Super Smash Bros. -

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
The DK area wasn't cut, it's going to be a future expansion. They're just rolling out the Mario stuff to start with.
I dunno, with theme parks future expansions have a tendency to change or be severely heavily delayed. Just look how long it took Epcot to open most of the countries and all the changes that took place and deals that were entered and backed out of. The DK area could just wind up being a small subset like a ride or two and not a full blown expansion.

Harry Potter still isn't a full day park like it was originally intended, you still just spend a few hours there before you've done everything.

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net
After the bullshit that was Super, Sticker Star, and Color Splash
I understand the latter two, but why Super Paper Mario? From what I've played off it, it still has the charm that Paper Mario and TTYD had but the gameplay changed from turn-based to Action RPG with more classic Mario platforming involved (Also, more playable characters).

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
I think I heard somewhere that it was going to be a remake/remaster of TTYD, but I don't know the validity of that.
The first game deserves it way more. It was a N64 game that laid down the framework for the rest of the series. Also we're approaching the 20th anniversary in just over a year's time (and god fucking damn saying that makes me feel old). Not to mention N64 emulators run like ass so the only way to experience it properly is by seeking out the physical version.

I understand the latter two, but why Super Paper Mario? From what I've played off it, it still has the charm that Paper Mario and TTYD had but the gameplay changed from turn-based to Action RPG with more classic Mario platforming involved (Also, more playable characters).
The execution falls apart really quickly.

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
The first game deserves it way more. It was a N64 game that laid down the framework for the rest of the series. Also we're approaching the 20th anniversary in just over a year's time (and god fucking damn saying that makes me feel old). Not to mention N64 emulators run like ass so the only way to experience it properly is by seeking out the physical version.
try emulating the wii virtual console version via dolphin. n64 virtual console games were actually ports rather than roms in a container. even nintendo couldn't pull off n64 emulation.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
The gameplay was repetitive, and the pacing was fucked thanks to the long stretches of dialogue that outstayed their welcome.

The main reason I lumped it in with those two is because Nintendo apparently took the criticism towards it to the polar opposite direction. Going by that, Super was indirectly responsible for much of the bullshit in SS and CS and Nintendo's refusal to go back to the original formula.

You might think that's unfair of me, but I find that Super was the point where the series went downhill and never recovered.

Floop

I, Scout, humbly present a toast to Miss Pauling!
kiwifarms.net
But those fandoms remember to bathe.
Oh that’s it. I will not let you marginalize my favorite vidya game anymore! Prepare for me to get mad and breathe really heavily before reporting you to the cyber police!

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
You might think that's unfair of me, but I find that Super was the point where the series went downhill and never recovered.
Naw, you covered the basics. Super Paper Mario was a mess of potentially good ideas executed badly. And it really was the big start of when they decided every entry needed to "innovate" new gameplay, though you can see that as early as TYD honestly (action commands with the special attacks and the four out of battle paper abilities).

Changeofheart

Just let me sleep, you asshole.
kiwifarms.net
I just hate that we have another two years of roster faggots sperging before the cycle begins again.
View attachment 1103048
Ironic that the calm one of the two wojaks wears a Sony hat considering the meltdown they are all currently having on every social media for the rumors about their exclusives getting ported on PC.

1911JD

I am so tired of this shit, I swear.
kiwifarms.net
This.
They lost me at the commercialization part. I knew exactly where they were going and groaned when I read that second tweet I just put up here.

1579570460852.png

FE3H has been out for months, sold excellently, and has been critically acclaimed. If Sakurai wanted Byleth's inclusion to be a commercial for FE3H, they would've announced Byleth during E3 or in November instead of Terry. We're nearly half a year out from this game being released. It doesn't need any more advertising. By contrast, Hero came out in Smash a mere month (two months?) before DQ11S was released on Switch.

I don't think Sakurai deciding early on that he wanted Byleth is necessarily advertising the game, especially if he intended to release Byleth later on long after the game's release. I just think that's him putting content from a series he enjoys into a game he directed, no different from Fatal Fury.

That's not to say that Byleth's inclusion WOULDN'T have caused people to want to buy FE3H, as Joker's inclusion caused some that I know to play P5 and Hero caused me personally to play DQ11S, but I really don't think it was the primary purpose, and I seriously think this hate toward Byleth for being in Smash is really overexaggerated. Sure, there are a lot of FE reps, but who fucking cares. It's a fighting game (party game whatever) where different characters have different movesets. Smash fans are honestly pissbabies for getting as pissed off as they are.

He also brought up "favoritism", but I'm not gonna say much about that aside from the fact that this wasn't an issue with Terry.

There are 6 more DLC fighters. Get the fuck over it.

Tags
None