Horrorcow Susan Schofield Cabana, Cory Cabana, & Michael Schofield / Schofield Productions / @bipolarnation - A Tragicomic Tale of Psychiatric Munchausen's by Proxy

Therealhomor

kiwifarms.net
According to Susan she is but one of the leaks said no before she went back, so if she is I think it's new.
From what I understand it was actually deconfirmed when Jani got a full eval while she was away from Susan. But after she moved back in with her she claimed it was "reconfirmed" after a single visit to a therapist. My current theory is that she showed the overworked, highly distracted therapist a document with the word "schizophrenia" on it and he was like "yeah she probably has it" before shooing them out.

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
From what I understand it was actually deconfirmed when Jani got a full eval while she was away from Susan. But after she moved back in with her she claimed it was "reconfirmed" after a single visit to a therapist. My current theory is that she showed the overworked, highly distracted therapist a document with the word "schizophrenia" on it and he was like "yeah she probably has it" before shooing them out.
Unless records were transfered that still said this it would not happen this way. They probably grin and nod at Susan and she takes that as reconfirmation.

• Informative
Reactions: hambeerlyingnreed

whoopiecushion

kiwifarms.net
Most clinicians are reluctant to diagnose schizophrenia, particularly in a very young person, because it’s such an awful illness and a terrible label to stick on someone.

I think that's why I believed Michael and Susan at first. I used to work in the mental health field and in my experience most psychiatrists are VERY VERY VERY VERY reluctant to diagnose children with schizophrenia. I've seen kids significantly older than Jani who were legitimately showing some possible signs of schizophrenia such as auditory hallucinations, social withdrawal, paranoia, etc and even then the doctors didn't want to diagnose them as schizophrenic even though they were prescribing low doses of anti-psychotics. So I figured if the UCLA doctors were willing to diagnose it in a child that was even younger, that there MUST have been something really serious going on. Well, there was something serious going on, but they were wrong about what it was. It was child abuse instead of schizophrenia. After watching the videos and reading their books it became obvious that Jani wasn't the "crazy" one.

multiverse

Made Misty Michelle Henry Rage Quit
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeGLQOMlHTo | Archived page.

Archived video: "Pandemics and Schizophrenics" (21 November 2020).

View attachment 1741062

Pandemics and schizophrenics don't mix because with schizophrenia you need to be out all the time. Schizophrenics need to be out.
There is no such thing as being bored for schizophrenics, for the sake of the schizophrenics, like the radio business, and the mall.
It's impossible for people like Jani (i.e. schizophrenics) to manage.
Jani really wants to, is really about to, make a change in this world for the better and help the schizophrenic community.

(What is Jani even saying? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense...)
Susan, you could not project harder. Schizophrenics need to be out of the house all the time, just like you in your mania? And the radio business is perfect for schizophrenics, just like the only job Susan ever had?

You have no idea what schizophrenia is - and everything you imagine about schizophrenia, describes yourself to a T. Get help, you crazy bitch.

multiverse

Made Misty Michelle Henry Rage Quit
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The radio business nonsense is so pathetically blatant. I weep for listeners that had to tune in to listen to this harpy screech on the air back in the day.
Even worse, she was a bloody traffic reporter. In LA. In a way, it was probably an ideal job for her: gleefully informing anyone who tuned into her tiny frequency about how awful the traffic was, and how silly they were to drive a car today, and don't they wish they'd listened to her earlier. It kept her occupied. It made her feel important. It kept her crazy confined to a very limited arena.

But of course, she was simply too crazy to keep a job in the long run. She decided to make no plans to seek childcare for newborn Bodhi, and instead of taking a leave of absence until she could get her shit sorted out, she simply brought an infant with her every day. To a radio station. To a recording booth. She was fired after a week or so of this when it became clear that this WAS her long term childcare plan: make her coworkers do it all for her. While working.

After being fired, she needed to find another solution to being manic and bored by childrearing. She would eventually figure out how to get an army of ABA workers to raise both children for her (while collecting a check to do it herself), just like she expected her coworkers to become her coterie of nannies way back when.

Therealhomor

kiwifarms.net
The radio business nonsense is so pathetically blatant. I weep for listeners that had to tune in to listen to this harpy screech on the air back in the day.
It certainly is a glaring red flag for narcissism when someone like Susan has a need for constantly being in the public light, but of course that's pretty obvious.

heathcliff

kiwifarms.net
Original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMiYMCfLAPA | Archived page.

Archived video: "Maryvale foot tour" (24 November 2020):

Jani is standing at the monument sign of closed "Maryvale" Group Home —Short-Term Residential Therapeutic Program in Rosemead, California. She says they recently had their license revoked all because of how they abused girls.
They used to house girls ages ranging from 14 to 20.
[Jani's brief explanation of Maryvale's reason for "closing" may not be accurate. In the course of its existence, Maryvale's focus has shifted and in February 2019, its Emergency Shelter Program shut down.]

maryvale.jpg

The video skips to Jani sitting in the car and giving a testimony of what happened to her at Maryvale: one of the staff members threw her against a wall and said: "Eat shit."

Jani is walking back to the monument sign again and shows how she sometimes, when she would "get out" [apparently meaning without permission], would run up the street, oftentimes to a liquor store a mile away.

She then is at said liquor store — where 'those' girls' [insinuating that Jani wasn't the only runaway, but Jani wasn't like "those girls"] would bring alcohol and cigarettes from. Jani ran to that liquor store al those times just to get away from Maryvale. A lot of those girls would bring weed and alcohol and the staff didn't care.

Jani moves on to show us what she used to call the "door fence" or the "door gate", which was always open. She ran super fast through it, when she was not in pain or lazy. When she was "in pain", it was usually cramps.
Another gate is one that Jani tried to get out of, but she never made it. [She switches to Spanish and repeats what she just said, but passing traffic drowns out her voice.]

One time Jani made it out to the liquor store and five staff [members] brought her back. [This is also repeated in Spanish.]
In case you didn't hear it the first time: the girls would bring in weed and alcohol from the liquor store and the staff didn't care.
In case you didn't see it the first time: Jani shows one of the gates she was trying to get out of but was never able to escape.

After they [the staff] would get Jani from AWOL'ing, and she had to go to the bathroom they wouldn't let her pee alone, they just wouldn't. [It's likely because they wanted a urine sample for drug testing, so staff did care.]

Back in the car, Jani says it's interesting how much they [Maryvale] can get away with, but DCFS helps them, as well as the Rosemead Police Department.

There is footage with an ominous chyron stating:
"Jani Attempting to Escape
Jani is attempting to climb the fence at Maryvale"
Luckily Susan added that in, because the camera mostly catches the interior of the car and the top of a nearby tree. And then... Susan's own skincrawling voice makes an appearance! "This is what's happening right now." What exactly is happening is hard to tell from the blurry video, but the banner is till on screen to give us an idea.

On March 13th, 2019, The day of Jani's first court hearing, Jani asked to go to court and the staff said she was too young to go to court. But Jani said "Adios! I'm going to court! I don't care!" and she tried to run out again.

Jani points to the top of a building. There was her room where she was found nearly dead, passed out, lying in a pool of her own vomit, unconscious...and this is not hyperbole because it actually happened. She had peed herself as well [mentioned as an afterthought].
Her brother was also "up there" [in the building] and he was put back in diapers and has been in diapers ever since.

Next stop is "Wayfinder"
Another on-screen chyron states:
"Wayfinder Shelter
DCFS contracts this homeless shelter to house children they can't place into foster homes."​

[Other than the sign and some pointing at a building, Wayfinder never comes up in the video.]

This video is the clearest evidence that Jani is following a script, has to rehearse and re-record until it is to Susan's liking.
The video jumps all over the place, literally (i.e. the place of filming) and figuratively (i.e. the subject being discussed).
Several scenes and "studied dialogue" are repeated.
Susan couldn't help herself and had to interject...with some nonsense.
Susan's script and filming is garbage. Susan herself is dreck.

Edit 1: formatting, added links, added a screenshot.
Edit 2: spelling, phrasing.

Last edited:

Son6

kiwifarms.net
This gave me the feeling of witnessing something very like the "therapy" in The clockwork Orange. Jani si being Made to repeat and repeat and repeat and revive again and again her trauma. And everytime she retells it, it is Made more and more traumatic by Susan's narration of the events and HER emotions around it. Imagine having to retell and re-enact this sequence soooo Many times.
I found the video of Jani trying to escape really telling! So, mommy was outside egging her on and filming her. No wonder she needed to prove she soooo wanted to escape, she was going to DIE without mommy (totally not an hyperbole and totally a Word Jani would naturally use), and she would in no way ever-ever going to form an attachment with people trying to help her out (out of crazy, I mean).
She might not see it, but the staff bringing her back , supervising her, etc WERE caring actions, she is just not used to people caring for her, putting limits and trying to discipline her with structure. I hadn't realised Susan had been able to boicot her recovery even while she was in foster care (because being outside filming her IS boicoting her)until I saw this video. So, I guess thank You Susan! Things are clearer now.

astrothot

kiwifarms.net
This gave me the feeling of witnessing something very like the "therapy" in The clockwork Orange. Jani si being Made to repeat and repeat and repeat and revive again and again her trauma. And everytime she retells it, it is Made more and more traumatic by Susan's narration of the events and HER emotions around it. Imagine having to retell and re-enact this sequence soooo Many times.
Yeah, I noticed that she said the thing about "those girls" bringing in weed and alcohol twice, phrasing it exactly the same way both times. I wonder if they took several takes of that line and accidentally left two in instead of just one.

Therealhomor

kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure how much of this stuff is true and how much of it is Susan's fan fiction. But if even some of it really happened, I can definitely see why Jani ran back to Screech's apartment so willingly even after telling the court she wanted nothing to do with her. Sounds like this place sucked.

• Agree
Reactions: Ihatechildren

Therealhomor

kiwifarms.net
I know it's apparently mind blowing and totally out there/s>, but: A shelter for homeless girls being shitty for 6 months is still nothing compared to chemically lobotomizing your children for the rest of their life.
From an objective and clear-headed standpoint, we can obviously see that. But Jani would naturally pick the devil she knows over the one she doesn't.

Fuck you and your asspats

Unamused
kiwifarms.net
The talk about Bodhi being in diapers made me think. Do you think they ever even potty trained him? When he was that age they had already decided he was schizophrenic, and everyone knows you can't make schizophrenics do things they don't want to because that makes them psychotic, plus they were also busy parading Jani around.
Properly? Probably not. There was that video of him on the toilet, but there's no way he could have used the restroom on his own. He couldn't even feed himself. I don't want to sit here and discuss whether the kid was toilet trained or not, but it's not like he had the actual ability to get up and go to the restroom when he felt he needed to, and complete each step on his own. Any video of him in Susan's care will show him too high to function.