Supernatural Fandom -

Iron Hamster

Calculated chaos
kiwifarms.net
Thank God it’s finally ending. SPN has the third worst fandom I’ve ever read about, if you exclude sportstards, religious, and political fandoms.

Has anyone actually watched the latest seasons to see what happens? How much more painfully bad has it gotten and how much more have they tortured the main characters?
They ran out of ideas 2 seasons ago which would have been a pretty cool homage to the show ending on season 13.
Can't believe they just kicked Crowley to the curb essentially.

Troonologist PhD

kiwifarms.net
They ran out of ideas 2 seasons ago which would have been a pretty cool homage to the show ending on season 13.
Can't believe they just kicked Crowley to the curb essentially.
I think they ran out of ideas long before then. This is stupid since they have all of world myth, folklore, legends, religion, occultism, and public domain to mine but they’re the most creatively bankrupt and lazy writers I’ve ever watched. They’re also beholden to fujos if they want to make a profit.

What happened post-s13?

QuokkaCaptain

The happiest of all the marsupials
kiwifarms.net
Supernatural is very similar to the original Dallas where no matter what details changed slightly the basic A plot is the same year after year and the main characters make the same mistakes for the same reasons over and over again .
Honestly, that's why i stopped watching years ago.

There's only so many times you can see the same problems get played out over and over and over, and the characters make the same dumbass mistakes over, and over, and over, before you stop caring. The show also suffered from "Kill A Character And Bring Them Back"-itis. A character dies once, and comes back? Emotional, if you pull it off right. Fifteen characters die and are sporadically brought back across the series? it takes all of the suspense and emotion out of it because you know they're coming back.

The fandom was a big part of it too. On Tumblr in 2013-2015, the SuperWhoLock dominance was being overcome by the SJW shit, and Supernatural suffered from a huge influx of Morality Police coming in to tell you how wrong everything was with everything, but especially the shows you like. Everyone was expected to bow before the altar and confess their fandom sins, and a lot of people ended up walking away from show and fandom both because they weren't into it.

bonitoflakeprincess

sys failure
kiwifarms.net
I think they ran out of ideas long before then. This is stupid since they have all of world myth, folklore, legends, religion, occultism, and public domain to mine but they’re the most creatively bankrupt and lazy writers I’ve ever watched. They’re also beholden to fujos if they want to make a profit.

What happened post-s13?
every time the SPN offical facebook would post about upcomming season, or post about season finale. I would keep saying there needs more jaldabaoth. I guess I'll just have to say it's Chuck.

Tags
None