Supernatural Fandom -

Dalish

jewess bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Supernatural is a show that won't fucking die, having run on the CW for approximately three hundred years. The show follows two brothers around as they fight monsters and demons or something in their gay car and listen to nothing but 'Carry On My Wayward Son' on repeat.

To the surprise of no one, Supernatural is a cesspool of terrible, terrible, terrible fans. The most vocal part of the fandom are those who ship Castiel/Dean (I guess an Angel and one one of the brothers) and those who ship 'Wincest'. Given that the fans of the show are mostly women who need their yaoi fix, people at conventions have been known to try and get the actors to answer questions about their gay ships.

The actors have banned questions regarding gay sex at conventions, which has triggered many people and rustled many jimmies. Either way, fans continue to ask the actors about it at conventions despite them telling the dumb girls to quit it:

tumblr_nogawzZFpO1uoyx93o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nogawzZFpO1uoyx93o2_r1_500.jpg

The main 'ship' split of Destiel and Wincest constantly in-fight with each other and have slap-fights over whose ship is grosser, which means there are entire watch-dog communities that get into fights constantly.

Finally, the Supernatural fandom is full of people who fake suicides/self harm/etc for attention and follower counts. #affectedbyhate was a tag in early 2015 which came about after a Supernatural blogger allegedly killed themselves three-four times, obviously escaping from hospitals and shit in between that. During the time of pseuicides, the Supernatural fandom believed that 4chan was planning raids v omegle. In 2015. This is a real fucking thing that happened.

In short, the Supernatural fandom is a wealth of hilarity and butthurt that cannot be rivaled.

Last edited:

Thiletonomics

도널드 트럼프 승리의 소금.
kiwifarms.net
Supernatural is a show that won't fucking die, having run on the CW for approximately three hundred years. The show follows two brothers around as they fight monsters and demons or something in their gay car and listen to nothing but 'Carry On My Wayward Son' on repeat.
Regarding the show itself, is it one of those shows that is clearly past its prime, like The Simpsons, but the producers continue to churn out episodes for some ridiculous reason?

Mystia

Spankety Spankety Spankety!
kiwifarms.net
Oh man yeah, the Supernatural fandom...
lets not forget the clusterfuck of Superwholock. No idea if its still a thing, but back in the days it was really huge on Tumblr and full of homosexuality fetishizing teenager girls behaving like morons.

Anyone remembers that Mishapocalypse thing on tumblr on first april 2013? When the fandom changed their icons to some picture of Supernatural actor Misha Collins,
because "lol so funny XD" The actor himself stated that it made him really uncomfortable....

女鬼

人就是鬼、鬼就是人。
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Supernatural had some of the grossest, most depraved fans imaginable.
AFAIK, they're the ones who can be blamed for spawning the abomination that is alpha/beta/omega (i. e. people with dog cocks going into heat).

There's also the tinhatters who are somehow convinced that the actors who play the brothers are totally in love and totally doing it.
They document every single public appearance to look for clues of their sekrit love .
They also have elaborate cospiracy theories, including one about how their marriage are an elaborate ruse to hide their relationsionship from the public and the wives are beards.

Sorry that J2’s marriages look like a sham and I pick up a strong gay vibe between them. I’m a horrible, absolutely detestable human being. I mean really. I’m tired of being shamed because I have this feeling that something is going on there.
I love the show (more so when Eric Kripke was there but I think that goes for most of us) and I love J2 (I don’t flail and idolize them because that’s reserved for my goddess) and I respect them too. But Jesus Christ, I am not a shitty fan or being disrespectful to them by thinking this way.
Let's not forget the fanartists: one of the most infamous ones is mythagowoods , master of shitty photomanips involving bestiality, urethral insertions and a hefty dose of rectal prolapse.

Android raptor

50% android, 50% raptor, 100% autistic
kiwifarms.net
I remember hearing they're also known to loose their shit every time the show tries to introduce a reoccurring female character and have sent hatemail to actresses.

Confirmation would be lovely, though I can believe it either way knowing how horrendously misogynistic those yaoitard types tend to be.

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Check this out, there's a shitload of fanfiction involving the actors. Not the characters, but the actors themselves. I just can't express how creepy and inappropriate that is.

Rin

Needlessly Bitchy Pigtails Girl
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A good source of undiluted crazy from the people who ship the two main actors. Please note that this is only one of the many permutations of crazy RPS that exists in the Supernatural fandom.

Too Many Crooks

Depressed Doge
kiwifarms.net
I love the show itself, but I avoid the fandom like the plague.

I don't even want to know about their kinkmemes and whatnot. :heart-empty:

Despite being a member of KF, I'm still baffled by how obsessive, gross, and inappropriate the Supernatural fandom is, especially in regards to the show's actors (the actors who play Sam, Dean, & Castiel are all married and they have young children now). Also, Wincest? Nasty.

It's the magnitude of crazy fangirlism, I'm sure if it.

And who can forget "superwholock"?

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

Evilboshe

hockeyyyyy
kiwifarms.net
Looked in the article for a mention of this old tumblr post (hosted on an outside site now that it's long been deleted) and didn't find it. Apologies if it was brought up and I somehow missed it. It's just too good to ignore.
"You are breaking my queer little heart, Mr. Ackles. I will cry."
I would take a screenshot, but it's way long

Last edited:

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh wow, this just gave me a heavy dosage of nostalgia. I remember when this blew the fuck up all over Tumblr a couple of years back. Unfortunately, the original post has been deleted; fortunately, it's been archived. This post truly is the epitome of entitlement and everything that's wrong with fangirls fandom as a whole. Although, to be fair, a ton of people were calling this brat out on her entitlement issues; after a certain point, I remember most of the reblogs being rebuttals. And believe me, there's a lot to rebut.

And, again, this was all because Jensen Ackles didn't want to answer (and even seemed uncomfortable about answering) questions about his character's sexuality. Because not wanting to talk about how gay/bi the character you're portraying is with a bunch of teenage fangirls totally means you hate gay people.

"Mr. Jensen Ackles, you make me uncomfortable. I’m even, at least a little bit, scared of you. You make me uncomfortable because I make you uncomfortable. You make me uncomfortable because who I am, what I am- you don’t like it. And that worries me."

Yep, this girl is genuinely afraid of Jensen Ackles because he doesn't want to gush about his character's sexuality. The idea that he might just not care or has better things to discuss with the fans doesn't even cross her mind. Nope, he totally hates her personally.

"You dehumanize me because I am a woman. You have said mysognistic things. You dehumanize me because I am a teenage girl, and people mock teenage girls. My voice does not matter because I am young, and I am female, and I am not your show’s target demographic. You dehumanize me because I am queer, and that is what this letter is about in particular. (The other parts will take part, though, because my queerness is not entirely unrelated to my femaleness, as I am a person, fully formed, and my parts cannot, will not, be dissected.)"

Holy shit.

First of all, way to typecast Jensen Ackles as a woman-hating homophobe who especially hates teenage girls and dehumanizes everyone who isn't white/straight/cis. That's not libel or anything. Also, top fucking lol that she goes out of her way to be all "DON'T REDUCE ME TO MY QUEERNESS/FEMALENESS!! I AM A WHOLE PERSON!!!" when she spends literally the entire fucking letter talking about how queer and female she is.

"And that means I’m scared of you, no matter how nice you are. That means I have to be scared of you. Warning signs are how I, and others like me, stay alive, Mr. Ackles."

If she doesn't bitch about Mr. Ackles and constantly antagonize people for not being perfect she will literally get murdered, you guys.

"It means I will avoid you at cons; it means I will not go to supernatural panels that you are a part of. Because even though you wouldn’t ever physically attack me, you scare me. You scare me because you will dehumanize me. You will put me in situations where you will say things, things that are horrible, and I will be in a room full of people who will agree with you because you’re famous, because they admire you, maybe because they just don’t like queer teenage girls and you’re confirming what they already believe. It doesn’t matter why: they will agree with you" you know what, fuck it, this quote is way too long already and she just bitches some more.

Again, she's portraying Jensen as a horrible fucking monster who will sic an entire room of people against her for daring to be a queer teenage girl. She seriously seems to think that he's just going to start throwing slurs around like they're party favors even though we have no evidence that he's even remotely homophobic.

"If I cannot keep from crying while watching old videos alone in my room, watching a queer teenage girl (like me, another like me, because there are so very many of us, Mr. Ackles) standing in a room surrounded by thousands of people, valiantly trying to tell her hero that “being gay is not unmanly”, trying to help this person she admires learn that what he said is not okay, the way he is thinking is not okay, anger in her voice matching the anger I feel as well, (because being gay is not unmanly, and because being unmanly is not bad), and watching the room turn hostile, watch the actor refuse to listen- how will I keep from crying when it happens in front of me? When it happens to me?"

I love this part because she basically admits that she only cares about herself. She doesn't care about the teenager girl who was in that uncomfortable situation, all she can think about is ME ME ME ME ME!

"I would cry, Mr. Ackles. I would need to leave the room, so that I could sit outside and curl up in a friend’s arms as she promised me that I was safe, that she wouldn’t let them hurt me, that you hadn’tmeant it, that you didn’t know what would likely happen to that teenage girl, the threats she would receive and hatred and anger she would face- anything so that I would feel less betrayed, less fearful, less alienated. Anything to make me feel like I still counted as a person."

This really isn't as big of a deal as you're making it.

"I know others who have done far more than cry because of this. People who have no friend to turn to in those moments of betrayal, of fear, people who hate themselves already and you- you have put the knife in their hand."

Are you hearing this? "You have put the knife in their hand." Can you even get more emotionally manipulative and passive-aggressive than this? I don't think it's possible. She's basically saying "If people are so thin-skinned that they can't handle you not talking about your character's sexuality, whatever they do to themselves is your fault."

"I have done worse. Queer teenage girls are often betrayed by their heroes, I am afraid. You are not the first person I have looked up to that has given me a knife. You will not be the last. I refuse to take the knife from you, Mr. Ackles, or any other hero who follows. I do not care what you intended. I will not hold you hand so that you understand that the knife is there. I will be blunt, because you do not deserve kindness in this respect.

You are holding a knife, Mr. Ackles."

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOD

Guys, you don't understand how brave she is! This totally isn't Grade A manipulative, emotional abuse or anything! All she's saying is that by not wanting to kiss his male costar he's literally murdering queer people, that's all!

"You are breaking my queer little heart, Mr. Ackles. I will cry."

"Pretend that you are a queer teenage girl. (I know this is difficult for you. I know you find this ridiculous. Do it anyways, please.)"

No.

Also, there are literally paragraphs devoted to how it breaks her queer little heart that Supernatural doesn't revolve around her identity so I'm not even gonna bother touching that.

"Mr. Ackles, you misunderstand us. There are asexual fans who want Dean to be canonically bisexual. There are lesbians who want Dean to be canonically bisexual. I am queer, Mr. Ackles. I am not interested in sex with you, or your colleagues, and I am not interested in you and your colleagues having sex It’s silly I have to state this so specifically, and I am not often comfortable talking about my sexuality at great length, but let me be clear: I may be interested in all genders, but I prefer women. I greatly prefer women. I have no interest in any men currently, and have had no interest for three years."

THIS ENTIRE FUCKING LETTER IS ABOUT HOW YOU WANT HIM TO BE BISEXUAL, OF COURSE YOU'RE INTERESTED, YOU TWAT.

"I want Dean to be queer, and yes, I wish Dean and Castiel would end up together (though I know many people who want dean to be bisexual who do not) because I want to have the slow-burn, well-developed love story I have always been denied."

Seriously, "I have always been denied." She is so fucking entitled.

"When you look at us, you think we are basing this around lust. Mr Ackles, I do not give a fuck if Dean Winchester and Castiel have sex. I do not care if they kiss.I do not care.I want them to love each other, and I want them to admit it, on screen, so that I never have to hear another fratboy fan tell me that it is all in my head that these characters love each other, because that would be gross and wrong and perverted. So that I will have a love story with characters I identify with. So that I can have a queer romance that isn’t a tragedy. I know you do not control this. But it is your choice to react to the idea of Dean being bisexual with something along the lines of revulsion."

Because Jensen is required to discuss shipping or else he's a horrible person. This chick never even considers that fact that Jensen has probably been asked questions about Dean and Castiel more times than he can count and is sick of it by now. No, it's because he finds queer people repulsive. AGAIN, NOT LIBEL.

"And you cannot pretend that the show does not know we want Dean to be bisexual. There have been eight years of queerbaiting, growing more and more intense over the seasons. Your show profits off us by hinting that this character could be like us. Do not act surprised when we want that hinting to become a fact."

Ah, and now we come to the cornerstone of what makes up entitled Tumblrina shipping: Queerbaiting. For those who don't know, "queerbaiting" is an accusation that creators purposely inject homoerotic subtext into a work without the intention of actually making that queerness "canon." In other words, they're "teasing" LGBT people by hinting at a queer relationship but never actually fulfilling it.

The biggest problem with this concept is how incredibly subjective the undertones are. Shippers (not just gay shippers, but with every kind of shipping) have a bad habit of interpreting literally fucking everything that happens between characters as a sign of romantic interest. For example, Alice smiling at Bob and Bob smiling back will be held up as "proof" that Alice and Bob are in love but won't admit it yet. Or Alice telling Cecilia how much she treasures their friendship and Cecilia being moved by her speech is held up as solid evidence that Alice and Cecilia belong together. Now, that's not to say that these things can't be interpreted romantically, but they can damn well be interpreted as signs platonic affection (to most diehard shippers, platonic love doesn't seem to exist).

So you can basically twist anything into "queerbaiting" if you're so inclined. That's why it's a useless term. And again, it gives off a really bad air of entitlement; that last sentence sure as hell does. Nobody owes you anything.

"You are uncomfortable with us discussing Dean Winchester’s sexuality. You don’t seem to understand why we bring it up so much."

Again, Jensen can't even be uncomfortable with discussing this stupid shit. He's not allowed to have boundaries. He has to discuss this stupid fandom bullshit at length because otherwise he's literally stabbing queer teenage girls in their queer little hearts.

You know, fuck it, I'm done. There's only a paragraph or so left but it contains so much entitlement that, combined with the staggering amount of entitlement already present, is infecting me and making me want to shriek at my dad to buy me a brand-new sports car even though we can't afford it and I've done nothing to deserve it.

At the end of the day, nobody owes you anything. Jensen Ackles and the Supernatural screenwriters shouldn't be obligated to provide you with a perfect queer romance; they created the series, not you, and if that rubs you the wrong way you should just make your own series where you can control what goes on.

bvt_hooligan

it's "ah-nge-ree".
kiwifarms.net
Given that the fans of the show are mostly women who need their yaoi fix, people at conventions have been known to try and get the actors to answer questions about their gay ships.
The fandom changed their icons to some picture of Supernatural actor Misha Collins, because "lol so funny XD". The actor himself stated that it made him really uncomfortable...
There's also the tinhatters who are somehow convinced that the actors who play the brothers are totally in love and totally doing it. They document every single public appearance to look for clues of their sekrit love.
i find this shit to be sad and disgusting, since it clearly shows that in the end these fans don't care about or respect celebrities they claim to love, they care about getting off on "mah hawt gayz".

Shit Waifu

royal cunt
kiwifarms.net
I feel bad for the cast members, many of them seem like geninuely nice guys in their offscreen content, yet they’re constantly bombarded with the most awkward, disgusting bombardments from yaoi fangirls.

Haven’t gotten to the latter seasons, but I’ve heard some people say it starts to decay, which I would believe, since after ten seasons that tends to happen to the majority of television shows. I’m on season 8 right now.

Mrs Paul

Yinzer Kiwi
kiwifarms.net
My mother and my sister watched the show, but they've never been part of fandom groups or anything. (Thank god!) Neither of them are the type.
It's not like Ackles said, "eeeewww, faggots!!!" I mean, for all she knew, that by answering the question, he could've spoiled an upcoming plot (like his character comes out officially, or something?) Or else they just like keeping it under wraps? C'mon.
I'M personally more scared of her -- she's a little too obsessed and sounds like one of those fans that ends up on your doorstep with a knife or something. Isn't anybody worried about stalkers anymore?

Jesus Christ. (And incest is fucking gross. Stick with V.C. Andrews if you want to read that kind of thing.)

Dovahshit

geh odahviing, hin koraav ahst zu'u ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
kiwifarms.net
My mother and my sister watched the show, but they've never been part of fandom groups or anything. (Thank god!) Neither of them are the type.
It's not like Ackles said, "eeeewww, faggots!!!" I mean, for all she knew, that by answering the question, he could've spoiled an upcoming plot (like his character comes out officially, or something?) Or else they just like keeping it under wraps? C'mon.
I'M personally more scared of her -- she's a little too obsessed and sounds like one of those fans that ends up on your doorstep with a knife or something. Isn't anybody worried about stalkers anymore?

Jesus Christ. (And incest is fucking gross. Stick with V.C. Andrews if you want to read that kind of thing.)
in the meantime, its been 13 (!!!) seasons and people still hold onto the delusion that destiel
becomes canon.
sigh

Virago

Send a search party
kiwifarms.net
I recall when I was a wee internet bab that somebody posted a link in a 'fandumb horrors' thread on another site like Portal of Evil about how batshit insane the fans have gotten with this show (circa 2005 I think?) One of those links was to some craackpot fan's Livejournal page that showcased nothing but photomanips of Jensen and Ackles having the sexy times as Dean and Sam. That wasn't the horror - the true reason why it was posted is that about 80% of these manips were of them rectally disemboweling each other and shoving their innards through a meat grinder.

That image has stayed with me for a decade. Wish I remembered the link so I could spread the horror.

EDIT: I missed the post but think it might have been Mythagowood as listed earlier? My god that brings back a lot of nightmares, but I am not wholly sure. I have to dive in head first to find that infamous picture again. I think that person also had a few copycat artists as well.

Last edited:
Tags
None