Super Smash Bros. -

Sable

DANGEROUSLY WELCOMING IN THE NEW YEAR
kiwifarms.net
Whew, finally have a complete list of spirits (for now, anyway). All 1,300+ of them. Now I wonder if I'll ever be autistic enough to try to go for a living spirit collection, kind of like how some Pokémon players aim for a living Pokédex.

Spirit hunting is surprisingly easier to do than trophy/sticker hunting was back in the day.
I've got a living spirit collection- I've got at least two of everything, except for the ones you need to combine for and the partner pokemon, as they've only shown up in the shop once.

Except for the same spirit I've been missing this whole time which STILL WON'T TURN UP.

Reactions: ComeoutandJULAY

Bad_Guys_are_Good4EVER

My friends, I like war. No, friends, I LOVE WAR!
kiwifarms.net
Just played Piranha Plant on Ultimate and he's an easily abused spammer. Here's why. His Side B attack allows you to shoot poison gas, (or sludge I don't know which) at your opponents. You can do a lot of damage to your opponents very quickly as all you have to do is run and press B. But basically if you can immobilize your opponents that'll basically be the end of it (for the most part.) And his Down B attack allows him to extend to the top platform on the normal Battlefield stage. So you basically have an advantage to take someone out as they are falling to their doom. Just don't get caught off guard if he gets banned from tournaments.

_01

INITIALIZED PARAMETERIZED
kiwifarms.net
Just played Piranha Plant on Ultimate and he's an easily abused spammer. Here's why. His Side B attack allows you to shoot poison gas, (or sludge I don't know which) at your opponents. You can do a lot of damage to your opponents very quickly as all you have to do is run and press B. But basically if you can immobilize your opponents that'll basically be the end of it (for the most part.) And his Down B attack allows him to extend to the top platform on the normal Battlefield stage. So you basically have an advantage to take someone out as they are falling to their doom. Just don't get caught off guard if he gets banned from tournaments.
The poison gas has no hitstun so you can jump out of it while using a retreating aerial attack; that way you can prevent yourself from getting grabbed while covering a run in. Her down special is predictable and is affected by time, which makes it even easier to predict. Piranha Plant has decent projectiles but her neutral game is very poor with rather slow moves that have long end lag. Saying she'll get banned from tournaments is extremely unlikely.

X-Shaped Weeaboo

Not another anime avatar!
kiwifarms.net
A lot of people don't mind anime swordsmen at all, they just don't want another fucking Fire Emblem character.
There wouldn't be much of a complaint about sword characters if the Smash Team knew how to design sword-fighters in different ways than what we have now. As it stands, every sword character barring Roy/Chrom and Ike in Ultimate have virtually the same gameplay and win-state; Stand just outside of your opponents shield, retreat if they get close, keep them in the air if you land the hit, edgeguard. They all focus on spacing, having large hit-boxes that cover a wide area around them, not just in front of them, and having decent off-stage games. Even Cloud and Shulk are stronger characters when they play more like Marth than playing them any other way, and that's incredibly disappointing given the lack of variety in aggro a sword-type cast could have.

Ike is the first sword-character that can actually apply heavy pressure to an opponents shield: Putting out an incredibly dangerous string of attacks that are hard to avoid and dangerous to try and fight. He's slow, so having such an oppressive presence in neutral means he gets to avoid being bullied like in previous titles, and his strength makes it so that he doesn't have to fish so hard for combos, though he still has them. This is at odds with other sword-characters, who only like to press the attack when their opponent can't fight back ergo juggling foes in the air.

Roy/Chrom have combos and are fast. Lots of combos and insanely fast. The fixed knock-back on their attacks make it so that if they hit you once they can usually it you a ton of times, and their insane speed allows the to chase bad movement options and keep combo-strings flowing like a BlazBlue character. Their swords are shorter and aren't really good at spacing like other sword-characters meaning that they can't pressure shields very much and don't have very good off-stage options. They make up for this by punishing way harder than any sword-character and their game-play is much more reminiscent of the traditional Space Animals (Fox, Falco, Wolf) than it is of Marth; using movement to get in and out of people's faces rather than just swatting them away with giant N0-No sticks.

But therein lies the problem; That's a whopping two, arguably three, sword characters with a different play-style from Marth's and that's just absurd. There are hundreds of different ways a person can wield a sword and it doesn't make sense why "hit shield and run away like a bitch" is the most they can come up with for most of them. Even Cloud, who has massive potential for a unique kit, is best play just poking at people until they eventually die. Other types of fighters in Smash don't have this problem and when the only thing keeping the sword-characters from being the same fighter is almost literally just their visual aesthetic that screams a lack of creativity, which is bizarre when you realize how creative other types of fighters are.

MightyBiteySnake

Ouroboros, BITCH!
kiwifarms.net
Dragon Quest would be neat representation to see in smash and it could be neat having a sword and shield character that isn't a Link
Apparently the characters people give a shit about the most are the ones who use swords.
Hector from Blazing Blade is pretty much the poster boy for "good guys with axes" in Framblem and he's waaay more popular than his deuteragonist Eliwood (Roy's dad) and is known for having a really sick criticism animation when wielding his personal axe Armads. But it's way too late to add him in unfortunately

• Agree
Reactions: Cyborg Scars

Sable

DANGEROUSLY WELCOMING IN THE NEW YEAR
kiwifarms.net
I'm not the sort of person to believe in rumour, so I'm not going to get my hopes up (especially with an SE property), but I'd be rather happy with a DQ rep solely because it's one of my favourite series and the main heroes are usually versatile enough in a way that lends itself to probably creating a versitile moveset.

Also because the music is pretty damn sweet and has the added bonus of making a certain group of people angry because the composer is like, 1000 years old and denies warcrimes or something.

Hector from Blazing Blade is pretty much the poster boy for "good guys with axes" in Framblem and he's waaay more popular than his deuteragonist Eliwood (Roy's dad) and is known for having a really sick criticism animation when wielding his personal axe Armads. But it's way too late to add him in unfortunately
That's partially because Eliwood is useless TBH. I mean, by the standards of the game not the series as a whole; there are far more awful lords than Eliwood.

But yeah, an axe user would be cool- literally one of the few things we know about one of the characters from the next one is she can use axes and everyone*'s like 'fuck it put her in or something'. I mean, the issue with the FE characters isn't the number (because there's way more Pokemon/Mario characters) but because you could cut out three whole clones.

*Everyone that the inclusion of another FE character wouldn't turn into a damn pillar of salt.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino