Super Smash Bros. -

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
There's just something extra wrong about it when you look at the DLC spirit boards for the pass. It's like, look at all these exciting exclusive worlds that have never bared witness to Smash before! So many characters and settings you thought you'd never see in this franchise in a million years! Oh, and here's one that's been around in Smash since, 2001...

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
I can't wait to see when the inevitable Pokemon announcement comes and people just memory hole what happened with Byleth and be hype about it because fuck you that why.
Actually I have a feeling the Pokemon announcement would be more hated if it's a Gen 8 Pokemon given how much salt the Pokemon fanbase still feel about Sword and Shield.

As for Byleth, I actually did want Three Houses to be represented at some point with one of the house lords or a combo of the three like Pokemon Trainer, but this was just meh as the final DLC though Byleth at least looked fun to play. But at least there are six more characters still coming.

Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

Overcooked Raccoon

Robotnik is still the bae.
kiwifarms.net
Actually I have a feeling the Pokemon announcement would be more hated if it's a Gen 8 Pokemon given how much salt the Pokemon fanbase still feel about Sword and Shield.

As for Byleth, I actually did want Three Houses to be represented at some point with one of the house lords or a combo of the three like Pokemon Trainer, but this was just meh as the final DLC though Byleth at least looked fun to play. But at least there are six more characters still coming.
Considering Nintendo is calling the shots, I mentioned earlier 3/6 slots would be a Mario,Zelda, and Pokemon rep. Seeing how BOTW2 will be out either this-next year and SWSH is getting frequently updated it's safe to say those two will be a given. Mario I'm assuming they'll either pull a Poggers level play and give us Paper Mario or Waluigi or even Geno if they want to get their cocks sucked. I'm personally in the Paper Mario camp so i'd love to see that be a thing.

That was my idea for it too, have them act like their own split characters but they could also have weapon durability so that you would have to swap them around. I think that would have made more people happy then just Byleth but I know that they wanted to play it safe which is why they were picked.

• Optimistic

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Considering Nintendo is calling the shots, I mentioned earlier 3/6 slots would be a Mario,Zelda, and Pokemon rep. Seeing how BOTW2 will be out either this-next year and SWSH is getting frequently updated it's safe to say those two will be a given. Mario I'm assuming they'll either pull a Poggers level play and give us Paper Mario or Waluigi or even Geno if they want to get their cocks sucked. I'm personally in the Paper Mario camp so i'd love to see that be a thing.

That was my idea for it too, have them act like their own split characters but they could also have weapon durability so that you would have to swap them around. I think that would have made more people happy then just Byleth but I know that they wanted to play it safe which is why they were picked.
Yeah I guess they probably went for Byleth only because it would be easier to program and it didn’t help there were a shit load of DLC characters for them to work on.

As for Mario representation, I don’t see Geno getting in due to Square fuckery, but I could see Paper Mario as there is a lot to work with and would represent the Mario RPGs better.

As for what I’d think if they were going to add Third Party I could see Steve, Doomguy, or Travis Touchdown

though personally I want Phoenix Wright but I won’t be surprised if he doesn’t get anything at all.

• Islamic Content

Army Burger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah I guess they probably went for Byleth only because it would be easier to program and it didn’t help there were a shit load of DLC characters for them to work on.

As for Mario representation, I don’t see Geno getting in due to Square fuckery, but I could see Paper Mario as there is a lot to work with and would represent the Mario RPGs better.

As for what I’d think if they were going to add Third Party I could see Steve, Doomguy, or Travis Touchdown

though personally I want Phoenix Wright but I won’t be surprised if he doesn’t get anything at all.
I'd love Paper Mario. Don't know how much interest there would be in him though.

Floop

I, Scout, humbly present a toast to Miss Pauling!
kiwifarms.net
It's kinda pathetic seeing the Fire Emblem fans defend being toxic against Smash fans. Like even the tiniest disappointment is met with a circlejerk of opinions. Damn dude, just admit you're insecure that people don't like your games and be done with it. Don't act as if fighting toxicity with toxicity is good because you were the opressed before.
Are you slightly disappointed with this reveal? Well HAHA YOU ARE STUPID DUMB POOPYHEAD THAT IS HAVING ITS TEARS DRINKED BY ME HEE HEE HEE HOES MAD

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
As a filthy weeb another waifu pleases me. Plus Byleth actually looks fun to play.

Sakurai was absolutely taking the piss here, there's no other way to interpret this. And what makes it worse is there's no way you can tell me Byleth being the last of the pass wasn't a calculated move. They knew damn well people would be up the wall about this but by the time we've found out, most have already bought the pass so no take backsies suckers.

That said I can't even be bothered to muster the energy for raw anger, just complete and utter disappointment. At the end of the day, I got my Ridley, I got my K. Rool, I got my Banjo, and there's a whopping 6 more characters on the horizon. As long as we don't get that overprivileged fire shitrabbit, it can only go up from here.
It's your own damn fault for buying something blindly.

People should have learned from the NRS fighter packs which all caused similar sodium overloads.

Overcooked Raccoon

Robotnik is still the bae.
kiwifarms.net
https://twitter.com/WendySnowRadish/status/1218062768613593088?s=20

Someone compiled the Nintendo NY store's reactions for all 5 reveals. The difference in the Byleth one is actually staggering. Cheering for about 4 seconds before going back to watching.

You compare it to the Terry one where two guys actually hug each other under constant cheering and screaming or the Banjo one where people are actually jumping around like spergs and it's all the more reason they should have shown Byleth earlier.

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net
Regaedless of whether you think it was a "scam" or not, all his other points are absolutely true.
Not that it really matters at this point. What's done is done. Now all we have to do is wait patiently for the next fighter to be revealed as we play more smash bros.

Which brings me to my next talking point, how does the character play?

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
I'd love Paper Mario. Don't know how much interest there would be in him though.
Depends on if they draw any references from the first two games or not. People will be stoked if they do, apathetic at best if they don't.

Based. I didn't think there would've been other people (aside from literally 2 other fans I talk to sometimes) to hope for this.
Anyway yesterday evening I was just thinking about this and I reasoned that, considering that AV has garnered a decent amount of popularity, for an indie game, and has always been highly praised, and that it's getting a sequel on a popular console this year, which I believe will increase its popularity even more... If we are lucky, I think we may get AT LEAST a Spirit (certainly Trace, and if more than one, then I'd say Elsenova and Athetos).
But I wouldn't be that sure about a fighter costume or even assist trophy, mostly because, so far, they've only included characters from VERY popular games (going up against Shovel Knight, Cuphead and fucking Sans). I mean, maybe a miracle will happen and thanks to the sequel it will become popular enough for that, but it's still kind of a dream...
Having remixes of the soundtrack and a stage based off of Sudra would be absolutely amazing though.
I'll settle for some Spirits, especially since they'll want to promote the sequel later when it comes out. I don't think it's completely impossible for a costume though. Yeah it's not the most popular or well known indie game by far, but it's not some obscure walking simulator, either.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
That depends, do they focus on his appearance in the first two games, or the last three games?

The former would be seeing an old friend return after so many years, while the latter would be twisting the knife some more.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
https://twitter.com/WendySnowRadish/status/1218062768613593088?s=20

Someone compiled the Nintendo NY store's reactions for all 5 reveals. The difference in the Byleth one is actually staggering. Cheering for about 4 seconds before going back to watching.

You compare it to the Terry one where two guys actually hug each other under constant cheering and screaming or the Banjo one where people are actually jumping around like spergs and it's all the more reason they should have shown Byleth earlier.
Banjo is a good example of the Smash fanbase being absolutely autistic, alongside asking for characters like Master Chief and shit. He was a literally who to the Japanese and no one cared.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
Banjo is a good example of the Smash fanbase being absolutely autistic, alongside asking for characters like Master Chief and shit. He was a literally who to the Japanese and no one cared.
Today I learned that dozens of videos of people cheering wildly for Banjo-Kazooie is a sign that no one cares about them.

Come on, man. Just about every gaming forum on the Internet lost their minds when they were revealed. People did care.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today I learned that dozens of videos of people cheering wildly for Banjo-Kazooie is a sign that no one cares about them.

Come on, man. Just about every gaming forum on the Internet lost their minds when they were revealed. People did care.
No one in Japan cared. There is a massive divide between American and Japanese opinions on fighters, you only have to look at Hero's reception to see it. Or, hell, what fighters Americans request vs fighters that the Japanese request. The Smash fanbase is autistic in the sense that they don't stop for five seconds and realize that other parts of the world do have different opinions on things, and Nintendo isn't just marketing to America.

Brain Power

cytus2ending.jpg
kiwifarms.net
No one in Japan cared. There is a massive divide between American and Japanese opinions on fighters, you only have to look at Hero's reception to see it. Or, hell, what fighters Americans request vs fighters that the Japanese request. The Smash fanbase is autistic in the sense that they don't stop for five seconds and realize that other parts of the world do have different opinions on things, and Nintendo isn't just marketing to America.
Excuse me?

Mcniggered

Watch out for that Kung Flu
kiwifarms.net
I can kind of get why people were annoyed about the reveal mostly because of the articles talkin about how V's VA said x on a podcast which was misinterpreted and spread like wildfire with the fake news. That on top of the DMC twitter tweeting about the date probably threw people off. I watched the presentation at work and was laughing my head off realizing some people fucked themselves like Max. In any case like many have said, it would have been a better reveal as the first character for the next pass instead of the last character for this one.

Tags
None