• ”sounds like a harmless supplier of your grocery store produce section”

Science 'Suicide machine' unveiled by euthanasia advocate

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by Mr. Poker in the Front Liquor in the Rear, Apr 16, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

1. https://www.cnet.com/news/suicide-machine-unveiled-by-euthanasia-advocate-nitschke-sarco/

"Did you know there's such a thing as a funeral fair? Well, there is, and an unsettling device had its unveiling at one in Amsterdam last week.

Dubbed a "suicide machine" by its Australian creator Philip Nitschke, the "Sarco" is a 3D-printed machine that Nitschke hopes will change the way we die. As you can see above, the Sarco is a human-sized pod which rests on a stand. In that stand sits a canister of nitrogen, which releases into the pod at the press of a button.

"The person who wants to die presses the button and the capsule is filled with nitrogen. He or she will feel a bit dizzy but will then rapidly lose consciousness and die," he told Agence France-Presse.

Nitschk describes himself as an activist for "voluntary euthanasia and rational suicide," calling them both human rights. He brought a VR experience to last week's funeral fair in Amsterdam to demonstrate the service.

"I believe [choosing when to die is] a fundamental human right. It's not just some medical privilege for the very sick. If you've got the precious gift of life, you should be able to give that gift away at the time of your choosing," he told AFP."

[​IMG]

I think it’s a good idea for people who are ready and wanting to die, such as the terminally ill who can’t be cured and are in terrible pain. I think it’s ethical to give people a quick, clean, and hopefully painless option to end it all.
    If people really want to kill themselves, they will. This is a better and more peaceful way to do it than shooting themselves, hanging, jumping off a bridge, driving off a cliff, and etc.

• Islamic Content  x 6
    • Informative  x 3
    • Like  x 2
    • Agree  x 2
    •  x 2
    • Feels  x 2
    • DRINK  x 2
    • Winner  x 1
    • Horrifying  x 1
  2. Inb4 the state uses "rational suicides" to cover up political killings.

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Tranhuviya

Tranhuviya Being Tracked by NORAD

kiwifarms.net
  3. [​IMG]

What could go wrong?

• Winner Winner x 38
    • DRINK DRINK x 2
    frozenrunner

frozenrunner I could really use the salt

kiwifarms.net
  4. The future looks bright.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    Triggered Fivehead

Triggered Fivehead "Violet Hargrave"

kiwifarms.net
  5. Nothing really. The body cannot distinguish between nitrogen and oxygen so you basically pass out and die within a few seconds. Especially if it floods it. You couldn't feel a thing.

Honestly it is the surest, easiest way to go.

• Feels Feels x 19
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. So not only can I kill meself by I can do it in style? At the same time?
    Sign me up, instantly.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Burgers in the ass

Burgers in the ass I have 10 of them in my ass pls help

kiwifarms.net
  7. This is perfect, where can I buy one?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Venus

Venus Local trap

kiwifarms.net
  8. Weirdly enough Ive had the same fucking idea before. Hell yeah!

To be honest if someone's gonna kill themselves, I mean this sort of thing. It prevents suicide by cop or like putting your head down on the train tracks or like forcing someone else to clean up the mess. Like if it had like a "disposal chamber" as fucked up as that sounds. Then you arent like forcing anyone else to deal with it or be traumatized or whatever.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  9. The virgin australian gas chamber vs the chad hungarian fire jumping!

[​IMG]

Yes, he set himself on fire before jumping off the bridge.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8bd_1274631007

I do think he was at least drunk though to sit for like a minute there, his back flaming. Possibly high too, still.... the metalest suicide ever.

http://www.langlovagok.hu/html/galeria/4541_2.shtml

"The middle aged man sat atop of the turul falcon and was unwilling to get into the fireman liftbasket with the firemen. Suddenly he sprayed himself with deodorant and his clothes caught on fire. He burned for one and a half minutes, and then threw himself into the deep. He hit the pavement and lost his life immediately."

Pictures including bloodstains on a hungarian fireman web page. Not for the faint of mind.

https://index.hu/bulvar/2010/05/24/nem_probaltak_eloltani_a_szabadsag_hidon_langolo_ferfit/

As for why the fireman did not use the fire hose, those things are very high pressure. It would have propably threw him off the bridge with the force of the water jet. Plus they didn't expect him to spray himself with deodorant and lit him, so they didn't even had the hose up there. But according to a fireman named Tibor DOBSON of all things, the hose would have sent him plummeting to his death without a doubt so it was never an option.

It happened eight years ago, but it made national news.

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    #9 Male Idiot, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Male Idiot

Male Idiot Redneck Cephalopod.

kiwifarms.net
  10. Honestly, those who are sick with debilitating mental health issues. Or those who are terminal. This would be a quick and painless way to do it... And honestly I wholeheartedly agree with the idea itself. But I can't help think of the burden it brings on the family after, "Yes, your son/daughter, used the "chamber" at X time." But I feel this will be incorporated into society in the next twenty years as a norm. Something we'll see not down the streets but in doctor's offices with kind caring before the deed is done.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Star Galactics

Star Galactics Everyone's favorite Schizo.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. This thing sounds killer and I'm dying to use it if it's the last thing I do.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  12. Futurama was right again.

• Feels Feels x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Caddchef

Caddchef Grade - F Destruction

kiwifarms.net
  13. Red and light blue? Ew. I wouldn’t be caught dead in one of those things.

• Winner  x 10
    • Like  x 3
    • Informative  x 2
    •  x 1
    • Feels  x 1
    Testaclese Maximus

Testaclese Maximus has a full line of candy canes
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. This should only be authorized for use by terminal patients in my opnion, people with sadbrains and such should be treated rather than facilitated suicide.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  15. My god, tumblr is gonna go out of business with this machine.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    ThePurpleProse

ThePurpleProse Average Joe

kiwifarms.net
  16. People, especially the sick elderly, have been resorting to the painless "helium hood". There are websites that even sell everything you need to complete it. It uses a helium tank, plastic hose to feed the helium, and a plastic bag thick and sturdy enough to place over the head to keep the helium from escaping. It cant be detected in an autopsy or toxicology, so if they can get someone to clean up after them no one will ever know it was a suicide. This is the same thing only it uses a capsule that won't have any leaks. O2 can not get inside the hood/chamber or you will survive. Many people have botched the helium hood and have written about their experiences online. The entire concept is pretty interesting to read about.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inert_gas_asphyxiation

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Feels Feels x 1
    #16 Nikachu, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  17. I hope they give live demonstrations.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Coldgrip

Coldgrip You! Not you, the guy behind you. You're next.

kiwifarms.net
  18. Dr Kevorkian made a less fashionable suicide machine. He got acquitted every time he was put on trial until the last time, the difference was in the first cases the patient was able to start the machine themselves and in the last case Kevorkian did it because the patient could not.

• Informative Informative x 1
    sperginity

sperginity crescent fresh
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. Good.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    The Great Chandler

The Great Chandler "Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"

kiwifarms.net
  20. This. I don't consider suicide to a be a rational decision when it is influenced by mental issues. Of the people I know who have committed suicide, there was only one person whom I felt was truly justified (he had terminal brain cancer). All the other people had families and lucrative careers, never talked to anybody about their mental health issues, and left their loved ones with the burden of their death.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Thelostcup

Thelostcup fnord

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.