Supporting the Forum -

XxxmarijnxxX

Sosotiy Cardăsa-ra Terăm-ra oça’adep de’ek
kiwifarms.net

Tiny Clanger

Sigh...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@Null soz mate, I know you hate being tagged. But it's about money so you might forgive...

1) Add the MATI to the "how to donate." For those of us outside the US, the easy options like Privacy and prepaid cards aren't an option, and I've told a couple of people about the MATI because it's piss-easy wherever we are and you benefit from a regular source of income (including "dead" donors) rather than whatever-i-can-squeeze-out-of-the-tight-fuckers and capital drives (bonus: no VAT for Brits. Unlike Patreon)

2) do you have a business adviser and/or tax planner? KF is essentially a small business, and the financial structure of those are the least likely to grow in sophistication because it's sooooo boring.

3) fridge magnets. Just cos I want one.

Tiny Clanger

Sigh...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1) oh for fucksake (not you. You know what I mean)

2) that's the point. If KF makes losses, at least utilise them for tax purposes. I can't advise cos US tax laws are different (and it's been aeons since I worked in tax) but, say you get £30k p/a and you just accept it as JCM, it's all taxable. Throw it into a separate business account, pay yourself a salary, only pay tax on the salary (caveats, US tax laws etc etc etc) That's just one very rough example. KF has legit business and capital expenses and simple changes can maximise your dosh.

Last edited:

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does it have to be a single transaction using BAT? Because the highest it will let me pay is 100.0 BAT, which is just $19.23.

Reactions: Dork Of Ages

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Does it have to be a single transaction using BAT? Because the highest it will let me pay is 100.0 BAT, which is just $19.23.
If you link your wallet to Uphold and verify it, you can send any amount of BAT directly to Null's wallet address. And then Brave won't skim 5% of the amount, which it does when you tip someone.

Leonard Helplessness

kiwifarms.net
I've run into an issue with one of the methods discussed in the OP:

Privacy.com
Privacy.com is a way to create gift cards online without revealing any of your own details to the merchant. If you want to send a gift card very easily, just sign up, plug in some funding source, and then create a "Merchant" account (not specific to any service) with a "Total" value of whatever you intend on donating. Send the details of this card over PM.
I'm not sure this is accurate. Per the site, they have only merchant cards and single-use cards. Merchant cards lock to the first payee they're used on, and single-use cards close after one transaction.

1589656851139.png
(link)

Also, it appears that if you send the card information to someone, you can see all transactions they make. I'm not sure this service is really usable for creating/sending gift cards to people.

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@Null, which payment network cut you off? I didn't see a mention of it in your updated OP, or am I just blind?

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not him, old friend.
I'm starting to understand why you want the government pressure put on the banks and payment processors. Shit, dude, I thought you had a good thing going with np2 donations. It fucking sucks that your own government is trying to silence you and this community you build up, even though it should be protected under the 1st Amendment.

I like it here. I don't want this community to go away, man...

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I'm starting to understand why you want the government pressure put on the banks and payment processors. Shit, dude, I thought you had a good thing going with np2 donations. It fucking sucks that your own government is trying to silence you and this community you build up, even though it should be protected under the 1st Amendment.

I like it here. I don't want this community to go away, man...
If the site could run AdSense we'd probably see at least $10k a month and I'd have employees at this point helping me develop shit and aggregate fun news across the site. It'd be a whole different world.

Tags
None