be kids, right? Stopping kids from knife-fighting is literally the most violent form of white supremacy, and we need to do better, and be better. Thanks for coming to my TED talk

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Hire better teachers. Change your curriculum for the student's benefit.
The number one obstacle against hiring better teachers is the teacher's union (at least in my country). Any money that reaches in will first be taken first to increase the wages of the shitty senior teachers, and the pittance that remained will be given to new teachers. Coupled with no respect from the populace, no ability to keep out bad students or even to protect yourself from assault. You'd need to be mad, desperate or pedo to be a glorified babysitter for not a lot of money (though if you do the math you'll find that the teacher's pay isn't so small once you factor in that they work for a lot less hours and have entire swaths of the year off).

Fixing the education sector needs an entire destruction and rebuilding of the system.

Rekkington

Obama chuckled. "You mean the chaos emeralds?"
kiwifarms.net
The most troubling thing about a sizable percentage of black people is how they don't even seem to really care about their own kids dying. They'll kick up dust and loudly denounce it but they never really seem sad. That old American Renaissance article written by the public defender was the same, talking about how black moms and grandmothers will talk a big game about supporting their kids but they very quickly stop showing up in court, they never visit their kids, they seem altogether unconcerned. The fathers just straight up don't even try to put on appearances. And that other article about the black community's puzzling relationship with Christianity; they put on a big show about being spiritual and loving Christ but of you pay attention they treat God more like a genie, asking for favors and things that can directly benefit their immediate material world. There are certainly White people who do similar things, but Black people have a very unique and childlike understanding of religion.
That clip that circulated recently of George Floyd's family watching the guilty verdict come in, it looked like they were watching a basketball game, there was no real emotion there to signal that they even gave a shit about this dude, they just know their team "won."

Lemmingwise

The capture of the last white wizard, decolorized
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The most troubling thing about a sizable percentage of black people is how they don't even seem to really care about their own kids dying. They'll kick up dust and loudly denounce it but they never really seem sad. That old American Renaissance article written by the public defender was the same, talking about how black moms and grandmothers will talk a big game about supporting their kids but they very quickly stop showing up in court, they never visit their kids, they seem altogether unconcerned. The fathers just straight up don't even try to put on appearances. And that other article about the black community's puzzling relationship with Christianity; they put on a big show about being spiritual and loving Christ but of you pay attention they treat God more like a genie, asking for favors and things that can directly benefit their immediate material world. There are certainly White people who do similar things, but Black people have a very unique and childlike understanding of religion.
That clip that circulated recently of George Floyd's family watching the guilty verdict come in, it looked like they were watching a basketball game, there was no real emotion there to signal that they even gave a shit about this dude, they just know their team "won."
Reminds me of a guy I know that worked with UN peacecorps in Congo and how it completely disillusioned him. He'd be working with local politicians and such to try and get kids out of these warlord armies. You know the Kony type thing (but years before that). And then get them into schools instead. And the parents would kind of block it saying things like "ok maybe we'll help you move our kid from that army to your school, but what will you do for us if we do?"

I don't know if there's a better cure for fantasies about what black people are like than doing development aid type work in Africa.

Rekkington

Obama chuckled. "You mean the chaos emeralds?"
kiwifarms.net
Reminds me of a guy I know that worked with UN peacecorps in Congo and how it completely disillusioned him. He'd be working with local politicians and such to try and get kids out of these warlord armies. You know the Kony type thing (but years before that). And then get them into schools instead. And the parents would kind of block it saying things like "ok maybe we'll help you move our kid from that army to your school, but what will you do for us if we do?"

I don't know if there's a better cure for fantasies about what black people are like than doing development aid type work in Africa.
There's this great book called Tragedy and Hope by Carrol Quigley, it's basically about the whole world immediately before and after WW2 and describing how the world changed, the fall of these monarchies and empires, etc. One point he made was about how the Liberal British professors were campaigning to brig academia to the lower classes. This was a new idea at the time, saying that all the people of the world and even their own civilization deserved to be enlightened. In fact it was elitist and selfish to deny people that, and to keep all this knowledge cloistered just with the privileged.
And then not long after that we get imperialism, we get people saying this is destructive, history now says this was manipulative and evil, despite it starting with the best intentions. What we learned is what America learned in Iraq: these people don't want or need help, really. In fact they'll see you as an enemy if you try. So just don't bother. China understands this now. They're gonna treat Africans like cattle.

Lemmingwise

The capture of the last white wizard, decolorized
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's this great book called Tragedy and Hope by Carrol Quigley
I'm looking at it on my desk right now, and it's surprising I haven't absorbed it by osmosis in the last 6 months. Maybe I should actually pick it up and read it.

What we learned is what America learned in Iraq: these people don't want or need help, really.
I don't think the people that planned that war ever had the intention to help or even tried to. I think Letterman even sensed that in an interview, about 8 months before 9/11. They're talking about al qaeda in yemen and when I watch that I just sit there thinking: yeah these plans were already being made.