Horrorcow Susan Schofield Cabana, Cory Cabana, & Michael Schofield / Schofield Productions / @bipolarnation - A Tragicomic Tale of Psychiatric Munchausen's by Proxy

astrothot

kiwifarms.net
She would have nowhere to go but you mention DCFS, so yeah, technically she would. The answer is always easy, the doing is the hard part. She is, but this thread is proof that the world doesn't care and you need to do things yourself and not expect it from anyone else without conditions attached. Susan is and always will be one of the worst options for her. People who have been abused as children always have it like this.
I think you know DCFS isn't a real option for her.

cactus

Cactus Juice Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
I think you know DCFS isn't a real option for her.
It is, she just chooses not to because the unknown is scary, she has a childlike mentality, and she still has some form of attachment to her mother and loves her. It's a possibility for her until she's 21 because of her mental handicaps. I'm not blaming her, it's not really her fault and she's inside the situation, she can't see what we see and probably won't for a while if she does since her brain is still developing and doesn't have much life experience.

astrothot

kiwifarms.net
It is, she just chooses not to because the unknown is scary, she has a childlike mentality, and she still has some form of attachment to her mother and loves her. It's a possibility for her until she's 21 because of her mental handicaps. I'm not blaming her, it's not really her fault and she's inside the situation, she can't see what we see and probably won't for a while if she does since her brain is still developing and doesn't have much life experience.
It's way more complicated than that. She's been conditioned to distrust others and believes a lot of lies about DCFS. She doesn't just have "some form of attachment" to Susan, the instinct to love your mother is stronger than the instinct to avoid pain. Even Gypsy Rose Blanchard loves her mom. Leaving Susan's house is different from being taken by authorities. She would have to reject Susan and say goodbye to her, possibly forever. We know that this is the best thing for Jani but she quite literally can't put 2 and 2 together. She probably also believes that leaving Susan means never seeing Bodhi again, and she might be right about that. The group home probably made her adhere to a routine and behave in a socially acceptable manner. That's more responsibility than Jani has ever had to handle in her life. From Jani's perspective, there's nothing to gain and everything to lose if she goes back.

Read one book on developmental psychology and come back and tell me Jani has a real choice here. This isn't just a case of "it's easier said than done," I don't think Jani will ever be able to leave without outside intervention, even if she is fully aware of the MBP, which I doubt.

IdisC

kiwifarms.net
Plus, you don't get an actual overview of how wrong your childhood situation is until you've seen all the other options.

A common thing with childhood neglect is the child realizing it step by step. First they notice it 'feels wrong' or their parents make them uncomfortable because they see their friends having different lives , but it's still home. Then there's the disillusionment filled with confusion because of the lack of knowledge on how it could be better.
Then there's the need to get out as an older teen or young adult. And only after having been out for a while the adult gets the complete picture.

Jani is probably at the first stage after the foster family, she's not a cow yet, she's been missing half her brain and never got to experience any normalcy at other people's houses at all untill the foster family. There's no way she's already at the point of wanting to get out, and as long as she's kept drugged again it's maybe never gonna happen.

She did not go through the same developmental steps as a normal person would so she's not going to make the logical choices unless she's tasted a bit more normalcy, but her age makes it impossible to get her back to that normalcy because she's supposedly self sufficient.

Fullmetal Autist

sorry bitch I don't say sorry
kiwifarms.net
I believe the option to stay with DCFS until 21 is available if you already placed with a foster family by 18, you can stay in their care like "child" until 21...and anyway, after deciding she wanted to go back with her mom, it's not like Jani now that she is legal adult can just go back in DCFS. They provide the until-21 option for people who are still in the system after turn 18. Jani chose to go back to Susan, so she can't get re-removed from the care by CPS as a 18 year old--unless, as others have also said, the Adult Protective Services would get involved.

• Disagree
Reactions: Bunny at Law

KifflomKween

Ay up mi cow
kiwifarms.net
She did not go through the same developmental steps as a normal person would so she's not going to make the logical choices unless she's tasted a bit more normalcy, but her age makes it impossible to get her back to that normalcy because she's supposedly self sufficient.
It's a very unfortunate and all too common situation. At this point she has to take what little normalcy she has experienced and work from there, on her own. With the drugs and everything else, I doubt that's going to happen. She will likely go downhill until her mother has destroyed her beyond the point of return, or until she meets some guy like Gypsy Rose did and becomes like her mother.

cactus

Cactus Juice Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
It's way more complicated than that. She's been conditioned to distrust others and believes a lot of lies about DCFS. She doesn't just have "some form of attachment" to Susan, the instinct to love your mother is stronger than the instinct to avoid pain. Even Gypsy Rose Blanchard loves her mom. Leaving Susan's house is different from being taken by authorities. She would have to reject Susan and say goodbye to her, possibly forever. We know that this is the best thing for Jani but she quite literally can't put 2 and 2 together. She probably also believes that leaving Susan means never seeing Bodhi again, and she might be right about that. The group home probably made her adhere to a routine and behave in a socially acceptable manner. That's more responsibility than Jani has ever had to handle in her life. From Jani's perspective, there's nothing to gain and everything to lose if she goes back.

Read one book on developmental psychology and come back and tell me Jani has a real choice here. This isn't just a case of "it's easier said than done," I don't think Jani will ever be able to leave without outside intervention, even if she is fully aware of the MBP, which I doubt.
Calm down, just because I'm being logical and not going into long diatribes doesn't mean I don't know what's up. Plus it looks like you ignored half of what I said or lacked comprehension of it. Jani is not unique and special, all abused children go through having to accept what a POS their parent/s at some point and she lacks the life experience to. I'm repeating what I said, so I probably won't bother responding to you after this.

MiniMuffin

kiwifarms.net
I believe the option to stay with DCFS until 21 is available if you already placed with a foster family by 18, you can stay in their care like "child" until 21...and anyway, after deciding she wanted to go back with her mom, it's not like Jani now that she is legal adult can just go back in DCFS. They provide the until-21 option for people who are still in the system after turn 18. Jani chose to go back to Susan, so she can't get re-removed from the care by CPS as a 18 year old--unless, as others have also said, the Adult Protective Services would get involved.

I do not know about in California but I know in some other states such as New York, youth who leave the foster care system when they turn 18 can choose to return at any time until they turn 21.

Clockwork_PurBle

Did anyone catch the game last night?
kiwifarms.net
Today I picked up an "angel" from the Salvation Army tree at my university for Christmas, which I am surprised is even a thing since "muh Salvation Army hates the gays" or whatever tumblr says.

It reminded me of this thread. We see a lot of Kiwis here talk about how much they want to help Jani and Bodhi - everyone does that isn't a harpy like Susan. But unfortunately we can't really help them; the best thing we can do is to continue to document everything here so they aren't completely forgotten.

But we can all do something to help other children and teens in need. Granted, most needy under-18s aren't in situations like Jani and Bodhi's, but they're still in their own bad places.

Pick up an angel form your own SA or other places that do them. Donate to toy and stuffed animal drives. Donate items directly to foster homes instead of money. Donate to food pantries. Donate to charities specifically for infants and needy mothers. Not being preachy here at all, but giving it 'tis the season I wanted to bring this back to the front of the thread readers' minds.

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
Something to understand about abused children/adults. Those like Jani with intellectual issues are more likely to go back to the abuser because it is her norm. There are no rules there is no reprecussions. Susan says she is sick so there is no culpability. The outside DCFS world had rules it probably was attempting to show her that her mothers decisions were wrong.

Jani can never be a lolcow she is never going to be able to be an adult in her abilities and shes a puppet now for her mother.

Funny thing is techincally Susan isnt even full on lolcow shes just a sad sick woman with psychiatric issues.

The true cow is her father who came here pretending to be someone else to gain notorarity and attention instead of doing anything to save his daughter from her situation.

Constellationzero

kiwifarms.net
Especially when Michael is out late night "tutoring", i.e. gobbling on someone's knob.
Hey--He is filming a sooper cereal DOCUMENTARY (at the local forest preserve bathrooms)!!!!!

Please do not besmirch this STUNNING and BRAVE MFA arteestic genius or his complicit wife who will gleefully allow magnum opus number two:
Shiny New Babby: Gee Golly Whillikers, now THIS kid has schizophrenia!

cactus

Cactus Juice Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
Mamma Schofield will make sure that stops again. I hate to say it but I give it a year tops before she manages to find some shitheel doctor to get Jani back on her favorite cocktail of brain melters.
I meant more in the general sense, but we'll see where she's at when she's 25.

• Optimistic
Reactions: heavycream

Therealhomor

kiwifarms.net
I know I'm the reigning king of rainbows :optimistic: in this thread but I suspect Jani is smarter than a lot of us give her credit for, and knows very well that Susan is full of shit. But she still loves her and still prefers living in her home to foster care's crapshoot broken system, so she just reads Susie's scripts and rambles long enough for her mom to get her daily dopamine rush and moves on to writing Coco fanfiction and dancing.

Harpie Susan

kiwifarms.net
I know I'm the reigning king of rainbows :optimistic: in this thread but I suspect Jani is smarter than a lot of us give her credit for, and knows very well that Susan is full of shit. But she still loves her and still prefers living in her home to foster care's crapshoot broken system, so she just reads Susie's scripts and rambles long enough for her mom to get her daily dopamine rush and moves on to writing Coco fanfiction and dancing.
Jani is anything but smart. She's at best dull normal on a good day. It's time to stop playing the "she's so smart, pretty and talented" game. She's the less than mediocre stock of idiotic and depraved parents. There won't be any happy endings for her no matter what.

Urine Luck

kiwifarms.net
Jani is anything but smart. She's at best dull normal on a good day. It's time to stop playing the "she's so smart, pretty and talented" game. She's the less than mediocre stock of idiotic and depraved parents. There won't be any happy endings for her no matter what.

This. She could have been average if her parents hadn't drugged her as a child. She could have been below average but still functional if Michael had taken her. Now she's just doomed. There is no hope for her now that she's an adult in Susan's clutches.

Michael allowed Susan to kill everything Jani was supposed to be. It won't be long before Susan ends up killing Jani herself.

Therealhomor

kiwifarms.net
Now she's just doomed. There is no hope for her now that she's an adult in Susan's clutches.
Jesus Christ, I don't like being the rainbow dude but the fucking hysterics you people go to don't leave me much choice. The dramatic, theatrical shit you guys come up with is ridiculous. She's "doomed"? There's "no hope for her"? Are you writing a screenplay for a soap opera? Did Jani get terminal cancer in a flaming car or some shit? What kind of whiny, defeatist crap is this?

Jani isn't Kaylee Anthony, she's not Gypsy Rose without the happy ending, she's not being force-fed drain cleaner from a funnel. She's a sperg girl living in a shitty apartment with a fucking nutjob mother. There are probably hundreds of people on this site right now in a similar situation. People have damage, people live crappy lives and they still come out just goddamn fine and still find happiness. Her life sucks but it isn't like Susan is sawing off her limbs or some shit.

Jani is a sped with a manipulative psycho mom, but she's not a fucking holocaust victim. Get a grip.