War Street chaos erupts in Copenhagen after a Quran is thrown on the ground -

ATaxingWoman

Professional Imadoofus Tax Investigator
kiwifarms.net
https://www.expressen.se/kvallsposten/gatustrider-utbrot-sedan-koranen-kastats-pa-marken/ (Google Translate)
Three people were arrested during extensive unrest at Nørrebro in central Copenhagen during Sunday.

This began when the strongly Islam-critical politician Rasmus Paludan repeatedly threw a copy of the Quran on the ground and managed to provoke reactions.

Paludan from the small party Stram Kurs was live-streaming on Youtube from his heavily police-watched appearance at Blågårds Plads - but it cut off when he was attacked by agitated audience.

Paludan and a party companion were throwing each other a Quran and dropping it demonstratively time after time.

Attacked by two people
- We were able to play with the Quran for about two minutes before two people who looked like Somalis showed up and attacked me. One of them took the Quran, Rasmus Paludan tells Ekstrabladet .

It was the beginning of an afternoon of street fights. The police used tear gas and several also pulled their firearms - but no shots were fired.
Containers were set on fire. Firecrackers, tables, chairs and other things were thrown at the police. One policeman reportedly received a paving stone in the head and needed medical care - but was not severely injured.

Built barricades on the streets
According to the newspaper Politiken, a group of some 50 men built barricades on the streets in the area. Images show how heavy police vehicles drive straight through burning materials.
At a press conference in the evening, police commissioner Jørgen Bergen Skov said that the incident had been documented and that the pictures were to be examined in order to be able to prosecute those who had actively participated in the brawl.
https://twitter.com/KobenhavnPoliti/status/1117476143437963265
Of the three people arrested, the first person is suspected of having attacked Paludan, the second for having attacked police and the third for not having followed the police's directive.
The police's opinion is that most of the participants in the troubles were "people with gang affiliation and disadvantaged young people" .

"Throw them out of Denmark"
The troubles were commented on by many Danish politicians during the afternoon and evening. Pia Kjærsgaard in the Danish People's Party said:
- Does their rage and violence have anything to do with Paludan at all? Or is it just hate against Denmark? Throw them out of Denmark.
Even after 21 o'clock, several street fires and continued clashes were reported. The police urged the public to stay indoors if possible.
Some images https://ekstrabladet.dk/112/paludan-angrebet-mand-anholdt/7597267

CharlesBarkley

kiwifarms.net
Let's test it in Alabama.
When I played with the Crimson Tide I once smoked a joint with bible paper and seriously, I was the life of a party.

Also, I was the most handsome man in the room despite being 290 and covered in mustard stains. Honestly, everything is better in the south esp. if you have a thing for big titty easy lays. @Null Food for thought if you ever feel like movin'

Is there video of this? It looks like it is just something like 10 dipshits and not like, an insane massive brawl or whatever. I know the paper said 50, but it's Denmark so prob two hobo's fighting is like a mini-war to them.

SiccDicc

Ratatatatatatatatatat!
kiwifarms.net
When I played with the Crimson Tide I once smoked a joint with bible paper and seriously, I was the life of a party.

Also, I was the most handsome man in the room despite being 290 and covered in mustard stains. Honestly, everything is better in the south esp. if you have a thing for big titty easy lays. @Null Food for thought if you ever feel like movin'
Well that settles that then. Now all that's left is Georgia.

Hortator

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well that settles that then. Now all that's left is Georgia.
I get what you’re trying to do, but trust me. Even the most haggard, meth-ridden, moonshine swilling swamp dwellers wouldn’t look twice at somebody tossing a book on the ground. And if it’s the Bible, well, the worst they would do is go and pray for them.

Theologically speaking, it means nothing if a bible is destroyed: it’s just ink and paper. The Word in capital W cannot be destroyed, but it can be besmirched which is different.

Sam Losco

Caveman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, if you're too scared to try it in Alabama you can try it in Georgia.
You could go to the church of your choice anywhere in the US and throw a Bible on the ground and have nothing happen. I'd say you'd get the strongest reaction at a place like Westboro Baptist, but even then, highly unlikely to be violent. You might get yelled at at some little small, fire and brimstone, hard liner, church.

You would never get a riot from Christians. Hell, you could burn a Bible in front of them and be fine. Most churches are less about the religion now and more about socializing with other members of your community.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
kiwifarms.net
You could go to the church of your choice anywhere in the US and throw a Bible on the ground and have nothing happen. I'd say you'd get the strongest reaction at a place like Westboro Baptist, but even then, highly unlikely to be violent. You might get yelled at at some little small, fire and brimstone, hard liner, church.

You would never get a riot from Christians. Hell, you could burn a Bible in front of them and be fine. Most churches are less about the religion now and more about socializing with other members of your community.
Indeed. Muslims' violent reaction to any affront, real or imagined, to their religion is a sign to me of their insecurity and intolerance. People secure in their faith don't go apeshit when their "holy book" is tossed on the ground.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino