Super Smash Bros. Community -

BlueSylveon

Oh fuck what now...
kiwifarms.net
I always like how these smash bros lolcows seem to think the series is a celebration of all things gaming, as opposed to what it actually is; a crossover party fighting game starring Nintendo's all-stars. And despite what Nintendo says otherwise, it has remained that way, just with the addition of third party guest fighters.

Hell, even most of those third party fighters have some kind of connection with Nintendo in some way. The only kind of exception to that nowadays is Joker, but even then, he has a couple of games on the 3DS and Switch.
Smash itself it just a fighting game that's just different from the others. I am not a fan, But holy shit the community, when it comes up in my twitter feed, is hot garbage. I see the appeal but it is what it is, A fighting game that swaps damage from health with a Nintendo cast and a bunch of 3rd party characters, stages and music. its laughable how easy smash fans will be fooled and can cause a fuck fest on Twitter. I've given up on wanting to buy smash now because it is not intresting, the community is to blame.

I find it hilarious how like none of them know how Nintendo switch online works and the amount of legal copyright shit Sakurai and Nintendo have to go through. They just whine, and melee exiting I feel is a root of the problem since every damn smash game has to have the same everything to melee.

The smash and pokemon community have got to be the laughable communities in the Whole Nintendo scope.

Time to bump this thread with actual content, because Ubisoft may have inadvertently leaked Rayman for Fighters Pass 2, as seen by this tweet
View attachment 1306565
Keep in mind that Ubisoft could have potentially changed this due to non-disclosure agreement.
View attachment 1306568View attachment 1306569
But regardless of whether or not this is even the case, expect a shit ton of salt from Smash Spergs over the potential (lack of) reveal
most likely updating the bot because it was outdate? They have to finish work on the arms fighter first though, and will be slowed down thanks to the virus

Last edited:

MightyBiteySnake

DEPRESSED SNAKE DEPRESSED SNAKE
kiwifarms.net
Smash itself it just a fighting game that's just different from the others.
I would argue that it is a fighting game, and the very community that champions it as one doesn't want it to have fighting game mechanics. Everytime a character gets a powerful and consistent combo smash twitter rails against it until people are either too shamed to post it anymore or it gets nerfed out.

I don't really get it. I'd love to see Melee/PM/Ultimate Turbo style combos in the game, especially since Ryu Ken and Terry are allowed to have them "because they're from fighting games"

Wonathan Joss

kiwifarms.net
Time to bump this thread with actual content, because Ubisoft may have inadvertently leaked Rayman for Fighters Pass 2, as seen by this tweet
View attachment 1306565
Keep in mind that Ubisoft could have potentially changed this due to non-disclosure agreement.
View attachment 1306568View attachment 1306569
But regardless of whether or not this is even the case, expect a shit ton of salt from Smash Spergs over the potential (lack of) reveal
I can see the live reactions now.
Aaronitmar: "Oh man! They're gonna do it! They're announce Rayman right after this Arms character, just like the leaks suggested!!"
*Smash direct ends*
Aaronitmar: "WOT R U TELLIN ME THIS SMASH BROS LEAK WAS WRONG???? FUUUUUUCK U SAKURAI I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS"

_01

01101001 01000001 01101101 00110000 00110001
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The New character is Min-Min, as of yet there is no salt. There probably will be due to the lack of another reveal trailer and Vault Boy as an amiibo
Who knew ramen could be so salty?

Sangria

I keep screaming but God doesn't hear me
kiwifarms.net
The New character is Min-Min, as of yet there is no salt. There probably will be due to the lack of another reveal trailer and Vault Boy as an amiibo
I think the reason why people are so receptive to Min-Min is because of how much of a breath of fresh air she is. With the exception of Banjo, all of Fighter Pass 1 was comprised of realistically-proportioned humans, and two of them were anime swordsmen. People were disappointed and wanted more out-there characters. With her unorthodox playstyle stemming from her noodle arms and her overall cartoonish design, Min-Min fit the bill perfectly. It also helps that A.) she wasn't most peoples' first pick for the ARMs representative (I saw a lot of predictions for Ribbon Girl), B.) she's a cute girl, and as of this writing the only female Fighter Pass character, and C.) Nintendo stated that no other fighters would be revealed during the presentation, which encouraged people to temper their expectations.

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
I think the reason why people are so receptive to Min-Min is because of how much of a breath of fresh air she is. With the exception of Banjo, all of Fighter Pass 1 was comprised of realistically-proportioned humans, and two of them were anime swordsmen. People were disappointed and wanted more out-there characters. With her unorthodox playstyle stemming from her noodle arms and her overall cartoonish design, Min-Min fit the bill perfectly. It also helps that A.) she wasn't most peoples' first pick for the ARMs representative (I saw a lot of predictions for Ribbon Girl), B.) she's a cute girl, and as of this writing the only female Fighter Pass character, and C.) Nintendo stated that no other fighters would be revealed during the presentation, which encouraged people to temper their expectations.
Is it conspiratorial to think that they picked Min Min out of all the Arms characters to try to appeal to the Chinese market?

Is anyone saying that?

Sangria

I keep screaming but God doesn't hear me
kiwifarms.net
Is this theory justifying salt or something?
I don't think Tencent owns Nintendo so that's unlikely
I'm guessing it's because Nintendo seems to be making a push into the Chinese market, selling the Switch there with the help of Tencent and the creation of Pokemon Unity, a MOBA made by Tencent that seems to be aiming towards the Chinese (though apparently even they don't like it very much...).

_01

01101001 01000001 01101101 00110000 00110001
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It was either Minmin or Twintelle. And Twintelle doesn't actually use her arms to fight, she uses her hair. So Minmin was the better choice. Her aesthetic is also better than Twintelle's.

But never fear, there is in fact salt! Here is a brief summary courtesy of a terrible Mario cosplayer.
That's true in terms of representation, Minmin is a better example of the series because she actually uses her arms, but as Sakurai said, Minmin won the popularity poll and was specifically requested by the series's director.

Too Many Catgirls

are trained to kill
kiwifarms.net
That's true in terms of representation, Minmin is a better example of the series because she actually uses her arms, but as Sakurai said, Minmin won the popularity poll and was specifically requested by the series's director.
Minmin is also the most developed character in ARMS. Her character design, her level, and her overall lore show more time and consideration than many of the other characters in the game. She was also front and center during a lot of the lead-up to the game's release, with Spring Man coming in close second. I'm sure Kosuke Yabuki also considered many of the same things we have; which is that if you're going to represent your game, you want to pick a character that actually represents your game and isn't a pretender (like Twintelle). Her special also translates a lot better into Smash than most others.

Jiji420

kiwifarms.net
Oh so there is a Smash thread. Noone going to talk about the SleepyK pedoshit?
Original tweet: https://twitter.com/magyo_gt/status/1277403277781610497 which links to this twitlonger https://t.co/Gsgf2oQHGW?amp=1 (https://pastebin.com/i4Kq57Xn)
Constantly asked this trans 14 y/o for nudes and even drove 6 hours to watch a movie with them. Eventually lead to him "asking" her for sex at Super Famicom 2017
- he would buy me food, clothes, games, and other things here and there. one time he drove to my house (from georgia to north carolina) just to see a movie and have lunch with me.
- some nights after drinking when his sober thoughts became drunk words he would ask for explicit pictures of me. earlier on in our relationship i'd send him platonic, non-suggestive pictures of myself specifically for him to compliment me and praise me, but that practice went sour very quickly. it became routine for him to ask for explicit pictures late at night.
- a few weeks before super famicon, he asked to have sex with me.
- in my room he proceeded to touch my thighs and lay his face on them. i wanted him to stop, but i didnt say anything. i was frozen and too scared to move. that's when a friend of mine, who i was sharing the hotel with, walked in.
Before he nuked his account he also confessed
sleepyk confession.png

Georgia Melee player and commentator. Made an extensive guide for Melee before he transitioned.

Shaka Brah

Escape from Ass Blast USA
kiwifarms.net
Oh so there is a Smash thread. Noone going to talk about the SleepyK pedoshit?
Original tweet: https://twitter.com/magyo_gt/status/1277403277781610497 which links to this twitlonger https://t.co/Gsgf2oQHGW?amp=1 (https://pastebin.com/i4Kq57Xn)
Constantly asked this trans 14 y/o for nudes and even drove 6 hours to watch a movie with them. Eventually lead to him "asking" her for sex at Super Famicom 2017

Before he nuked his account he also confessed
View attachment 1416256
Georgia Melee player and commentator. Made an extensive guide for Melee before he transitioned.
Trannies are a fucking blight.