Supporting the Forum -

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Something seems to have changed with Brave, because now it seems to processing tips just fine for me. I've sent two transactions in the last 10 minutes. Kiwi Farms is coming up as verified with a little welcome From Null on the tip page. Also today I've been able to transfer small amounts of different Crypto Currencies I bought back when they were trendy, to my Browser for conversion to BAT.

This seems to be a straight forward simple process, where your wallet is literally in the same tab that you're browsing the farm with.

One suggestion though, is that while I realise the whole payment process is anonymous, it might encourage donations if there was some way to get acknowledgements/ reward etc.

I also notice The Guardian newspaper are an early adopter, they're tip page says they're only taking money to help keep the internet a 'clean and safe place' I wonder how long it will be before their mates in 'hope not hate' start trying to get Brave to unverify you.

Attachments

Last edited:

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Something seems to have changed with Brave, because now it seems to processing tips just fine for me. I've sent two transactions in the last 10 minutes. Kiwi Farms is coming up as verified with a little welcome From Null on the tip page.
It processes on the 5th of the month. Or thereabouts. It doesn't seem to be instant.

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It processes on the 5th of the month. Or thereabouts. It doesn't seem to be instant.
By process I mean the BAT is actually leaving my Wallet, prior to today the transactions weren't going through for me.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Anyone know what the recipient actually sees on their end? Is there a note if it's a recurring payment? Does it reuse sending addresses or use a new one every time like a sensible client?

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It might just be me, but looks like the current Brave link has a 404 error.
View attachment 798818
Curiously, that's all that broken.

The Farms are still noted as a creator when you check the reward panel.

Apparently, this is either a temporary thing so the asshole who were harassing Eich fuck off or this gay op actually worked somehow. Either way, only @Null might be able to clear this up, as Eich said he won't discuss these things publicly.

• Informative
Reactions: Great Dane

Wendy_Carter

The only gift I desire is a swift end...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kiwi Farms currently has section 5.2 (inciting violence, if I recall correctly) enforced of Brave's terms of use. I'm not too crypto/tech-savvy, but looks like sending BAT's through Brave browser is no longer an option.

1560455331947.png

Null is currently streaming about this. Will update the post with a link to the stream when it's available, so you can see it for yourself. Null will also make a post about this on the forum soon, so keep your eyes open.

Edit: The stream just ended, here's a link to a replay on DLive (most likely will be available until the next Wednesday or so).

Last edited:

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

And a teardrop emits from Reshiram's eye
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure how they're enforcing it, I just sent over 10.0 BAT to null right through brave and it appears to have gone through. I'll wait to see if I get a refund.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure how they're enforcing it, I just sent over 10.0 BAT to null right through brave and it appears to have gone through. I'll wait to see if I get a refund.
Brave Software is not capable of regulating all transactions on the blockchain. I'm going to wait for their reply to some questions and then I'll post a write-up. I don't actually fully understand what they're pulling from me at the moment.

Splendid

Castigat ridendo mores
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Interestingly, Jordan Peterson has announced a new payment processor that's specifically aimed at freedom of speech. He's got big mainstream credentials, This might be what we need.

Fish-Eyed Fool

You just suck on that sucker, sucka.
kiwifarms.net
“First banned” seems to be an unlucky trait of yours around a lot of places. And yeah I have my doubts when it comes to Peterson. He’d fold under the pressure of the Anglo menace like a lawn chair. You’d have a better chance with Dick Masterson.

Last edited:

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
“First banned” seems to be an unlucky trait of yours around a lot of places. And yeah I have my doubts when it comes to Peterson. He’d fold under the pressure of the Anglo menace like a lawn chair. You’d have a better chance with Dick Masterson.
Let's keep pulling it though. Frankly, if the KF is the first harmless discussion forum banned from some bullshit attempt to gain credibility by some loser, that should be the first nail in its coffin.

If we're not safe there, you aren't either.

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Let's keep pulling it though. Frankly, if the KF is the first harmless discussion forum banned from some bullshit attempt to gain credibility by some loser, that should be the first nail in its coffin.

If we're not safe there, you aren't either.
All it took was some moral degenerates threatening to smear and harass Brave, and they bent the knee.

Ironic, considering their founder created Brave because that was done to HIM.

The charges the harassers brought up were utter bullshit, they never pointed to anything on the actual forums that was a problem, and I'm willing to bet Brendan Eich and his employees got a bunch of threats in their inboxes telling them to either roll over and play dead or forums and blogs were gonna pop up all over the internet smearing them as pedophiles and criminals, and instead of telling the libelers to fuck off, they wimped out and let themselves be blackmailed into submission.

I refuse to believe otherwise given the parties we know to be behind this crap.

Reactions: Mr. 0
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino