• ”Christian is a cool guy and a great friend, and he needs your support and guidance. Don't abandon him.”

Super DSP WorldWorld 1: Gated Community Island

Discussion in 'Phil Burnell / DarkSydePhil' started by Son of Big Boss, Nov 10, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over DSP. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • Limit discussion of body parts and functions. DSP is gross. Discussing his gout in detail is unnecessary and disturbing.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.
  • Write descriptive topic titles. "[14-Sep-2015] Livestreaming Sonic 2006" is better than "new update".

no one can help you

1. 20181110_184907.jpg

Super DSP World was a project i worked on three years ago.

It's a ROMHACK of Super Mario World for the SNES, which i created as a fun time waster a few years ago.

How to play it? Any SNES emulator will do. It even works with SNES emulators on phones, although playing this with a touch Dpad is a fucking nightmare.

The game contains levels inspired by DSP memes, and is chock full of quotes, memes and characters from DSP's 2015 lore (back when Pandalee was still together with Phil, and Project 7 was supposed to be rebooted).

Most of the levels in the game are completely original, with level design that will remind you of DSPisms, like Beginner Traps, Bugged Mechanics and Bullshit.
    Some of the later levels also feature original SMW level design, remixed to be more challenging/bullshit.

The level design, while designed to be challenging/difficult/bullshit, is also completely fair. In fact, you can complete the game with no save states at all. Although i recommend using save states for a first playthrough, otherwise you might rage like DSP.

The game graphics have been edited so you play the game as DSP (guest starring ReviewTechUSA as player 2), facing off against some of his most popular detractors. The in-game text contains references to events from 2015, with all the DSP lore of that time.

It has been playtested numerous times, and should be relatively bug free.

The game was played by quite a few in the detractor community, but, never got much exposure on YouTube. I think a few years ago someone made a longplay of it but then that channel got nuked so now it's gone.

If you like Super Mario World, give it a try. Even if you don't care about DSP lore, i've been told the game is a fun platformer.

PS: Unfortunately the game was released before the fappening, so no references to that. Don't expect to see any stuff about Kat either.

EDIT: I have since started a screenshot LP of the game.

Update List:
    Part 1

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    #1 Son of Big Boss, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018 at 5:08 PM
    Son of Big Boss

Son of Big Boss My Cock is Bugged, Look!

kiwifarms.net
  2. Every game's a Kaizo when you're DSP.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Feels Feels x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  3. @Jaimas should take a break from using cow games to break his mind and instead use this game as his 1st venture into cow-homage games.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    neural

neural rambunscious boy
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. Sounds awesome. I'd really love to play your game, but unfortunately it didn't make my Pateron goal for this month.

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  5. If Phil had any sense of humor, he would play this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Son of Big Boss

kiwifarms.net
  6. I've been doing Super Mario World modding for over ten years.

And this is the greatest thing I've seen come out of it.

GG OP

I'd totally help you rewrite some of the levels so it's a bit more current.

#6 FatFuckFrank, Nov 11, 2018 at 4:31 AM
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 4:52 AM
    FatFuckFrank

FatFuckFrank Is This Crescent Fresh?

kiwifarms.net
  7. I recall romhacks being a huge scene, especially for SMW. This looks nice

kiwifarms.net
  8. We could totally go back and edit this one, if we wanted.
    However, i'd rather leave this game untouched. Just cuz of nostalgia.
    If anything, if i could improve my hacking skills and get a better PC, i'd rather make a sequel to cover the new, 2018 DSP lore.

A "Super DSP World 2" with improvements like edited maps, custom blocks and custom cutscenes? Sign me up.

The development of this game was... troubled.

I had to run Windows and Lunar Magic on Wine on my MAC, resulting in terrible framerate and each edit taking much longer than it needed.

Also i'm terrible at editing maps and adding custom graphics/blocks so i'd need some help for the sequel.

As a sidenote, would love to see someone with funny commentary actually LP Super DSP World.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Son of Big Boss

kiwifarms.net
  9. Custom graphics is my speciality

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    FatFuckFrank

kiwifarms.net
  10. I guess we can do this after all.
    PM me if interested.

• Like Like x 1
    Son of Big Boss

kiwifarms.net
  11. Someone please contact DSP's best friend forever Pewdiepie.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    BSV

BSV Vidar Viking Elvi
    Verified True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. Itd be awesome if you could put this on the SNES and Dreamcast, and sell it, Sending Dave into a rage.

kiwifarms.net
  13. If you make a sequel, edit Yoshi to look like Kat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    CausticMinory

CausticMinory Come make my Coco, Jumbo bb

kiwifarms.net
  14. I did not get past level 1. But I have to say it was a perfect DSP simulator as well. Because it dropped my inputs and there was a input lag. I am not sure if that was my setup for playing it, or a game feature though. Deliberate or not I don't think I have felt more like phil playing a video game. I am utterly terrible at mario games so with the added "Philter" I just gave up. I hope someone makes a playthrough.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    BSV

BSV Vidar Viking Elvi
    Verified True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. I suggest completing the level "Beginner Traps" first.
    There's a P Switch at the end of the Beginner Traps level that will prevent you from dying at the goalpost.
    Once you complete Beginner Traps, use the Yellow Patreon Switch to make the second level Bugged Jumps MUCH easier.
    For the second level Bugged Jumps, abuse savestates.

Also i'm pretty sure someone with access to SNES reproduction cartridges could easily put this game on a real SNES.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Son of Big Boss

kiwifarms.net
  16. I did something better.
    In this game, all the Yoshi's are DSP paypigs.

Did you know? If you dismount Yoshi while jumping, you can perform a super high jump that will save your ass if you're about to fall to your death.
    Some of the levels in the game require this advanced tech to complete.

So this is a perfect visual representation of Phil throwing his subscribers under the bus, as soon as he doesn't need them anymore and he needs to save his ass.

Pretty sure the input lag is on your end, buddy.
    This wouldn't have happened if you played this on a 3k lemon.

EDIT: FINALLY FOUND IT.

This episode of the SOkast contains footage of Super DSP World.
    This footage will show you how to complete the first two worlds of the game like a pro.
    If you're struggling, check this as a walkthrough.

The footage begins at around the 4:40 minutes mark.

• Like Like x 2
    #16 Son of Big Boss, Nov 12, 2018 at 1:17 AM
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 1:28 AM
    Son of Big Boss

kiwifarms.net
  17. I wish I could help. I've seen a million Kaizo hacks played, but unfortunately I'm without the technical abilities :/

I could throw some idea your way, though :biggrin:

The player can choose between the red Italian Man or the less popular green Polish Man. It literally makes no difference as they're the same thing.

After every castle, the text declares that Phil has succeeded in vanquishing evil and saving the world. And then the game continues. Cuz for Phil, all his problems can only come from a single source: SOK, Twitch, Youtube, Machinima, Leanna, Tevin, etc.

The end-game boss could be Phil himself, the side that keeps him from realizing his deepest desire. The Bowzer-Phil's Clown Car can have the debonair face that Phil believes he has, as that's the giant mechanism Real Phil rides around in to smash others with.

The Fire Flower can remain as it is, since everything Phil comes across is merely a means for more coins :lol:

After defeating his dark other half, Italian Man/Mario-Phil stands alone in the clouds, isolated from every distraction, at last free to remain forever in his psychosis (this may be too down of an ending for a Mario game, so maybe have some really chipper music playing ;) ).

• Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  18. It's been a few years since I did shit in lunar magic though, but if you needed some help with a sequel, I could help with parts of it.

• Like Like x 1
    FatFuckFrank

kiwifarms.net
  19. The plot of this first iteration of Super DSP World is this:

The detractors kidnapped Pandalee, help DSP by controlling him to victory in eight bullshit worlds. The level design was worked on by Kojima to troll Phil, while all the fortress levels are controlled by known DSP detractors, like the "LOOK AT MY SKELETONS GUY", FredFuchs, Tevin, EvilAJ and so on.
    Each fortress defeated destroys one of Phil major detractors.
    The final boss is a combination of all of Phil detractors known as Deathface, named after his Project 7 villain.
    There's also a secret stage in this game. Phil's Psyche. Which pretty much does what you said.

If i make a sequel, i'd like to make Tevin the main villain of Super DSP World 2.

• Like Like x 3
    Son of Big Boss

kiwifarms.net
  20. Seriously? :stress:

I played through to the second switch palace without checking any walkthroughs, and my compromise has been to use savestates only on the world map. Losing all your progress if you don't complete world 1 in one go is a bit harsh during the beginning of the game. After that it gets a bit more forgiving and presumably once you unlock the ghost house you can save anytime you like.
    I'm having fun overall but there doesn't seem to be that much DSP-specific content yet besides the level names.
    Is the music from the first molten salt level (lol) original or borrowed from somewhere?

Also: I laughed at the coin room that spells out "PATREON" :lol:

• Like Like x 1
    Kosher Dill

Kosher Dill Potato Chips
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.