Full of bullshit names like -
Gert Jonnys
Berth Idoffs
Matz Bladhs
Wizex
Flamingokvintetten
Lotta & Anders Engbergs Orkester
Schytts

Their album covers tend to be pretty cool, tho.

50eeaa435ff87da9211ee877a24a72f5.jpg

Agent Abe Caprine

Fueled by cigarette butts and paint chips
kiwifarms.net
Satan's Penis
Penis Christ
Satan's Almighty Penis(sequel band?)
Santa Hates You
Keydragon
ButterButtButler
iwrestledabearonce
(((...)))

Last edited:

Absolutego

Middleman who didn't do diddly
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Satan's Penis
Penis Christ
Satan's Almighty Penis(sequel band?)
Santa Hates You
Keydragon
ButterButtButler
iwrestledabearonce
(((...)))
iwrestledabearonce manages to pull the double whammy of being the absolute nadir of 2000's hipster metalcore and having the most stereotypical band name of that scene.

MothMumm

You found an insignificant item
kiwifarms.net
Honestly even more popular/more recognizable musicians and bands can have stupid names. I mean... My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Maroon 5. Im sure these all have meanings but what the hell is a Green Day? What day of the week is that?

Solid Snek

kiwifarms.net
iwrestledabearonce manages to pull the double whammy of being the absolute nadir of 2000's hipster metalcore and having the most stereotypical band name of that scene.
I actually like iwrestledabearonce (as a band name, not the music). It's memorable, it grabs your attention, and it tells you exactly what kind of bullshit you're about to subject yourself to.

Im sure these all have meanings but what the hell is a Green Day? What day of the week is that?

Apparently it's San Francisco slang for spending the whole day doing nothing except sitting around, smoking weed. So in Green Day's case, every day of the week?

MCR's name is pretty straightforward, and Maroon 5, I dunno. According to the internet, the meaning of Maroon 5 is some kind of super-duper secret known only to Billy Joel, but they're such a boring shit band that I don't feel like digging around further.

MothMumm

You found an insignificant item
kiwifarms.net
Apparently it's San Francisco slang for spending the whole day doing nothing except sitting around, smoking weed. So in Green Day's case, every day of the week?

MCR's name is pretty straightforward, and Maroon 5, I dunno. According to the internet, the meaning of Maroon 5 is some kind of super-duper secret known only to Billy Joel, but they're such a boring shit band that I don't feel like digging around further.
what the hell?

Agent Abe Caprine

Fueled by cigarette butts and paint chips
kiwifarms.net
Test Icicles. The name's novelty has lasted longer than the band's existence. They started in 2004 and broke up in 2006.

Dysnomia

Is Reimu gonna have to smack a bitch?
kiwifarms.net
Badflower. And yes they suck. Terrible lyrics by a whiny sounding guy with a faggy punchable face.

I actually like iwrestledabearonce (as a band name, not the music). It's memorable, it grabs your attention, and it tells you exactly what kind of bullshit you're about to subject yourself to.

The story on 90s MTV was that a principal/teacher told them it would be a green day in Hell before they made anything of themselves. Who knows which is correct. Maybe both. It's Green Day after all.