Super Smash Bros. -

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
I'm thinking this announcement was made to change places a 3rd party that was supposed to be fighter #6 and they got pushed back to a later time, and also why the release is so far off. 3rd party characters require a lot of back and forth between Sakurai's team and other companies, including meetings and quality checks, which isn't feasible to do in the current Corona-chan fiasco (indeed Sakurai already said there will be delays due to the virus). So they changed gears and went with an in-house IP to ensure something's still coming down the pipeline for the foreseeable future.

EDIT: There's also the fact that they didn't even name who it is, just "Character from ARMS." Definitely smells of a last-minute change of plans unless it's somehow another Bowser Jr. situation with alts.

_01

01101001 01000001 01101101 00110000 00110001
kiwifarms.net
Newest DLC character confirmed to be from ARMS. Won’t be coming out until July.

View attachment 1203822
I'm indifferent to ARMS but I am excited for how the character will play, because I'm certain it will be interesting.

I'm surprised it took this long for an Arms fighter.
They actually wanted an ARMS rep before, but had to settle on an assist trophy since it was too far into the game's development. Same goes for Xenoblade, so there will most likely be a XC2 rep somewhere down the line as well.

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
Newest DLC character confirmed to be from ARMS. Won’t be coming out until July.

View attachment 1203822
After the fiasco that was Byleth, I wonder how this will be taken by the fans. I can't say I'm impressed with the decision...unless its Twintelle, then I will die laughing.

They actually wanted an ARMS rep before, but had to settle on an assist trophy since it was too far into the game's development. Same goes for Xenoblade, so there will most likely be a XC2 rep somewhere down the line as well.
I'm not opposed to this, but I would be happy with a character from Xenoblade Chronicles X, like Elma.

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
I'm not opposed to this, but I would be happy with a character from Xenoblade Chronicles X, like Elma.
The day that Elma get announced for Smash is the day that XCX is announced to be ported to the Switch
I wouldn't call it a fiasco. The reveal was underwhelming at worse with a few people throwing a fit about it.
Not to mention the hype up for Dante since that direct and one of the DMC 3 announcements were on the same date so people, especially me, assumed he was gonna be coming to Smash (probably might be with the amount of Devil May Cry games being ported to the Switch and the amount of love the Switch version of DMC 3 had), however I wasn't mad, I was just laughing my ass off at my own assumption.

A lot of Byleth is great but the one irk I have is the Final Smash with Jpeg Sothis.

Tags
None