Super Smash Bros. -

Archeops

Telling troons to GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY FOREST!
kiwifarms.net
Sora can't make it in for the same reasons as Geno, and in addition to, also being partially owned by Disney.
Hate to powerlevel here but the copyright to ALL of KH's characters, Sora included, is wholly owned by Disney (remember that Disney made a KH game for V-CAST phones back in 2004 without SE's input). The only reason why it appears to be partially owned is in large part due to Disney not wanting to do ANYTHING with the IP without Nomura's blessing for some weird reason.

That said, while I'd LOVE to see Sora in KH he's really ingrained into KH's Disney mythos. Removing all of that to make it work with Smash's "celebration of video games" schtick would leave Sora a bit empty and lifeless. Hell, the Kingdom Key's keychain uses the classic Mickey Mouse silhouette!

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sakarai put some emphasis on the fact that the most important aspect of a character getting into Smash is being fun to play and not their popularity. I’m hoping that means either the last wave One DLC or future one will be more niche characters.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Sakarai put some emphasis on the fact that the most important aspect of a character getting into Smash is being fun to play and not their popularity. I’m hoping that means either the last wave One DLC or future one will be more niche characters.
I hope he picks The Avatar from Ultima since that was popular in japan or Wizardry. I want totally unrelated series that don't exist in conscious of the Nintendosphere. or maybe he's just going to ease the pain that Sony characters will eventually show up in Smash? It's not like nintendo hasn't used Sony before because they do a shitload of stuff with sound mixing and other post production stuff.

I think Hatsune Miku could also be a good bet or Sakura from Sakura Wars.

The real reason why Mai isn't in Smash:
View attachment 1002889

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hope he picks The Avatar from Ultima since that was popular in japan or Wizardry. I want totally unrelated series that don't exist in conscious of the Nintendosphere. or maybe he's just going to ease the pain that Sony characters will eventually show up in Smash? It's not like nintendo hasn't used Sony before because they do a shitload of stuff with sound mixing and other post production stuff.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
Probably not happening, but I'd be cool if the Master Chief or the Arbiter from Halo show up.

Seriously, can you imagine the salt if that shit happens?

Syaoran Li

The Weeaboo Woodwright
kiwifarms.net
For once, the censorship of a female character in a skimpy outfit wasn't the doing of SJW's on Woke Twitter and ResetEra

As others have said, Mai was kept out by the suits at CERO/ESRB because of the damn E10+ rating.

Personally, I think it would've been better if Super Smash went for a Teen rating since it gives them more leeway without compromising Nintendo's squeaky-clean image they've built up over the past two decades.

As much as I'd personally like a M-rated equivalent of Super Smash, an actual installment of the SSB franchise with an M rating would not go over well with a lot of people and a T rating would be best for the series overall.

Personally, I'd love to see some more characters from M-rated franchises make an appearance in Super Smash, especially ones from the Resident Evil franchise, or maybe some of the classic MK guys like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, or Johnny Cage.

As astronomically unlikely as it would happen, I think Trevor Phillips and Vito Scaletta could be great DLC fighters. I'd even get Rick Pasqualone and Stephen Ogg to reprise their roles, and have their dialogue be full of swearing, but it's all censored with funny sound effects both for comedic effect and so they can keep their current rating.

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net
Steve would be awesome what are you talking about.
Jokes aside, I would interested to see what they would do with as a fighter.
Yeah Sakurai called CERO out on obsessing over underwear but giving zero fucks about all the guns in Smash. It's a weird double standard for sure.
It's been justified by the characters like Joker and Bayonetta using magic bullets. That why it's child friendly with out being too mature.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
Personally, I think it would've been better if Super Smash went for a Teen rating since it gives them more leeway without compromising Nintendo's squeaky-clean image they've built up over the past two decades.
It's easy to forget that Melee and Brawl were both rated T, especially since neither really deserved that rating.

Syaoran Li

The Weeaboo Woodwright
kiwifarms.net
It's easy to forget that Melee and Brawl were both rated T, especially since neither really deserved that rating.
True, although in Melee's case, it's because the E10+ rating didn't exist at the time.

Personally, I'd love to see an M-rated crossover fighting game franchise that has the whole "All-Star Crossover Cast" that Super Smash Bros. goes for, but with all the guns, violence, cursing, and fanservice you can't get with an E10+ rating.

As for the company to make it. I'd say Capcom would be a good pick, since they basically started the crossover fighting game concept, although I'd also love to see Koei give it a try.

I think the hardest part would be finding a console to host it on, given Sony's new censorship policies.

I'm not sure Nintendo would allow it on the Switch, even if it is a third-party game. It could be seen as a competitor to Super Smash.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino