Super Smash Bros. -

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
I can kind of get why people were annoyed about the reveal mostly because of the articles talkin about how V's VA said x on a podcast which was misinterpreted and spread like wildfire with the fake news. That on top of the DMC twitter tweeting about the date probably threw people off. I watched the presentation at work and was laughing my head off realizing some people fucked themselves like Max. In any case like many have said, it would have been a better reveal as the first character for the next pass instead of the last character for this one.
Hard disagree. That would have lead the people who are screeching now to assume the whole second pass would be 'stale and boring' characters, and possibly screeching even harder. Neither the first or the last of a pass is a good fit for this guy. I'd probably put him second last, if anywhere.

And re: the whole 'fire emblem fans are being toxic', I'm seeing nowhere near as much 'aww man, i'm disappointed but otherwise good pack' as I'm seeing 'Sakurai might as well have broke into my house, kicked me in the balls, and stole my switch'. You can't act like the Smash Bros fans are being graceful losers and the FE fans are teabagging and dancing on them. It's more like the Smash Bros fans are clipping the mic in screeching while FE fans are teabagging and dancing on them. There's always collateral in a shitfest like this, and acting like one side or the other is nobler is a joke.

Foolish Samuari Warrior

Sword + gun = awesome
kiwifarms.net
Hard disagree. That would have lead the people who are screeching now to assume the whole second pass would be 'stale and boring' characters, and possibly screeching even harder. Neither the first or the last of a pass is a good fit for this guy. I'd probably put him second last, if anywhere.

And re: the whole 'fire emblem fans are being toxic', I'm seeing nowhere near as much 'aww man, i'm disappointed but otherwise good pack' as I'm seeing 'Sakurai might as well have broke into my house, kicked me in the balls, and stole my switch'. You can't act like the Smash Bros fans are being graceful losers and the FE fans are teabagging and dancing on them. It's more like the Smash Bros fans are clipping the mic in screeching while FE fans are teabagging and dancing on them. There's always collateral in a shitfest like this, and acting like one side or the other is nobler is a joke.
Exactly. Like go to the Fire Emblem subreddit or twitter hashtags and it's full of people saying they get to be toxic because Smash was toxic to them. Like that makes you any better, or in the right? That just makes you an immature baby that can't shrug off hate.

Last edited:

Floop

I, Scout, humbly present a toast to Miss Pauling!
kiwifarms.net
Exactly. Like go to the Fire Emblem subreddit or twitter hashtags and it's full of people saying they get to be toxic because Smash was toxif to them. Like that makes you any better, or in the right? That just makes you an immature baby that can't shrug off hate.
When can people have internet arguments that aren’t just strawmanning and calling each other incels?

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
You shouldn't get hyped about being able to beat the tar out of Mario as some of your favourite characters. You should support a company that thinks showing a number 5 is a big deal.
Getting excited about more paid DLC when the competition's big announcement is usually a plethora of new games seems wrong. And this is coming from someone that owns Atari Mario Brothers and Equinox.

Seriously though endless DLC announcements for Smash brothers and pokemon are reminding me of what happened to EA and Ubisoft when their decline started. Yes you can argue THEY MAED TEH MONIES but their creative output fucking nosedived and only supported like 2-3 series in the end.

Foolish Samuari Warrior

Sword + gun = awesome
kiwifarms.net
Dante (his iconic Rebellion sword)
I'd argue that Ebony and Ivory are more iconic, even if Rebellion have more memorable scenes. Ebony and Ivory also have a plethora of moves he could have, from Honeycomb Fire to Rainstorm.

Also, you'll notice that Byleth uses weapons that aren't even his. Dante has weapons like nunchucks, buzzsaws, and guitars.

Zeke Von Genbu

Behold my Blade PANDORIA
kiwifarms.net
I'd argue that Ebony and Ivory are more iconic, even if Rebellion have more memorable scenes. Ebony and Ivory also have a plethora of moves he could have, from Honeycomb Fire to Rainstorm.

Also, you'll notice that Byleth uses weapons that aren't even his. Dante has weapons like nunchucks, buzzsaws, and guitars.
Byleth can use all 4 of those weapons if they want, I've used Failnaught (the bow) as Byleth in a playthrough of 3 houses. Which is why Nintendo went with that direction to make them stand out and to finally show off the main physical weapon types in Fire Emblem beyond just Sword, Fire Emblem 3 houses lets you use basically any weapon you want.

Anyone that knows basically anything about Dante knows how many options he can have, you just need to see MvC3 Dante for about 2 minutes to realize that. Saying Dante has potential for a moveset is kind of a given. Just Dante's main weapon to most people is Rebellion. Sora technically has magic out the wazoo, but most people would consider Sora a swordsman with an unorthodox "sword".

Most the "generic swordsman" in Smash have some quirks or differences that make them feel different. Even across the Fire Emblem characters (save for Chrom/Lucina unless you're into the very nuanced competitive details) have differences between say Marth, Ike, and Roy. Just most people don't care because swords = same moveset.

Floop

I, Scout, humbly present a toast to Miss Pauling!
kiwifarms.net
The hoes mad meme is making me more and more uncomfortable but this made me chuckle

Jmz_33

kiwifarms.net
People on Twitter seem to be really pissed off at the “hoes mad” meme now, like behold reasonable. The autism of the smash fandom has reached new hights.

Sort the comments by newest if you wanna have a good laugh. If Fire Emblem fans drink Smash fan’s tears, Smash fans can drink Fire Emblem fan’s tears.
Great, I now have the mental image of a Smash Fag and an FE Fag, simultaneously licking each other’s eyes for tears. Like 69ing but with eyeballs.

Tags
None