Stupid things you thought as a kid - we were all dumbasses when we were kids

• Trump is threatening to repeal Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act to spite Twitter and I am tracking competing efforts to edit legislation here.
    P.S. A source of my income was removed by payment networks recently. If you'd like to donate crypto, my addresses are here.

TotallyAChick

I don't lift out of principle.
kiwifarms.net
Pretty sure that I thought something similar, that they were more of a subculture (like hippies) composed of fortune tellers and others, rather than an actual people group. Public school didn't help, of course...
I feel that. I guess (combined with school) it's why to this day I only see 3 races- white, black, asian. "Brown people" are just tanned whites.

• Lunacy
Reactions: brutal poodle

Chan Fan

Quarantine Queen
kiwifarms.net
Pretty sure that I thought something similar, that they were more of a subculture (like hippies) composed of fortune tellers and others, rather than an actual people group. Public school didn't help, of course...
This. I've still never met one but at least I believe they exist now lol

peachpit

all dirty.
kiwifarms.net
When in the car and driving, I’d always think everyone driving our direction was going to hell (because you’d see the red tail lights) and all the other cars were going to heaven (white headlights). Oddly I would only have this thought when driving at night.

Count groudon

Concentration camp counselor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought my shadow was some kind of friendly spirit that followed me around, and if I tried hard enough I could train it to do stuff for me. I remember once when I was about 5 I was sitting at the dinner table eating snack and I accidentally dropped a bag of chips and my shadow happened to be over them, so I moved my arm so that my shadow’s hand was over it and I started to grab at the air with my hand to try and make my shadow grab them and hand them to me. Eventually my mom noticed and picked them up for me and I got depressed for the rest of the evening because I thought my shadow didn’t like me.

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
In 4th grade, my class was reading the book "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", and we got to the part where it said the people on the boat were whizzing through the chocolate river. For some reason 10 year old me thought everyone on the boat was taking a piss in the chocolate river. Needless to say, my teacher almost blew a blood vessel, thats how pissed off she got.

Big Nasty

ASSHOLE
kiwifarms.net
Also I thought evolution worked like pokemon: linear progress to better forms.
I remember reading a magazine opinion piece by some idiot journalist about how Pokemon should be promoted in schools because it would lead to student developing greater understanding and appreciation of evolution.

Btw, when my local newspaper first wrote about Pokemon, they called it "Poker Moon".

Tags
None