Super Best Friends Break Up - Well this sucks.

ZombiU&Me

REEEjected abortion mascot
kiwifarms.net
Aaaand Matt’s the first to break out the Patreon
This gives me the exact same satisfaction that Pat had when Radical Heights killed Boss Key Productions, I can't lie. I JUST saw this before here and holy crap I am howling like a Woolie.
Edit: Even Liam doesn't have one as far as I can see.

• Agree
Reactions: BuckBumble

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Aaaand Matt’s the first to break out the Patreon
Honestly, I don’t have a problem with people using Patreon as long as they stick to their goals. The breakup of the channel probably heavily impacted their finances, and YouTube has made it all but impossible to make good money there these days. So I hope Matt handles this the right way.

Incidentally, Matt got mentioned on the podcast recently when they were talking about an old bit, and nothing got awkward or anything. Lends more evidence to the theory that Matt was the one to end things.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I don’t have a problem with people using Patreon as long as they stick to their goals. The breakup of the channel probably heavily impacted their finances, and YouTube has made it all but impossible to make good money there these days. So I hope Matt handles this the right way.

Incidentally, Matt got mentioned on the podcast recently when they were talking about an old bit, and nothing got awkward or anything. Lends more evidence to the theory that Matt was the one to end things.
I don't have an issue with Patreon in particular, but I don't think he's going to find a ton of success with mediocre content he's been giving away for a few months (for Cereal Reviews, Wha Happun?, Talking about VG character clothes, etc) or a few years (Let's Plays, but this time without Woolie or Pat).

He also has more expensive tiers than DSP. Even DSP had enough sense to think "are people really going to give more than $50 a month?"

EDIT - What the fuck is this guy thinking?

If we reach our first goal of VIPs, then I can hire a few more helping hands to get even content out to you guys! I have lots more video ideas in various states of completion and production, so anything you can afford to pass onto us will really help us out and speed up the process!
The first goal is 1000 patrons at a $2 dollar minimum. He'd like to start at $2,000 a month and hire people again? Jesus Christ, Matt, do you really need an editor for a cereal review channel?

Last edited:

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't have an issue with Patreon in particular, but I don't think he's going to find a ton of success with mediocre content he's been giving away for a few months (for Cereal Reviews, Wha Happun?, Talking about VG character clothes, etc) or a few years (Let's Plays, but this time without Woolie or Pat).

He also has more expensive tiers than DSP. Even DSP had enough sense to think "are people really going to give more than $50 a month?"

EDIT - What the fuck is this guy thinking?

The first goal is 1000 patrons at a $2 dollar minimum. He'd like to start at $2,000 a month and hire people again? Jesus Christ, Matt, do you really need an editor for a cereal review channel?
Guess the editors sided with Pat and Woolie too...

BubbleButt

Rolling Heart Vibration.
kiwifarms.net
I honestly am starting to think that Matt will eventually become a lolcow and get his own thread here. That would be sad to see. It would need it's own wha happun.
I'm actually curious what artists still do stuff for him.
Looks like it's mostly StarPyrate, from what I can tell.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
I honestly am starting to think that Matt will eventually become a lolcow and get his own thread here. That would be sad to see. It would need it's own wha happun.
I'm actually curious what artists still do stuff for him.
I'd love to say you're wrong, but with how insane his Patreon is I can't disagree.

It feels like a big first step on his road to becoming "Canadian DSP". I can see him having those same pity/poverty streams within a year.

"We didn't hit the funding goals for the Street Fighter 6 costume critique, sorry dudes but I need that money for my business!".

ZombiU&Me

REEEjected abortion mascot
kiwifarms.net
I still would not be surprised if this entire breakup was sparked over Matt and his cunt wife taking politics too seriously while the others don't. That time she butt into a convo where Pat was just offering to give Liam a good beginners guide to Warframe because Soyboy Superstar showed interest.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
I still would not be surprised if this entire breakup was sparked over Matt and his cunt wife taking politics too seriously while the others don't. That time she butt into a convo where Pat was just offering to give Liam a good beginners guide to Warframe because Soyboy Superstar showed interest.
That's probably part of it, but I think Matt has specific interests that he was never able to grow on the channel and seemed to (near the end) come from a very different place than Pat/Woolie.

Matt, specifically, seems to like Art Critiques (Box Art on the SBFP channel, Costumes on his own channel), obscure and old Wii games, and horror games - where as Pat/Woolie (and to some extent, Liam) are mostly into new games. I know that Pat/Woolie/Liam would go back and play a "retro" game (Resident Evil 2, Fighting Games, and Nier for example) but usually that's because they like those games specifically, instead of just playing old games for the fuck of it. Matt's love for horror games was a boon to the channel for a while (many people cite the "Shitstorm of Scariness" as a channel highlight) but eventually they ran out horror games to play, until the point where they were playing the most barebones shovelware to try and fill the schedule.

I also think that Matt wanted to be more than "just" a LP'er and wants to lean towards more of a "freelance video game journalist/reviewer" similar to Jim Sterling and/or Ben Crowshaw. Some of his new content leans that way ("Wha Happen" for example) but I don't think he's going to find success there because he's coming into it too late. He's too late from the youtube angle as people have him beat by literal years and he's too late from a professional angle because he hasn't done QA work/worked for a developer in nearly a decade.

I think Woolie and Pat stuck together not because they liked each other best (who knows who likes who), but because they shared a vision of the future that's very similar. I got the impression that Woolie and Pat both prefer to have their LP/Stream setups in their own living room and it was Matt pushing for the office/full time staff setup that Game Grumps has. Woolie/Pat were OK being "just" streamers but Matt seemed to want to create something larger, similar to Giantbomb.

Corypheus

Totally not evil
kiwifarms.net
Maybe they started shit with Peach. She’s probably on thin ice with these goons because she associates with Dick Masterson. Does Maddox have weird synchophants in Canada like he does to in LA? Her and Pat certainly have better screen chemistry than Matt and.... pretty much everyone.

2odastream

r/Drama queen
kiwifarms.net
Here we go boys. Going to have to wait a few days so I can play through it myself but I'm looking forward to watching Chewie and Fuckface with special guest Redbull
View attachment 687793
Jesus I thought that was Count Dankula
Link?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino