Ta-Nehisi Coates to write new Superman movie produced by JJ Abrams for Warner - "What does the N stand for?"

Comicsgeist

Yeah, no.
kiwifarms.net
The reason they are kicking Cavill out is that he has a thing for underage women. Allegedly.

I never heard anything about that.
I have heard it reported that Cavill wanted a lot more money to continue playing the role and during his contract renegotiation he played hardball, even refusing to do a small cameo in Shazam, unless he got the money he wanted, which forced them to use a body double, and that burned his bridges with WB because he's reportedly not a team player and difficult to work with.

JamesFargo

saying "Oh cool" as I put the gun in my mouth
kiwifarms.net
They should have stuck with Routh. Cavill doesn't need this role, and Routh is consistently good in everything, even as a heavy.

If anything kills the DCU, it's incessant reboots. Reboots cranked out fast. By studio heads who over-promise and under-deliver, causing a panic with shareholders and setting off another round of reboots.

LionoRaptor

kiwifarms.net
They should have stuck with Routh. Cavill doesn't need this role, and Routh is consistently good in everything, even as a heavy.

If anything kills the DCU, it's incessant reboots. Reboots cranked out fast. By studio heads who over-promise and under-deliver, causing a panic with shareholders and setting off another round of reboots.
If DC is smart, they would do the Pattinson movie and the Knightmare movie. 2 different Batmans. I mean the Joker film didn't rewrite the DCEU. It was its own thing.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
The reason they are kicking Cavill out is that he has a thing for underage women. Allegedly.
He had a 19 year old girlfriend some years back. This is she:
1616611503654.png

There is nothing under-aged about her figure. I can believe he's attracted to the odd woman in the 19+ category but who isn't. He's in his Thirties. It might not be the perfect plan for someone you intend to spend the rest of your life with but it's hardly wildly awful. And you can hardly think she's being unfairly taken advantage of when it's one of the best looking guys on the planet that most women her age would love to date. Plus, he's into WH40K, too - he's basically the perfect male.

His other partner I know of was Gina Carano. So if the guy's into adolescents, his dating preferences seriously don't show it. I've never heard anything like what you're suggesting.

FATTESTCUNT

kiwifarms.net
I can't find it again now, but I saw a tweet a day or two ago that had a screenshot of some tweets from Ta-Nehisi Coates from 2014 where he was talking about how white people were sub-human and were created by some doctor. There was something about them being half-dog or something and he was asking if anyone could prove the theory wrong. It sounds like some Nation of Islam bullshit or something.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? At the time I looked for the tweets to see if they were real, and I found someone replying to one of them, but not the tweets themselves, and my browser cache has been cleared since.

It could be complete bullshit that someone made up, cos it was only a screenshot, not an archive.

LionoRaptor

kiwifarms.net
I never heard anything about that.
I have heard it reported that Cavill wanted a lot more money to continue playing the role and during his contract renegotiation he played hardball, even refusing to do a small cameo in Shazam, unless he got the money he wanted, which forced them to use a body double, and that burned his bridges with WB because he's reportedly not a team player and difficult to work with.
I heard that he had a fling with Milly Bobby Brown on that Sherlock film. The source was CDAN but they have been proven right before.

Product Placement

kiwifarms.net
With people liking the Snyder cut and with how well Witcher is doing for netflix, doesn't make since to replace Henry Cavil right now, however does make sense to make the next superman movie have a different tone that what came before. They also run the risk of people stop caring, rebooting an ip so fast will do nothing but kill the ip, especially when you have a number of different versions running at the same time, people will get burnt out on it.

They need to continue with the Cavil movie or let the ip rest for another 5 or 10 years depending on how long that Superman tv show lasts. But they won't, it's pretty clear the Flash Point movie will be setting up Ssupergirl movie as well and then got black Superman movie. What crazy about this their are so many DC characters they could give movies to who haven't had a movie or tv show in the past 10 years.

The Valeyard

kiwifarms.net
Michael B Jordan to Develop Black Superman Limited Series for HBO Max

A second Black Superman project is in the works at Warner Bros., with Michael B. Jordan working on a limited series for HBO Max that would be based on the Val-Zod version of the character, according to multiple reports.

Collider first reported that Jordan's Outlier Society has hired a writer. A rep for HBO Max declined to comment, while reps for Jordan and Warner Bros. did not respond to TheWrap's request for comment.

The HBO Max project comes as Warner Bros. is set to reboot the character on the big screen. Ta-Nehisi Coates is writing the script for a movie that would cast a Black actor in the role of Clark Kent, with J.J. Abrams and his Bad Robot set to produce.

Jordan's version would focus on a version of Superman that was Black in the comics. Val-Zod, who is also from Krypton, is from a different universe (the multiverse is a major concept in D.C. Comics), but follows a similar origin story. He is sent away from his home world to Earth after the death of his parents and becomes the second person to take up the mantle of Superman.

HBO Max has other DC Comics projects in the works including spinoffs of "The Suicide Squad" and "The Batman" and a "Green Lantern" series. HBO Max also inherited DC Universe' shows like "Titans," "Harley Quinn" and "Doom Patrol."

What's the point of the J.J. Abrams and Ta-Nehisi Coates movie then, other than pandering?

Screamer

kiwifarms.net

Gaear Grimsrud

kiwifarms.net
I don't understand why they feel the need to do this Flashpoint thing. Nobody cares about the continuity. Just pretend Batman V Superman didn't happen.

Why do we have to waste Flash's movie doing this franchise maintenance thing? I'd rather have a real Flash movie.

Sex Cannon Lupa

kiwifarms.net
If anyone needed any more evidence that ratings and box office no longer matter it's DC remaking their greatest heroes as blacks, Latinos and dykes. Batman's only white because they started making the movie before the woke rebrand.
Maybe the movie has fallen apart.

Most likely they realised they have a decent white guy TV series of Superman. So they figured they need a black one on TV for whatever optics and bullshit stories will be written attacking that series when the Super Blackman film comes out.
That CW show is either going to get cancelled or tremendously revamped for season 2. All the Fandom Menace types have thrown a huge spotlight on it and there's no way the woke powers that be can let it stand. Now that Supergirl is done they'll probably just shift the cast and crew and continue where they left off. I wouldn't be surprised if Melissa Benoist becomes a co-star.

White Devil

If He Dies, He Dies
kiwifarms.net
Why the fuck do niggers give their kids names like Ta-Nehisi? Seriously, if I was an employer and I saw "Ta-Nehisi" on an application it would go right in the fucking garbage.
Some kind of fake heritage bullshit that the North American Pavement Ape thinks they're tapping into, not realizing actual Africans hate their fucking guts.

Product Placement

kiwifarms.net

Calandrino

kiwifarms.net
Michael B Jordan to Develop Black Superman Limited Series for HBO Max

What's the point of the J.J. Abrams and Ta-Nehisi Coates movie then, other than pandering?
Wasting a slot that could have gone to Chinese Superman or Gay Superman.

Why the fuck do niggers give their kids names like Ta-Nehisi? Seriously, if I was an employer and I saw "Ta-Nehisi" on an application it would go right in the fucking garbage.
It could almost pass as a Kryptonian name.