Super Smash Bros. Community -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Book Thievery

Literature Liberator
kiwifarms.net
I honestly don't understand how someone can't be so fucking asshurt over Nintendo releasing another Nintendo character into their roster. Is Byleth a character I would've wanted to see? No, but I can understand why Nintendo made that decision from a business and marketing perspective. Plus, it can be really expensive to license third-party characters, so this saves Nintendo money in the long-run. It really just goes to show just how immature and entitled the Smash community has gotten.

Personally, I'd love to see Reimu in Smash (incase you couldn't tell by my avatar, lol). I think she'd be a great fit for the series' theme of celebrating video game history. The Touhou series is practically a cornerstone of the Japanese indie scene, but it also has something that other flavor-of-the-month indies like Shovel Knight and Undertale don't have: Legacy. The Drunken Bastard has been toiling away at his pixellated waifu simulators for about 25 years now, and it's still going strong. Would I be elated to see Touhou represented in Smash? Absolutely. Am I going to shit my pants in a fit of rage if she doesn't get in? Hell no, because I realize that the odds of her actually getting in are packed deeply inside a snowball rolling through the fires of hell.

Geno and Ashley have even less chances getting a full character than her. Why can't the people screaming for those characters realize that and move on already?

Then could you please direct me to the Smash Bros thread? I admittedly got a bit lost and I thought this was the thread for discussing smash.

My apologies.
Check the Games forum in the Off-Topic section.

Wonathan Joss

kiwifarms.net
1579535478210.png

They haven't gotten over the meme character...

He then follows up with this exceptional take
1579536216219.png

Also here's some Smash hypocrisy:
>"Fire Emblem is over-represented, how could they add another character to the roster?"
>Mario has 13 characters, including echoes and not including all the koopalings
>"They need to add Waluigi to the roster!"

Markorian

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1106316

View attachment 1106334

>"Fire Emblem is over-represented, how could they add another character to the roster?"
I guarantee you, if fucking Waluigi got in, this shitweasel would play 2 matches with him at max, upvote some exceptional individual on reddit, and never touch him again.
Also
Number of titles selling 3+ million that Byleth has starred in: 1
Number of titles Waluigi has starred in at all: 0

Changeofheart

Just let me sleep, you asshole.
kiwifarms.net
We all laughing at the smash spergs for throwing a fit over a single character out of 11 DLCs, but the Byleth/FE fanboys coming out with shit such as "Fire Emblem characters are just as iconic as Mario or Pikachu" are equally spergy. Not to mention how they react when you call the characters "anime sameface".

EOthDRbVUAAo0g_.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

Markorian

kiwifarms.net
We all laughing at the smash spergs for throwing a fit over a single character out of 11 DLCs, but the Byleth/FE fanboys coming out with shit such as "Fire Emblem characters are just as iconic as Mario or Pikachu" are equally spergy. Not to mention how they react when you call the characters "anime sameface".

View attachment 1106849
I haven't been seeing any of this supposed sperging from FE fans, and I spend a lot more time in those circles than smash circles. The closest I've seen is Fire Emblem fans being smug because smash fans have spent the past seven months seeking out every single trailer and social media post nintendo puts out for 3 houses, downvoting it, sperging in the comments, and saying how they "totally don't care", which is why they go out of their way to sperg of course. Keep in mind, this is MONTHS before Byleth was announced.

who dare wins?

doee Geneva convention apply to weebs an furfags?
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1106849
SO calling their characters the equivalent of slanty eyes makes them go fucking ballistic. My sides

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
I haven't been seeing any of this supposed sperging from FE fans, and I spend a lot more time in those circles than smash circles. The closest I've seen is Fire Emblem fans being smug because smash fans have spent the past seven months seeking out every single trailer and social media post nintendo puts out for 3 houses, downvoting it, sperging in the comments, and saying how they "totally don't care", which is why they go out of their way to sperg of course. Keep in mind, this is MONTHS before Byleth was announced.
"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

NARPASSWORD

The furry shemale with the Star Fox avatars
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1106316

View attachment 1106334

The biggest crime the Waluigi meme autists have committed is wanting Waluigi over this lad
1907632-new_super_mario_bros._wii_toad.png

Not even shitposting, at this point.

HIVidaBoheme

Intersectional basic bitch
kiwifarms.net
How would the smash babys react if we got a fatal frame rep? (Which is a nintendo ip btw)
With autistic "hot takes" about their generic loli waifu, gunner puppet, keyblade user, cereal mascot etc not making it in, or autistic memes like "hoes mad" and "literally who" while a subset of the community is happy about it, not much room to wonder about it now.

_01

01101001 01000001 01101101 00110000 00110001
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1109163

Hoes must be REALLY mad about a video game character when they can look at Tweet like this and say with confidence, “Ya this looks fine.”
The guy's just a troll. A very successful one, though.

1579666999206.png

(archive)

1579667063233.png 1579667059384.png 1579667052704.png 1579667151124.png

The Smash community's still at fault for feeding such obvious trolling, though.

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
kiwifarms.net
I wished I read this thread earlier. As someone who loved SMRPG when it came out, allow me to say that Genofags are fucking weird.
someonehasissues.PNG

As for Sora in Smash, I don't know if it's been addressed before but I'm sure it's out of the question. I heard Nomura wanted to add him in Dissidia but Disney didn't like the idea of Sora in a fighting game.

_01

01101001 01000001 01101101 00110000 00110001
kiwifarms.net
Resident Smash whiner NyxTheShield, who was making a Project M version of Ultimate, got a cease and desist order from Nintendo. Also he tries to astroturf by calling the mod "educational" (whatever that's supposed to mean) and saying he never intended to release it (a blatant lie given that he's had multiple tweets hyping people up for the release of the mod).

1579750916465.png

Naturally, the level of crying is off the charts, even if it fails to rival the Byleth announcement.

1579750973048.png 1579751003418.png

However, a NyxTheShield update isn't complete with him whining about Smash in general, and not just Ultimate. He seems to hate every Smash game despite being a self-proclaimed fan. For instance, this first one which is him responding incredulously to Ultimate winning "best fighting game" at the VGAs.

1579751365712.png 1579751171016.png 1579751155117.png 1579751124178.png 1579751283356.png 1579751317131.png 1579751423466.png

And some off-topic whining for good measure.

1579751257092.png 1579751490935.png 1579751511752.png 1579751542684.png 1579751582317.png

Last edited:

Medafag

My previous avatar was too lewd
kiwifarms.net
If you want Ashley in the game, remember this, because there's still hope. Ashley is a small side-character in a game composed entirely of minigame collections who not only doesn't interact with the main cast in any meaningful way, it's an intentional design choice that she literally has no personality and next to no dialogue. With that in mind, maybe I misspoke because that gives her practically a 0% chance of getting picked and an even lesser chance of people taking you seriously.
There is a reason why many people believe that most Ashleyfags never played a single Wario Ware in their lives, same could be said about Shantaefags as well

• Agree
Reactions: Agent Wet