Supernatural Fandom -

Beluga

Just a little white whale on the go
kiwifarms.net
I absolutely adored seasons 1 to 5, 6 and 8 were ok but the rest were absolute garbage. After years of following the show religiously I stopped watching it before or during season 9. There are only so many times they can rehash and bring back from the dead the same five characters over and over again. The show lost its charm completely and it just turned into a soap opera with religious elements and monsters. I still remember the show fondly and I'll rewatch the whole thing once it's all over, enjoying the first seasons and preparing to laugh at it as it approached the later seasons. At the end of the day it's just a tv show.

I guess this is what GoT fans felt but on a much smaller scale?

Cosplay Police

kiwifarms.net
Anyone remember Squirrel Girl?
maxresdefault.jpg

Honestly might make a thread about all of that

Iron Hamster

Days DSP has waited for Twitch apology: 22
kiwifarms.net
Even more uneventful finale.

Dean gets snuffed out half way through episode by vampire juggalo wannabes (I thought all that crap was suppose to be gone) and he goes to heaven. Sam is left to mourn, gets married somewhere, has a kid named Dean, grows old, dies, goes to heaven.

fuxetudeto

behold
kiwifarms.net

Dean gets snuffed out half way through episode by vampire juggalo wannabes (I thought all that crap was suppose to be gone) and he goes to heaven. Sam is left to mourn, gets married somewhere, has a kid named Dean, grows old, dies, goes to heaven.
Wait for real? That’s how it ended?

I’m glad I never watched past season three.

draggs

Kyle Avgvstvs, Antifvs Maximvs. AVE KYLE
kiwifarms.net

exactly the tired 'we aint got shit left we haven't for years it's over' ending supernatural stans deserve

i liked the show when the writing was fresh (up to what was originally supposed to be the end of the show as kripke envisioned it) and after that there were good stories fairly frequently (diminishing as time passed) and a good amount of funny throwaway episodes but i stopped watching entirely around the time of god's sister and then when i heard god turned heel just :story:

the fandom is responsible for how shitty the show became. CW saw the dollar signs these idiots kept bringing and ran that horse into the ground

did jesus ever show up

i mean god did and god is jesus but that's not the same as jesus showing up explicitly as jesus

that was the one thing that would have been great

draggs

Kyle Avgvstvs, Antifvs Maximvs. AVE KYLE
kiwifarms.net
lol. No which is surprising since they've had almost every other bible character. :story:
too bad

dean begging jesus to turn water into wine

sam begging him for forgiveness until jesus flips out and tells him "for all this occult lore shit you know and you don't know that i basically have to forgive you if you ask me? you only need to do it once bruh all you gotta do is mean it i mean cmon"

jesus chewing the scenery sternly chastising castiel about being gay for dean causing millions of tumblr pseuicides

Last edited:

Pink Gooze

Unironic Fujoshi(t)
kiwifarms.net

I already raged about this IRL so I’ll spare everyone that here. But that’s a real BS ending. The boys don’t even get to be happy together? Now that Chuck isn’t dictating their lives anymore? After everything one of them just dies while the other goes on to live a normal life?

Them dying together - fine. Them growing old, having normal lives, us getting a nice little montage of them through the years until we see them together in Heaven - also fine. But after all the bullshit they go through this is what happens to them?

Real talk, in the morning I expect AO3 to have a fucking rewrite of this shite that actually gives a solid, even bittersweet, ending that shares the tone of the show (so like no shoehorning ships, so it’ll read like it could have happened in canon). This ending just isn’t satisfying in the slightest. It just feels kinda hollow tbh.

Tho where was it said the monsters shouldn’t exist anymore? As far as I understood it Jack put everything back, including the monsters.

Beluga

Just a little white whale on the go
kiwifarms.net
So Castiel really got yeeted to hell for good? And he didn't even appear in the finale? JFC what a way to end the show lol

Iron Hamster

Days DSP has waited for Twitch apology: 22
kiwifarms.net
Tho where was it said the monsters shouldn’t exist anymore? As far as I understood it Jack put everything back, including the monsters.
I assumed so when they said they were finally free to live a normal life end of last episode. They're complaint of not being 'free' was being chained to fighting monsters and not having that normal life. This episode opened showing them doing the mundane things (not chasing boulders) of an average normal life.
So Castiel really got yeeted to hell for good? And he didn't even appear in the finale? JFC what a way to end the show lol
He's was actually in the empty and they asked Jack to save Castiel but they never showed anything. Dean met Bobby in heaven but not Castiel so.........

SamTheEagle

What if the true lolcow is inside us?
kiwifarms.net
Them dying together - fine. Them growing old, having normal lives, us getting a nice little montage of them through the years until we see them together in Heaven - also fine. But after all the bullshit they go through this is what happens to them?
Never watched the show, but it sounds like an ending more akin to the movie Secondhand Lions would have been appropriate. Two brothers live to their 90s and finally die trying to fly a biplane upside down under a bridge.

Begemot

This is a land of wolves now.....
kiwifarms.net
What a ride. Has there ever been a show where the 'apocrypha' as it were outnumbers the actual episodes? I stopped at season 10, before they really started recycling characters and making their deaths a hollow mockery.

This ending feels so tacked on and it feels so weird thinking about the show in its first season, how different it was and looked. I feel a varied array of emotions but I don't know if I could watch another episode. It went from one of my favourite shows to 'meh'.

Wallstromie

Martin Wallström stan
kiwifarms.net
Surprised to see this thread is sorta alive? Just found it. My best friend is a hardcore Supernatural and Destiel fan. And just as a bystander, man.. Shits wild.
I've come to find both the wincesties and destiel shippers equally annoying and whiny, they're all very entitled. When i dare watch clips of the show I'm just kind of baffled that this shit has such a huge and rabid fanbase.
I follow a couple pages about spn because of my friend, and it's usually all just people going "Haha yeah the show is shit but i got attached to it" get these poor souls therapy i really want them to learn to let go..