Supporting the Forum -

Shoggoth

kiwifarms.net
What's the rundown on exchanges shutting down accounts sending Jersh internet funny money? Is it just Coinbase or Binance, too?

hundredpercent

kiwifarms.net
What's the rundown on exchanges shutting down accounts sending Jersh internet funny money? Is it just Coinbase or Binance, too?
Chainalysis has a fairly sophisticated program to find "right-wing extremists", and pretty much all exchanges use Chainalysis (they're blacklisted if they don't). So they all get a special notice if you send money to Josh, but they can choose not to act on it.

Coinbase is extremely paranoid about laws and Binance is extremely lax, so it may be that Binance ignores it, but I would be careful about the regulated US-based exchanges.

Banworld

Never knows best.
kiwifarms.net
Are there any cryptos you prefer? I'm holding LBC right now, but I might transfer it to something else since they're being unlisted by Bittrex. I know Bitcoin is good since it's the most used and most likely to actually become a currency. But if you're looking to increase your holdings in other cryptos I'll start using those.

Bender

Bender Bee Rodriguez
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are there any cryptos you prefer? I'm holding LBC right now, but I might transfer it to something else since they're being unlisted by Bittrex. I know Bitcoin is good since it's the most used and most likely to actually become a currency. But if you're looking to increase your holdings in other cryptos I'll start using those.
As long as it's worth $20 and he has a wallet for it it should be fine.

PM/email him a screenshot of the transaction, just to be sure he knows it was from you.

Not Really Here

"You're a small, irrelevant island nation"
kiwifarms.net
You should be able to send directly from Uphold to one of my Ethereum addresses.
Do you get BAT tipped to the site without the Uphold verification?
I'm done with giving more people my ID online, but will still donate without that, otherwise I'll just turn off the ads on Brave.

Not Really Here

"You're a small, irrelevant island nation"
kiwifarms.net
Yes but it's run through an anti fraud system and payouts are indirect. I can't reward people for it.
Understood and accepted.
I don't really care much about the award(can't really care about what you never had) as long as you get some of the fake computer monies you enjoy for your efforts.
Thanks for your efforts bro.

Bender

Bender Bee Rodriguez
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A barrel of banana peppers, for when his seedlings inevitably go the way of the basil.
RIP @Null's basil plant. :(

He should grow a money tree instead, those things are practically indestructible (and you can steal leaves from other plants so you don't even need to buy them). Also put them in actual sunlight, like on your windowsill, instead of having a UV lamp unless you wanna be raided by feds.

AnOminous

とても可愛い
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The general rule is if you are using an exchange connected to the U.S. banking system in any way, and subject to KYC/AML/USA PATRIOT in general, do not use it for anything remotely sketchy. Use a wallet you control. Remember, if you don't have the private key, you don't own the actual coin, you just have a promise from some company that yeah, we're really keeping it for you. I.e. you do not control the coin, you just have a promise, inferior even to fiat currency, that some bunch of bozos you don't even know have an account in your name that has something denominated in a crypto, but they might not even actually have that.

Keep your crypto under your own control, then you can do whatever you want with it and the government can suck your dick.
RIP @Null's basil plant. :(
I don't even understand how you kill basil. Dude must have a brown thumb.

Botchy Galoop

Socially Distant
kiwifarms.net
The general rule is if you are using an exchange connected to the U.S. banking system in any way, and subject to KYC/AML/USA PATRIOT in general, do not use it for anything remotely sketchy. Use a wallet you control. Remember, if you don't have the private key, you don't own the actual coin, you just have a promise from some company that yeah, we're really keeping it for you. I.e. you do not control the coin, you just have a promise, inferior even to fiat currency, that some bunch of bozos you don't even know have an account in your name that has something denominated in a crypto, but they might not even actually have that.

Keep your crypto under your own control, then you can do whatever you want with it and the government can suck your dick.

I don't even understand how you kill basil. Dude must have a brown thumb.
Interesting. This year for the first time, my tax accountant asked me if I had any crypto to declare.
Can I assume that if I have a private wallet that there is no way for all my dogecoin to be traced to me?
(Kidding about the doge, not about the rest.)

twozero

Major league swagout
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Interesting. This year for the first time, my tax accountant asked me if I had any crypto to declare.
Can I assume that if I have a private wallet that there is no way for all my dogecoin to be traced to me?
(Kidding about the doge, not about the rest.)
If you obtained it from an exchange with KYC then they know how much you purchased and what addresses you’ve withdrawn to. Unless you’re using something like XMR they can reasonably follow where it goes from there too. Coinbase (and presumably others) provide this info the IRS once you’ve gone above an arbitrary amount bought.

You can try to get forward privacy from that stage with something like an equal-output Coinjoin (not a custodial tumbler!) however this will cost miner fees and there have been a few recent instances of account closures.

Make sure you’re using a wallet with coin control so you can label where each transaction comes from and keep different sources separate— I like Sparrow (desktop) + ColdCard (hardware wallet to sign txs) for BTC.

tl;dr - buy crypto P2P if you’re doing anything even remotely questionable. Get your coins off of exchanges as they’ll fuck you at a whim. Get familiar with privacy tools now anyway, as the state may eventually try to fuck you regardless (i.e. Executive Order 6102) and you may have to react quickly.

Last edited:

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
If anyone has any suggestions to make this more aesthetic lmk

1618402921352.png