Ta-Nehisi Coates to write new Superman movie produced by JJ Abrams for Warner - "What does the N stand for?"

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Hollywood doesn't care about the quality of your work, just about the profits, that's why the Transformers franchise only ended when the money stopped coming.

but that's like cooking the golden goose. TFA made millions, but star wars is dead. same for star trek. everyone remembers lost but for the wrong reasons. westworld apparently went to shit too. mission impossible 3 is debatable, after the "soft" reboot of 4 it's probably the worst of the first 3 - not by much, but still. rest is a producer gig (and it's a tom cruise franchise, so you can pretty much guess who runs the show).
superman is probably making money too because it will get the right marketing and look easily digestible that normalfags will eat it up, maybe even get a sequel, but then fizzle out like all the others and kill the franchise for good.

there's only so many franchises you can abuse and relaunch (and depending how hard you abused it not even that is possible any more).

Samson Pumpkin Jr.

kiwifarms.net
can't wait to for the black dude dumb enough to wear skintight spandex and a fucking cape to get heckled by his "brothers" how fucking gay he looks. not even pimps go that far, and they still have a cane.
it would be funny if he wore a cape when that happened and the joke would be that cape rhymes with ape and he's a nigger

Calandrino

kiwifarms.net
Best version of Lex Luthor incoming! "Grrr, I hate Black people and their natural altruism and physical superiority! Why must they be so much better than me, despite my money and privilege?"

I did enjoy how BvS re-imagined him as a social media tech billionaire, because Znyder decided that an evil real estate developer turned politician just wouldn't be relevant as a villain in the very year Trump was elected.

KingofNothing

Wahoo!
kiwifarms.net
There have been black Superman characters in the comics, so I'm not too bothered by this, but I am worried about them using this as an excuse to preach about the evils of the white man or whatever instead of just making a fun story.

If this happens I kinda want to see the black Superman that was also secretly the President of the United States. There's some good ethical discussions to be had about the most powerful man also having the highest seat in the land and skirting the law because of it. Also I just really want that scene of Luthor going on a post-defeat rant and ending on it swearing he's not targeting Superman just because he's black because that page was hilarious when I read it.

Action Comics 09.jpg

Starscreams Cape

Read my posts in his voice
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There have been black Superman characters in the comics, so I'm not too bothered by this, but I am worried about them using this as an excuse to preach about the evils of the white man or whatever instead of just making a fun story.

If this happens I kinda want to see the black Superman that was also secretly the President of the United States. There's some good ethical discussions to be had about the most powerful man also having the highest seat in the land and skirting the law because of it. Also I just really want that scene of Luthor going on a post-defeat rant and ending on it swearing he's not targeting Superman just because he's black because that page was hilarious when I read it.

View attachment 1960613
Man, that fresh faced optimism died in most of us in 2015 or 2016. You are giving the benefit of the doubt to people who in many cases want to see you lying dead in a gutter. What you're worried about is exactly their plan. These aren't in any way, shape or form normal people. As Zach says, "SJW's don't human very well ".

Their goal is to make a "fun" movie only insofar as its politics will allow. Nowadays I think they'd probably publicly concede that.

Sorry for the black pill but these people are, more or less, the worst creatures on the planet these days.

KingofNothing

Wahoo!
kiwifarms.net
Man, that fresh faced optimism died in most of us in 2015 or 2016. You are giving the benefit of the doubt to people who in many cases want to see you lying dead in a gutter. What you're worried about is exactly their plan. These aren't in any way, shape or form normal people. As Zach says, "SJW's don't human very well ".

Their goal is to make a "fun" movie only insofar as its politics will allow. Nowadays I think they'd probably publicly concede that.

Sorry for the black pill but these people are, more or less, the worst creatures on the planet these days.
Well I still don't have high hopes of it being good, just feeling too relaxed to take the black pill. I've been disappointed by enough live action DC movies that I just take them as they are. I would like them to do something with my idea instead of some woke nonsense, but it is what is.

White Devil

If He Dies, He Dies
kiwifarms.net
This is going to be nothing BUT anti white propaganda, you people are kidding yourselves if you think any different. Look at what's happening all over the media, how hard EVERYTHING goes out of its way to glorify a simple 13% of the population because ... ? With CRT being taught in schools nowadays, it's popular and hip to hate the white man and I don't expect it to stop at SuperNiggerman.

LionoRaptor

kiwifarms.net
They're really going to go for it, huh?

I remember when JJ seemed like a filmmaker with promise, the 2009 Star Trek reboot was pretty good, Super 8 was flawed but still pretty interesting, it seemed like he was getting better, then everything started going Woke and he threw his hat in with that.

I wish things could have stayed at Star Trek 2009 levels, because while the movie wasn't great it was only interested in entertaining you, which for anything geek culture related seems like an incredible novelty today.
Star Trek Into Darkness ruined him. Especially the Khan moment. If B. Cumberpatch had been a original villain the film would have been good. Yet they went the cheap route. Intertextuality ruined it.

Last edited:

JamesFargo

saying "Oh cool" as I put the gun in my mouth
kiwifarms.net
Best version of Lex Luthor incoming! "Grrr, I hate Black people and their natural altruism and physical superiority! Why must they be so much better than me, despite my money and privilege?"
Can't be fucking worse than what came before.

Lex may be the most mishandled villain in superhero history. WB clearly have no clue what he represents, or is about. And the fact that they keep trying to recapture past glories (Zod, Lex) instead of forging new ones worries me.

Dom Cruise

Happy summer, everybody!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Star Trek Into Darkness ruined him. Rspecially tge Khan moment. If B. Cumberpatch had been a original villain the film would have been good. Yet they went the cheap route. Intertextuality ruined it.
Star Trek 2009 and Super 8 were both flawed but you get could see the potential, Star Trek Into Darkness revealed that he was all talk and no walk, I fucking hated that incoherent pile of shit and the one, two punch of seeing both it and Man of Steel in the theater back to back made me permanently go to the theaters less than I used to.

So the idea of now combining JJ and Superman plus forced diversity is a perfect storm of keeping me far, far away.

It really is amazing how the more time goes on the worse Hollywood movies get, for one random example look at Terminator, 2009's Terminator Salvation sucked, but hey, I still at least went to the theater to see it, flash forward a decade later and Terminator Dark Fate's "strong female" bullshit sure as hell kept me far, far away.

I don't know why Hollywood thinks it's a good idea to show open contempt for a large percentage of their audience, but somehow they thinking keeping white men away in droves is a successful business model.

JamesFargo

saying "Oh cool" as I put the gun in my mouth
kiwifarms.net
I don't know why Hollywood thinks it's a good idea to show open contempt for a large percentage of their audience
It seems like brand strength and liberal guilt allows bad writers to keep getting work. That's the primary function of these IPs.

The best defense of the film you'll find is "it's an alternate timeline". Which holds as much water as the 'elseworld" argument for CW.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
This is going to be nothing BUT anti white propaganda, you people are kidding yourselves if you think any different. Look at what's happening all over the media, how hard EVERYTHING goes out of its way to glorify a simple 13% of the population because ... ? With CRT being taught in schools nowadays, it's popular and hip to hate the white man and I don't expect it to stop at SuperNiggerman.
How long before anti white propaganda will become cliche? And at this rate, they might do a sequel to the 2018 Superfly remake.