Supporting the Forums -

• Stinky Indonesians are trying to spam the forum with ad placement links. If you see a post containing inline links or direct link placements to what seem like commercial products, only somewhat related to the thread, please report it. Fake passports/documents and brand name clothing like shoes seem common.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Hi,

The forum's web host has been pulled from my tab and is now sitting on a PayPal account.

What this means
  1. The future of the forum is now more heavily leaned on to our staff.
  2. If the account runs dry, the forums will likely be closed unless I decide to pay for things myself.

You may contribute $2.50 monthly, or $20 once to the forum by donating through this page.
http://kiwifarms.net/account/upgrades

This entitles you to a special "True and Honest Fan" banner, + access to a Supporter forum that is visible only to other contributors and staff. This board has no intended purpose but it's hidden and therefore important.

Our bill is a modest $40 a month, $11 a year. This may increase with traffic.

Should we raise more money than is required to meet ends, the remainder will be used to buy and frame Chris' drawings used to buy Jace weed saved in the account in case at some point in the future it is needed.

Alternatively, if you are looking for a webhost, I strongly suggest using Linode. They're great. If you buy a server from them using this link, I get kickbacks, so do that.
https://www.linode.com/?r=a45975c205eab4330aedf315c7005b7e450771cb

Thanks.

Last edited:

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I say if we get considerably over a years hosting funds we should do something cool with the extra money for the people who donated. Dunno what tho
We've reached ~$320 in raw funds with 7 recurring payments, one shy of the 8 required to keep the servers running without incurring additional expense. If none of these recurring payments drop by the end of the year, we'd only spend $41 of that $320... which has already been collected from ad revenue since March.

I've asked Katsu to look into a CPU upgrade from Linode, because that's where our box is bottle necking.

I posted this elsewhere, but because of the overwhelming response I feel somewhat obligated to keep things going smoothly.
My plans for this weekend are:
  • Fix the forum rules mod that broke with the last XenForo upgrade (it's why the Deagle Nation board lost its rules).
  • Upgrade the server to something with superior CPU to help with prime time bottle necking.
Any additional requests should go in the previous suggestions and updates thread.

This feels like it contradicts the whole "not being apart of shit" idea, and it does to an extent. I'm still letting others manage community decisions, but Katsu doesn't want shell access so any of the stuff I just mentioned falls on me. The only options here are: I do it, or it doesn't happen. I'd feel less guilty if I didn't have people literally throwing money at the forum to keep it up.

E

EI 903

kiwifarms.net
We've reached ~$320 in raw funds with 7 recurring payments, one shy of the 8 required to keep the servers running without incurring additional expense. If none of these recurring payments drop by the end of the year, we'd only spend $41 of that $320... which has already been collected from ad revenue since March.

I've asked Katsu to look into a CPU upgrade from Linode, because that's where our box is bottle necking.

I posted this elsewhere, but because of the overwhelming response I feel somewhat obligated to keep things going smoothly.
My plans for this weekend are:
  • Fix the forum rules mod that broke with the last XenForo upgrade (it's why the Deagle Nation board lost its rules).
  • Upgrade the server to something with superior CPU to help with prime time bottle necking.
Any additional requests should go in the previous suggestions and updates thread.

This feels like it contradicts the whole "not being apart of shit" idea, and it does to an extent. I'm still letting others manage community decisions, but Katsu doesn't want shell access so any of the stuff I just mentioned falls on me. The only options here are: I do it, or it doesn't happen. I'd feel less guilty if I didn't have people literally throwing money at the forum to keep it up.

Thanks, Null.

Holdek

Down to where? All that is down is only my unclit.
kiwifarms.net
I say if we get considerably over a years hosting funds we should do something cool with the extra money for the people who donated. Dunno what tho
We could send Chris a care package with Legos, in their name.

More seriously though, they could be donated to a charity, maybe one of these since it's Chris-related: http://theautismsite.greatergood.com/clickToGive/aut/partners

It doesn't have to be all-or-nothing. You could just reduce your role to sysop, doing technical stuff, and otherwise just hang out and have fun like regular members, and let admins handle more of the community stuff. That way you can enjoy the project aspect of the work without having to deal with any drama headaches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.