Super Smash Bros. -

ASoulMan

It's time for assembly...FROM HELL!!!
kiwifarms.net
That Smash update was even shorter than I expected, and I wasn't even expecting much anyway.

At least we know Joker comes out sometime in April.

And Three Houses is fucking Fire Emblem: Hogwarts Edition

Beta Faggot

The Soyest of Boys
kiwifarms.net
Give it two more hours and this could be it's own breakaway thread in the meantime my reaction could summarized as so thusly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWYZearFC_Y
This is so funny and hard to believe that it borders super villain levels of evil.
Honestly, it's times like this that I miss the Salt Mine subforum the most.

Sir Toasty ended up deleting this tweet and apologizing for "acting in the heat of the moment" :story:

Martys_not_smarty

kiwifarms.net
Yeah I don't even know what this toasty fellow was going off about what are these words he using supposed to be mocking Sakurai and what's this afterbirth shit sorry I'm not the most well versed in this lexicon, anyone care to mansplain it for me?

Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
Yeah I don't even know what this toasty fellow was going off about what are these words he using supposed to be mocking Sakurai and what's this afterbirth shit sorry I'm not the most well versed in this lexicon, anyone care to mansplain it for me?
He's complaining about the games that were chosen over Melee (2004) at Evo, claming they aren't as popular as Melee.

The two titles he's referring two are recent remasters of older fighters (though super new by melee standards).

"Mr Samurai Fighter" is Samurai Showdown, a game so new I don't think it's even released yet. It's a new entry into the long standing "Samurai Showdown" series.
"INVERSE UNBIRTH NIGHT BIRTH:EXE INLATEST 2012 WEEB FIGHTER" is Under Night In-Birth, a re-release that came out late in 2018 of a 2d "anime fighter" from 2012. It only came out in 2012 in arcades, it wouldn't show up on consoles for years later.

Neither game is as big as Melee but neither game has been featured at evo for 15 years straight, it's weird to complain about "old" games when talking about melee's inclusion. Smash Brother Melee was far and away the oldest game being featured every year it was featured.

When Melee was first entered into Evo (2006) here are some of it's peers, age wise.

Marvel vs Capcom 2
Street Fighter 3 : Third Strike
Street Fighter 2 : Turbo
Tekken 5

For 13 years Smash (and only Smash) has gotten away with not evolving and keeping the "old" version of the game in rotation despite the fact that the newer Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, and Soul Calibur entries were all dogshit and were still played as the "featured" games. The new versions (Brawl and 4) got featured a time or two but they've always pushed melee despite the fact it's remarkably stale and no one cares, sometimes forcing the tournament to run two smash games as "featured" per evo.

All of the real fighting game players had to let of the good version of Street Fighter (Third Strike) years ago, it's time to let go melee players.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino