Super Smash Bros. -

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
While Ive mostly been doing the hoes mad Cossack dance, let me defend the aforementioned hoes and point out something I don’t think even they realise.

There’s a large perception Smash is used as a litmus test for crossover characters. In other words, if Sora gets in - and especially if it does well as DLC - people hope it will lead to Kingdom Hearts games on switch. That’s why people are mad when it’s a redundant character.

now, whether there’s any proof of this is spotty at best, but it’s still an important thing to consider.

Edit: To defend FE fans a little, this feels like an intersection of the 'everyone is here' doctrine with FE3H being the best selling game in the series - moreso than Arms or Xenoblade 2. They've removed Roy before, after all.

But I do not buy for a second the whole Footballesque wobbly the Smash fandom is pulling. They are not the noble victims here, they were the first to throw a fit, and when the response wasn't in their favour, they took a dive for cuddle points. that's not defending the FE response, I just think BOTH sides are garbage.

Last edited:

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net
I think it was having the three characters from Awakening that made the roster of Fire Emblem characters seem too many. Also in my personal preference I am not crazy with Awakening as with the other titles.

Foolish Samuari Warrior

A dead waifu.
kiwifarms.net
Byleth can use all 4 of those weapons if they want, I've used Failnaught (the bow) as Byleth in a playthrough of 3 houses. Which is why Nintendo went with that direction to make them stand out and to finally show off the main physical weapon types in Fire Emblem beyond just Sword, Fire Emblem 3 houses lets you use basically any weapon you want.
I'm not saying they can't use the items, they're just not weapons that belong to him.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I think I heard somewhere that it was going to be a remake/remaster of TTYD, but I don't know the validity of that.
There's really nothing to remaster IIRC, even if they put it out at 1080p they just wouldn't bother doing the extra step of compressing the game like they did with the gamecube release. Like it would be similar to what they did with the Wii All-Stars release, just put the ROM on piece of physical media and call it a day.

DogEatDogFood

Tfw no clever custom title
kiwifarms.net
Hot take. This kind of exceptional shit happens when:
1) Your marketing strategy is based on buliding the hype by being deliberately vague about which characters are on the game. The community of spergs bitting at each other throats from which one of their virtual pets is gonna be part of their crossover children game is a result of this
2) You preorder a DLC pack out of consoomer instinct instead of waiting to see how it goes
3) You have a community of fags who are unable to deal with the fact that the characters that will make the cut are yhe ones that people want the most or the ones that are from games that are popular at the moment. Obscure shit will never make the cut.
4) You have another community of fags that can't realize why the fact that at least 12-15% of the characters are from a franchise that has characters that look and play almost exactly the same (even not counting the Echoes) its a problem.
5) And you have fags on both sides who think that you should be "grateful" or think uncritically instead of actually demanding quality because you buy the fucking product and you have the right to do so.
6) You sperg at the creator of the game (who doesn't even decides which fighters are on the final cut), the VA of Fire Emblem (they just make the voices) and other people that have nothing to do with this instead of recognizing that it's only the result of a marketing strategy aimed at squeezing as much money as possible of nostalgiafags
7) You have an emotional relationship with a multimillion dollar corporation just because muh childhood instead of having more critical thought. It doesn't matter if they make the most recognizable games of the industry: its a corporation, they live to make money

Rant over. Consoom more Nintendo pls

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
Even if it’s not that bad, it’ll be the Fallout 4 of Paper Mario games. Okay, but not as memorable or good as the previous titles.
After the bullshit that was Super, Sticker Star, and Color Splash, the Fallout 4 equivalent to Paper Mario would be a god send.

Seriously, that poor series has been a guinea pig for unnecessary "innovation" for too long, let it go back to the original stuff.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Seriously, that poor series has been a guinea pig for unnecessary "innovation" for too long, let it go back to the original stuff.
I don't think they're gonna, if the mario movie and Nintendo land theme park are any indication to go by they're making mario as bland as possible. Mario will have no soul and everything will just be some incarnation of NSMB flavor of safe and nostalgia. Basically if it has mario in the title expect nothing well crafted. It's not like Dragon Quest where it sets out to do something simple and refines it down to a sharp edge, Nintendo is taking mario in the direction where he just exists to sell merch and the games can be punched in by a machine.

Ideally they should have done what sega did with Sonic Mania give the series to a small studio who gives a shit and will analyze every aspect of the actual gameplay and then not only recreate it, but properly build on top of it as a foundation for future endeavors.

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't think they're gonna, if the mario movie and Nintendo land theme park are any indication to go by they're making mario as bland as possible.
That seems like a premature call, SMO was pretty refreshing and creative. And obviously they would make the theme park stuff as recognizable as possible. For the DK theme park they're going with a DKC1/DKCR look for example.

A indie Mario game could be interesting. There's probably some talented devs in the fangaming community that could do it.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
That seems like a premature call, SMO was pretty refreshing and creative. And obviously they would make the theme park stuff as recognizable as possible. For the DK theme park they're going with a DKC1/DKCR look despite TF being the latest game and being absolutely gorgeous.

A indie Mario game could be interesting. There's probably some talented devs in the fangaming community that could do it.
I thought they cut the DK aspect of the park and are just going full Mario until further notice.

SMO suffered from gimmicky shit though. It's like they tried to recreate banjo kazooie but still fell into the same pitfalls that Yooka laylee did with making the collectahons too tedious and the objectives and powers lackluster to the point where you question why they did it, because it breaks the flow of the level or were essentially one time use and were just very limited in their implementation(i.e. T-Rex mario).

• Feels
Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

Floop

I, Scout, humbly present a toast to Miss Pauling!
kiwifarms.net
And you have fags on both sides who think that you should be "grateful" or think uncritically instead of actually demanding quality because you buy the fucking product and you have the right to do so.
Exactly! These aren’t free gifts! It’s a product!

Tags
None