Tabletop Community Watch -

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
Age of Sigmar started out poorly because they focused too much on the idea of everybody playing the ultra-casual "hey, bring all your models, we'll figure something out" kitchen table game mode, when no one actually did that. But from what I've seen the system looks actually very solid now. I would honestly say that, right now, Age of Sigmar is in a better spot than The Grim Dorkness of Primaris 40,000 Where There Is Only Tacticool Space Marines.

Female Marines are a line in the sand that I don’t think GW will ever be willing to cross. I think they’ll unSquat the Squats before that happens. But if someone really wants to put a metaphorical bullet in GW’s head and make them canon, prepare for a fucking avalanche of salt.
Well, they have been releasing squat models for their ancillary games, so... don't count any of that out just yet.

Andy Bandy Man

kiwifarms.net
if they don't care about fanta-sea, why don't they just bring back S-Q-U-A-T-S Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 2.53.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-08 at 2.54.10 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-08 at 2.54.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-08 at 2.55.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-08 at 2.56.12 AM.png

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
It was "Reported" paint and a single Tactical Space Marine kit was outselling Fantasy. Combined with Kirbys rather incompetent leadership they thought a full redo was in order. You can rave about how much the setting was great but MODELS will always come first with GW. The problem with Fantasy was shit wasnt getting updated and there were armies with books that were 5 years old on top of the fact the people wanted to play both massive ranks of infantry and use their super special heroes points for regular games bloated to at least 2500 Points and in terms of Fantasy that was at least 100+ models. The way Age of Sigmar started was not exactly stellar (some even refer to 2nd as AoS's true 1st edition).

don't forget GW's usual pricegouging, which meant even a starter army (which looked kinda puny when you wanted to shove whole regiments into each other) raised the point of entry so high most people laughed and bought something else. of course it didn't make any more when they priced themselves out of the market, it was their own fucking fault.
they also could've easily made a skirmish version a la kill team and what AoS ended up being for easier entry, but for some reason thought burning the whole thing to the ground first was a good idea. so of course people are salty because GW was even extremely more retarded than usual.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Lately we’ve seen blatant pandering like ‘Attack of the Necron’ where a brave little black girl leads her group of friends against some of the galaxy’s worst horrors, or ‘Roll Models’, where a smart, sassy black female Stormcast is there to constantly help her retarded white male counterparts.

I don't actually mind warhammer adventures it's just a generic kids novel set in a toned down version of 40k. The one which did annoy me was Gav thropes siege of Terra book first wall were 1/4th of the book is clogged up with a young women in the pdf which goes no where, is boring and eats up pages better spent on established characters. Now it's worth noting that the protagonist is a lesbian from africa but I consider Gav a medicore writter if I'm feeling nice, so it becomes hard to tell if he's being sjw or is just a bad writter. Maybe both?

Last edited:

SITHRAK!

ESL teenager spouting gibberish and angry words.
kiwifarms.net
don't forget GW's usual pricegouging, which meant even a starter army (which looked kinda puny when you wanted to shove whole regiments into each other) raised the point of entry so high most people laughed and bought something else. of course it didn't make any more when they priced themselves out of the market, it was their own fucking fault.
You should see GW prices in countries like Australia and New Zealand. GW has put controls in place to stop US and UK mail-order places from selling to the Asia Pacific region, because you used to be able to order stuff from the US and have it express freighted faster and about 15% cheaper than local prices.
GW used to be about great rules with cool models to support them, now they’re about pushing plastic and their rules are bloated and bland.
Even stone-cold classics like Necromunda have been gutted and destroyed by being rewritten by millennial fucktards who never played the original and didn’t truly understand what they were doing.

Flaming Insignias

Now joined by another proper noble.
kiwifarms.net
they also could've easily made a skirmish version a la kill team and what AoS ended up being for easier entry, but for some reason thought burning the whole thing to the ground first was a good idea. so of course people are salty because GW was even extremely more retarded than usual.
I think I mentioned that with the “proxied miniatures” thing. There’s a big theory that the main reason for the Sigmarines is because they are unique enough that other companies can’t make cheaper lookalikes without being sued for copyright infringement, just like with the Astartes. The Imperial Army and Bretonnians they replaced were very stereotypically renaissance/medieval, which meant that it became common to use generic wargame models when the price gouging became too extreme. This created the false feedback loop that these factions were unpopular aside from their heroes, and thus they were done away with during End Times and replaced by the Sigmarines.

Oh, Disney's lawyers are going to love these guys.
Eh, doubtful. At best it's going to fall under parody. Though a glance at the comments section confirms they already mucked up by using Heroforge assets without permission. But HeroForge by all accounts is not some paragon of virtue and the slap fight was fairly dull.

The project also seems to have decided to make the Republic the villains based off one description;
the forces of the evil BARON DEATHRAY and this Trooper Army, criminals, and of course - a REPUBLICS SENATOR (that needs his space Nazi face punched so hard).

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
You should see GW prices in countries like Australia and New Zealand. GW has put controls in place to stop US and UK mail-order places from selling to the Asia Pacific region, because you used to be able to order stuff from the US and have it express freighted faster and about 15% cheaper than local prices.
GW used to be about great rules with cool models to support them, now they’re about pushing plastic and their rules are bloated and bland.
Even stone-cold classics like Necromunda have been gutted and destroyed by being rewritten by millennial fucktards who never played the original and didn’t truly understand what they were doing.

I think GW are better with rule updates nowadays but we are getting side tracked. I wanna show something thats been mentioned in the 40k thread and what I have noticed ever since I got into AoS so the Stormcast Eternals people like to call them sigmarines due to the fact they share the same design principles and are the "poster boys".

So I go over to my favorite wiki 1d4chan to read on just what the fuck a Stormcast Eternal is and notice at the tail end of the article a video link and let me show you myself

451464161832415.PNG

The video in question is this

Apparently the creator of the video is the dude who made /r/Sigmarxism I watched it and frankly it does a damn good job at telling you about Stormcasts and how they differ from Space Marines. The problem however is in classic leftist fashion he has to shove in constant political allegories and it really hampers a good video. Though, going back my original point people have pointed out /r/sigmarxism has kinda "taken" over 1d4chan in that they edit articles to suit their views and if anyone changes them they are instantly changed back. It is kind of a losing battle and I have noticed recently on /tg/ a lot of shitposters consider 1d4chan bad now so you cant rely on /tg/ to get shit done anymore I guess.

I say this as a fan of Age of Sigmar that I hate how I am going to associated with these weirdos.

knightlautrec

Keh heh heh heh…
kiwifarms.net
I think GW are better with rule updates nowadays but we are getting side tracked. I wanna show something thats been mentioned in the 40k thread and what I have noticed ever since I got into AoS so the Stormcast Eternals people like to call them sigmarines due to the fact they share the same design principles and are the "poster boys".

So I go over to my favorite wiki 1d4chan to read on just what the fuck a Stormcast Eternal is and notice at the tail end of the article a video link and let me show you myself

View attachment 1904641

The video in question is this

Apparently the creator of the video is the dude who made /r/Sigmarxism I watched it and frankly it does a damn good job at telling you about Stormcasts and how they differ from Space Marines. The problem however is in classic leftist fashion he has to shove in constant political allegories and it really hampers a good video. Though, going back my original point people have pointed out /r/sigmarxism has kinda "taken" over 1d4chan in that they edit articles to suit their views and if anyone changes them they are instantly changed back. It is kind of a losing battle and I have noticed recently on /tg/ a lot of shitposters consider 1d4chan bad now so you cant rely on /tg/ to get shit done anymore I guess.

I say this as a fan of Age of Sigmar that I hate how I am going to associated with these weirdos.

/tg/ itself is starting to fall to pozzed cancer. A lot of 'go back to /pol/' and '/tg/ has always been this way' memory holing and consoomers who scream at anyone for questioning products or companies.

I would say it's a reddit influence but really it's just troons. Don't let trannies in your hobby/game/server/forum. They add nothing of value.

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
/tg/ itself is starting to fall to pozzed cancer. A lot of 'go back to /pol/' and '/tg/ has always been this way' memory holing and consoomers who scream at anyone for questioning products or companies.

I would say it's a reddit influence but really it's just troons. Don't let trannies in your hobby/game/server/forum. They add nothing of value.

The election was no help, it’s super easy to troll on /tg/ too it’s like whoever runs it wants it be that way.

gangweedfan

Anime is the next stage of evoltin. now yuo see...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey lads check this out:

No I wont archive cause im busy right now

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
Uhh.. those cards seem really fucking broken.

What, you mean hiring a bunch of literal token diversity hires who don't play the game and have no experience designing a card game, yet alone inserting themselves in the very complex living system that is Magic The Gathering, leads to sub-par quality of work?

Gosh, it's almost like tokenism is bad for a reason and these idiots are just damaging their brand for no reason.

Hope the hand jobs the pink haired intern gave them for being a progshit were worth it.

Having said that, I'm fully expecting the 4chan, "We Wuz Wizurds and SHEEET" parody with monkeys and apes on each fake card to be excellent and extremely well balanced.

SITHRAK!

ESL teenager spouting gibberish and angry words.
kiwifarms.net
What, you mean hiring a bunch of literal token diversity hires who don't play the game and have no experience designing a card game, yet alone inserting themselves in the very complex living system that is Magic The Gathering, leads to sub-par quality of work?

Gosh, it's almost like tokenism is bad for a reason and these idiots are just damaging their brand for no reason.

Hope the hand jobs the pink haired intern gave them for being a progshit were worth it.

Having said that, I'm fully expecting the 4chan, "We Wuz Wizurds and SHEEET" parody with monkeys and apes on each fake card to be excellent and extremely well balanced.
The first thing I thought when I saw the 'Cultivate' card was 'Jenkem'...