Horrorcow Susan Schofield Cabana, Cory Cabana, & Michael Schofield / Schofield Productions / @bipolarnation - A Tragicomic Tale of Psychiatric Munchausen's by Proxy

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

Cataloons

Kiwis gonna kiwi.
kiwifarms.net
Having done some research, I'm not sure that this is actually a case of munchausen syndrome by proxy. It's a bit of a semantics issue, I suppose, but medical types do love their semantics. As far as I'm aware, MSBP is specifically related to the faking of symptoms a disease in a child, rather than insisting particular medications (such as over medicating) is needed for the well-being of the child. All of the (probably) stage videos seem to be an attempt to prove that the kids need more medication because Susan says so, rather than doing something to make the kids sicker.

Child abuse? Absolutely. MSBP? I'm not so sure.

Rosa_Rojo

Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
The psychiatrist appointment has been rescheduled a SECOND time. According to Susan, Kaiser rescheduled it. It's now on the 28th, in person at an actual office (no Skype involved).

The good news is that the DCFS worker can now attend, as he/she will be back from vacation.

The bad news is that Michael, who already booked a ticket out there for the 14th, probably cannot attend. He confronted Susan about the date changes, suspicions about her doing this on purpose. She denied it, of course, then threatened him with court action for him not following "doctors orders" in regards to giving/not giving Bodhi Thorazine while Bodhi was in dystonia (visibly shaking).

Jani is a vegetarian. She has been for many years, if not all her life.

Her diet consists mainly of macaroni & cheese, French fries with cheese sauce, veggie fajitas, and some potato- vegetable hot dish concoction Susan makes on occasion. Throw in ice cream, chocolate cake, Starbucks frappuccinos. And occasionally potato cakes from McDonald's, and that's the well-rounded lineup of food in Jani's diet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deadbeat Mario

it's been one of those days
kiwifarms.net
So my question is why is Cory sitting opposite of Bodhi if he's the one who usually helps him eat? Susan sure as hell isn't willing to help the poor kid. Were the Schofields trying to prove to us that Bodhi actually needs help eating because people didn't like it when Cory would infantilize him by feeding him? I legitimately can't tell if they're trying to prove to us that he can eat on his own or if he can't.

Also, I think the reason Cory gets along so well with Bodhi is because they're both autistic. Well, that or he's grooming Bodhi. Maybe both! I think a lot of Cory's weird behaviors and mannerisms (i.e.- not saying I love you, marrying someone he just met, his temper, and being unable to keep a job) can be explained by autism. But as we all know, autism is no excuse for shitty behavior, and autistic or not, he's still a creep.

Muttnik

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
I don't think Jani KNOWS whether or not she's really a vegetarian. Poor parenting coupled with the autistic need for repetition probably wills her to just stay with the five basic foods she feels comfortable with. And while that's okay when you're a teen with at least a functioning metabolism, it's gonna wreck her something fierce when she gets to her 30's. She's lost a little weight from the looks of it lately but she's already in super poor health. A little more pushing from mommy and she'll balloon enough for our boy Dobson to get sweaty over.

Bodhi just seems completely checked out. I'm not sure if it's been the lighting in the past few vids but he's unnaturally pale lately. Couple that with the increased seizures and you got a recipe for tragedy. I really hopes he survives the year.

Piga Dgrifm

Assigned Hitler At Birth
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Having done some research, I'm not sure that this is actually a case of munchausen syndrome by proxy. It's a bit of a semantics issue, I suppose, but medical types do love their semantics. As far as I'm aware, MSBP is specifically related to the faking of symptoms a disease in a child, rather than insisting particular medications (such as over medicating) is needed for the well-being of the child. All of the (probably) stage videos seem to be an attempt to prove that the kids need more medication because Susan says so, rather than doing something to make the kids sicker.

I think it is MSBP, but an unusual case of it.

The interesting thing is that most MSBP cases, at least the ones I've seen in the news or in documentaries, involve the parents trying to make the kids seem like they have a (often mysterious and unknown) physical illness, so they do things like overdose their kids with salt to make them sick. Susan is unique because she wants it to appear her kids have a specific mental illness, something that can't be faked by slipping something toxic into the kids' food. So, she has to make her kids display symptoms another way. In some of the videos, it's clear she's trying to provoke the kids into reacting in a way that makes them seem "psychotic" (when in reality they're just responding to her over-stimulating them and yelling at them, or are having a typical childhood tantrum that's made worse by Susan's responses). Look at the Psychosis video on the old channel, whenever Jani starts to calm down, Susan tries redirecting her attention all over the place to make her seem out of control.

sugarcummies

kiwifarms.net

Munchausen by Proxy is marked by doctor shopping for the best, most special diagnosis that will get the parent the most sympathy and attention for having a sicky-wicky child. Usually it is done by faking physical illness by causing injury, yes. But that's what makes psychiatric munchausen even more sinister and harder to detect.

Susan never needed to poison her children for a diagnosis. She didn't need to give them mysterious bruises. All she had to do with Jani is get her to parrot a psychotic narrative and give her no structure or discipline. Mental illness is diagnosed through behavior, not through physical exams, so it's much easier to fake without raising red flags. Just get your kid to say she's going to cut her hand off and entertain her imaginary friend world, and never punish her for acting like a sperg.

This kind of MBP is rare and, if it was a perfect world, the Schofield case would be in textbooks for the rest of history.

formerfatcow

Current Skinny Bitch
kiwifarms.net
Susan cheering on an 11 year old for finally landing a spoonful of pasta in his mouth after shoveling multiple spoonfuls into his lap would be hilarious if it weren’t so goddamn depressing. Same thing with her celebrating Jani’s bear drawing that looks like something a pre-schooler could draw.

Also something about Susan just flicking crumbs off Bodhi’s face with her bare fingers instead of wiping them off with a napkin really irks me.

Red81

kiwifarms.net
I think she does have MBP along with a personality disorder......I think I'm right in thinking most of the medications the kids take can actually cause the signs and symptoms of mental illness and these were being fed to children's brains. once she had managed to get those, by manipulating a young child's imagination and just generally driving them insane she had all she needed. The damage said medication will have done to the developing brain has then made it much easier for Susan to continue this shit show. So in a way she has created the illnesses from the medications....not that she has really created schizophrenia just a presentation of it......not a particularly good one....she has definitely had to find a few quacks along the way too.

Tiny Clanger

Knitted back to Fabulous
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've seen two people whose complexion was like Bodhi's has been in the last few videos and they both died within three months.

It could be from his gut issues. They 've said he has constipation and that he's gone in the bath, he's on meds that screw with gut motility, and he's not very active. He likely has impacted bowels and it's really fucking horrible - it affects your entire system, including a charming skin colour palette from pale to grey to yellow to green. And it can kill him.

It's utterly appalling it's not being managed, either medically or by his fucknut mother. I wrote a long sperg a couple of pages (p.304) back because it's not only serious, it's an invitation to get him into the hands of doctors working in areas of medicine outside psych - the hard science of gastroenterology trumps soft psychology.

Last edited:

large_farva

~~gentle hugs~~
kiwifarms.net
Susan has been pushing the vegetarian agenda on Jani for a long time, either that or Jani 'wanted' to be vegatarian* (of course only to please mommy, clap clap clap, rubsssss hands)
FoYDiZL.png

I think Susan was using very high doses of benadryl to induce hallucinations in her children from the start. She probably figured it out by accident with Jani trying to get her to sleep or something.

This is absolutely Munchhausen's by proxy

Exacerbating, exaggerating or faking illness or symptoms in your children for attention and sympathy for yourself. It's absolutely possible for someone to do this with mental illness, it is just less researched because it is not easy to catch or prove, as you can see in this case.

As for Bodhi's complexion. A leak reported that Cory started them on magnesium supplements. Given the wrong kind or or too high of a dosage, it can build in the system because the kidneys can only process so much. As it builds, it can reach toxic levels. Or it could just be the insanely high doses of meds and side effects from that.

Last edited:

howyadoin

Here’s the tea
kiwifarms.net
I've been lurking this thread for a while and my feelings have already been expressed by others in this thread. Just looking at photos of young Jani and Bodhi compared to them now terrifies me.

Anyway, I thought I would feel somewhat relieved if Bodhi dies because he gets freed from abuse, but knowing the real possibility that he may die soon, I feel like I will get really angry instead, especially at Susan.

ans1a

kiwifarms.net
Susan has been pushing the vegetarian agenda on Jani for a long time, either that or Jani 'wanted' to be vegan (of course only to please mommy, clap clap clap, rubsssss hands)
FoYDiZL.png

Rate me :optimistic:, but I think Susie's bullshitting, and the vegetarianism is and always has been Jani's idea. Susan is too batshit for ideals. She's been a crazy liberal, an atheist, a Messianic Jew (now married to a euphoric atheist), a megachurch enthusiast, etc. Further, her house is a pigsty, she's constantly in debt, and she apparently lives in a constant state of agitated mania. Do you really think she'd go out of her way to buy (we know she barely cooks) a vegetarian meal, after a day's worth of frenzied LA Psych screenwriting? Would she even remember?

If anything, being a committed vegetarian at 16 indicates idealism and discipline, both of which are alien to Susan. Also, who loves animals that much? Girls with Aspergers. It's a trope. People talk about it all over the Internet, so there's no excuse for Dr. Rizvi or Michael not to know. Jani might as well draw "SAVE ME, TEMPLE GRANDIN" in big letters on her forehead.

Anyway, Jani's vegetarianism is an excellent sign. She has her own opinions, despite Susie dearest's best efforts (also, the perpetual drug fog). You do you, Jani.

large_farva

~~gentle hugs~~
kiwifarms.net
You might have a point there, especially considering Jani's genuine look of hurt and confusion when Cory verbally attacked her over it out of nowhere at NYE dinner. Nice too, since she doesn't have any control over the grocery shopping, to shame her for not eating more vegetables.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Rate me :optimistic:, but I think Susie's bullshitting, and the vegetarianism is and always has been Jani's idea. Susan is too batshit for ideals. She's been a crazy liberal, an atheist, a Messianic Jew (now married to a euphoric atheist), a megachurch enthusiast, etc. Further, her house is a pigsty, she's constantly in debt, and she apparently lives in a constant state of agitated mania. Do you really think she'd go out of her way to buy (we know she barely cooks) a vegetarian meal, after a day's worth of frenzied LA Psych screenwriting? Would she even remember?

If anything, being a committed vegetarian at 16 indicates idealism and discipline, both of which are alien to Susan. Also, who loves animals that much? Girls with Aspergers. It's a trope. People talk about it all over the Internet, so there's no excuse for Dr. Rizvi or Michael not to know. Jani might as well draw "SAVE ME, TEMPLE GRANDIN" in big letters on her forehead.

Anyway, Jani's vegetarianism is an excellent sign. She has her own opinions, despite Susie dearest's best efforts (also, the perpetual drug fog). You do you, Jani.

Well Temple Grandin came up with more humane ways to slaughter cows for beef production, and is not a vegetarian. But Temple actually spent time on a working farm as a kid, and thousands of hours in slaughter houses, so she has a far more realistic understanding of beef production than most people.

Kids who’s only experience with meat is cellophane packages in the grocery stores and pictures of cows in their books tend to be more idealistic.

I’d be curious if Susan is really a vegetarian. She’s obbsessed with her weight and would have been a teen when the thinking on weight loss was carbs were good and meat/fats were the devil. Given Susan’s mania carbs are probably the perfect food to fuel it.