Tabletop Community Watch -

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
Kings of war seems to be the new alt game in town. Conquest looked good but doesn't it have a dodgy released schedule where barely anythings out for it? Malifaux and Warmachine died from new edition launch. Privateer made getting models into people's hands impossible and straight up didn't stock most of Europe, some stores get 1 faction starter each and told to wait months for more. Having the whole game leak early and change very little didn't help any. They're making weird chibi style board games aren't they now? They finally made Monpoc nice models and ruined it by playing favourites with factions so many are unplayble from lack of development.

3D printing an entire warhammer army would take autism on par with Sonichu. Even if you had a mono screen we're talking 2 or 3 hours for 5 guys depending on your build plate size. Then you have to clean them and cure them which can take up to an hour depending on your set up. Doing maybe a hundred rank and file that way would suck without failed prints. You cut the model cost about in half for plastic models after all is said and done.. but you could still just buy from mantic and have a nice enough army for a fraction higher cost and not risk chemical burns. Not to talk down 3D printing, it's great for one off models or a skirmish game.
Conquest has 4 factions right now with the newest ones being Dwarfs/orcs due to the coof they are slowly releasing most of the units but have plans for a new faction this year of an undead Roman/Byzantine army.

You're funnier when I post things to make you mad
kiwifarms.net
Conquest has 4 factions right now with the newest ones being Dwarfs/orcs due to the coof they are slowly releasing most of the units but have plans for a new faction this year of an undead Roman/Byzantine army.
I thought it had goth elves and some human dudes. Some of the models were pretty neat but I saw a dead game so didn't invest in it. Another one of those really cool games which no one supports, like Confrontation and the fairy tale game with musket loader puppets.

It will be interesting to see what games prosper after covid. Clubs might get a lot of new members from people wanting to leave the house and being able to stand a table away. The club organizer can get out a 2nd edition whippy stick and smack any one who tries to shake hands after the game.

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
If anything people who get into Age of sigmar generally do it for the models and interest in the game/hobby not many people enjoy its lore and theres barely any videos for it since its legit not that lucrative like Fantasy is currently due to vidya.

I think my most hated 40k youtubers that pop up in my recommended have got to be Valrak and Kiroth. Valrak is the defacto GW shill and cooms over any new primaris releases for his le epic Imperial Fists but will pretend to care for Xenos/Chaos players just for views. Some how is always glued to the computer becasue whenever GW drops any news seemingly has a 10+ minute video up in an hour. The worst part is how GW THEMSELVES puts out videos giving you a run down of the news that week and its typical 1 minute videos while Valrak stretches these fucking things for all the juicy ad revenue. He also clearly dislikes Age of Sigmar but has to keep repeating "uhhhh the models look great the best models GW ever made! I just am not a fan of AoS" only does it so daddy GW doesnt get on his ass.

Kiroth yet another cult of personality who does the same shit valrak does where they stretch an article thats at least a 2 minute read to a 15 minute video. He has pink hair which at first I thought he lost a bet but apparently dyes it regularly. His niche is what I dub "miniature critic" in the same way Outercircle does where they make long ass videos going through GWs website telling why you should like/hate certain models. I find this super useless since imo miniature tastes are subjective but these guys state their opinions like fact on why certain models are good/bad. On top of the fact GW does a horrible job with current paint jobs which make models much worse than they really are.

Kiroth is tied in with something SJWy, isn't he? I seem to remember that guy who got fired from GW for being the leaker (but they couldn't or didn't officially name him; impression I got was his name came up in access logs after one of the major leaks) and went pure "they can't fire me, I have rightthink!" on twatter was tied to Kiroth somehow? Something about a gay joke?

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
GW and WOTC have a larger market share than all the big video game companies combine. The industry is built on selling space marines and magic packs. If you don't have one of those communities in your store it's going to die. New blood has to come from some where and the old blood is not immune to poz infection.

Your old version example is a good but you need to read this article. https://wearethemutants.com/2019/01...alitarian-origins-of-the-fantasy-battle-game/ Old hammer is already full of soy boy types and they're going to attack any one who opposes them pushing their agenda. The old version exists but the community for it will be bitching about chainmail bikinis.
Yeah some people forget that the female marines debate dates back a long ways. A lot of it is due to misunderstanding 2e lore as well as clinging to the retconned craziness of Rogue Trader. Around 1998-2004 there was a lot of butthurt about the 3rd edition of 40k.

However a lot of the debate -imo- was basically due to male feminists that liked to fap to muscle girls. There’s this old website I found after not seeing it in forever that’s the perfect example of this. It was created by some pajeet who went in depth about their fan chapter with female marines. His site is still up and I’ve archived a lot of it but not all of it. His chapter was dumb but basically all custom chapters were dumb back then and many were worse fluff wise. I knew another guy for example that made a Gary Stu Space Wolf successor chapter that were allies with the Thousand Sons. I think he was into professional wrestling too...

I remember laughing at this pajeet for his white knighting female marines but also giving him props for his dedicated autism. I recall him asking about if female marines could have intercourse on various forums and he would constantly share his autism all over the internet. If I remember correctly he was into female marines because he liked muscle girls that could overpower him. Not my thing so I didn’t delve further into it but he definitely nutted to his female marines.

I do remember a lot of people made fun of him on some old obscure forums but he wasn’t a bad guy - or at least I don’t remember being as obnoxious as say CWC. He was basically a minor cow to several now defunct forums (RIP). I remember following him because he was just a dedicated autist that did his own thing. He was not the worst fellow online and would post some disagreements/dissenting opinions onto his site/blog, which won him some goodwill except with a few alogs. It’s not something a lot of people would do current year +6. I never knew his real name and don’t know what he’s up to now. He could very well have died or trooned out for all I know. Maybe someone doxed him at some point but I don’t recall hearing about it or if I did, I just didn’t care at the time. My memory is admittedly a bit fuzzy since there were a lot of autists that defended female marines at the time because they fapped to them.

This one was his Waifu if I remember correctly. He did a gallery of marines he painted that I’m currently archiving.
1613374678233.jpeg

Here’s his custom codex if you’re interested. (The links are all archives)
Sticking up for the girls.
The Fighting Tigers Intro.
Pg 2
Pg 3
Pg 4
Pg 5
Pg 6
Pg 7
Pg 8
Pg 9
Pg 10

Pg 11
Pg 12
Pg 13
Pg 14
Pg 15
Pg 16
Pg 17
Pg 18
Pg 19

A list (archive) of al his models at the time along with their point cost. I think it’s 3rd or 4th, I haven’t looked too closely but his last updated battle report looks like it was from 2015 which was just 6 years ago.

*Edit*
Some other artwork which I think was commissioned or sent to him. Also some of his own stuff too.
1613375784507.jpeg

1613375828815.jpeg

1613375856176.jpeg

1613375879578.jpeg

1613376177624.jpeg

1613376201667.jpeg

1613376273477.jpeg

1613376511674.jpeg

1613376833547.jpeg

Last edited:

Inquisitor_BadAss

The only person who fell for Nulls April fools
kiwifarms.net
Yeah some people forget that the female marines debate dates back a long ways. A lot of it is due to misunderstanding 2e lore as well as clinging to the retconned craziness of Rogue Trader. Around 1998-2004 there was a lot of butthurt about the 3rd edition of 40k.

However a lot of the debate -imo- was basically due to male feminists that liked to fap to muscle girls. There’s this old website I found after not seeing it in forever that’s the perfect example of this. It was created by some pajeet who went in depth about their fan chapter with female marines. His site is still up and I’ve archived a lot of it but not all of it. His chapter was dumb but basically all custom chapters were dumb back then and many were worse fluff wise. I knew another guy for example that made a Gary Stu Space Wolf successor chapter that were allies with the Thousand Sons. I think he was into professional wrestling too...

I remember laughing at this pajeet for his white knighting female marines but also giving him props for his dedicated autism. I recall him asking about if female marines could have intercourse on various forums and he would constantly share his autism all over the internet. If I remember correctly he was into female marines because he liked muscle girls that could overpower him. Not my thing so I didn’t delve further into it but he definitely nutted to his female marines.

I do remember a lot of people made fun of him on some old obscure forums but he wasn’t a bad guy - or at least I don’t remember being as obnoxious as say CWC. He was basically a minor cow to several now defunct forums (RIP). I remember following him because he was just a dedicated autist that did his own thing. He was not the worst fellow online and would post some disagreements/dissenting opinions onto his site/blog, which won him some goodwill except with a few alogs. It’s not something a lot of people would do current year +6. I never knew his real name and don’t know what he’s up to now. He could very well have died or trooned out for all I know. Maybe someone doxed him at some point but I don’t recall hearing about it or if I did, I just didn’t care at the time. My memory is admittedly a bit fuzzy since there were a lot of autists that defended female marines at the time because they fapped to them.

This one was his Waifu if I remember correctly. He did a gallery of marines he painted that I’m currently archiving.
View attachment 1921680

Pg 2
Pg 3
Pg 4
Pg 5
Pg 6
Pg 7
Pg 8
Pg 9
Pg 10

Pg 11
Pg 12
Pg 13
Pg 14
Pg 15
Pg 16
Pg 17
Pg 18
Pg 19

A list (archive) of al his models at the time along with their point cost. I think it’s 3rd or 4th, I haven’t looked too closely but his last updated battle report looks like it was from 2015 which was just 6 years ago.

*Edit*
Some other artwork which I think was commissioned or sent to him. Also some of his own stuff too.
View attachment 1921731
View attachment 1921733
View attachment 1921734
View attachment 1921736
View attachment 1921751
View attachment 1921753
View attachment 1921760
View attachment 1921783
View attachment 1921796
I understand these are from early days of the game but even then people knew they were supposed to highlight your dudes.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
There was simular guy called doc thunder. He used to make army after army of girl space marines not female, girls, With big metal tits on their power armour. Pretty much all the armies were fluff defiling such as roboute guilliman being an incel so covered up the wamen primarchs.
Whenever called on being a freak his standard response was accuse the poster of being gay. He was behind the times really as most mouth breathers hide their fetish behind sjw rationalizations. The models looked like shit or he had them done by someone else.
1613393470619.png

1613393515647.png

at least he wiped the cum of them before taking the pics.

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1921680

Pg 2
Pg 3
Pg 4
Pg 5
Pg 6
Pg 7
Pg 8
Pg 9
Pg 10

Pg 11
Pg 12
Pg 13
Pg 14
Pg 15
Pg 16
Pg 17
Pg 18
Pg 19

*Edit*
View attachment 1921731
View attachment 1921733
View attachment 1921734
View attachment 1921736
View attachment 1921751
View attachment 1921753
View attachment 1921760
View attachment 1921783
View attachment 1921796
I still consider 3rd edition to be the edition that killed 40k's personality. It's the jump off point from Fuck around and the best results become canon to a planned universe taking it's self seriously for the first time. It's 40k's first job and car payments.

Pajeety guy here is an autistic sperg but he's got some real money in the game and he's amusing. He's a weirdo but he's funny and fit right in with the other weirdos we had around at the time. You made your own autistic custom chapter and so did everyone else, from there you just had fun and converted models to look cool. Todays conversions are buying more bits from GW and kitbashing your totally original guys.

There's 3 groups of female space marine pushers I can tell, they're a bit blurry but the main theories hold up.

Muscle Fetishist/manchild wanting a mother he can fuck
Beta males who still want to hide behind Mummy's skirt. He wants a woman to protect him instead of him protecting his woman. Having a mother he can fuck is a bit element in this because a lot of the hobby has become over sexualized. Instead of Slaanesh being the god of excess and a boob worm being a demon now it's just a standard thing for the fanbase to fap to. The coomer mentality bleeds into everything and these days there's a few autistic ones who baby sit the obvious places and bully any one else into submission when they push back. Tabletop coomers could be it's own forum section with how common it's becoming. I assume everyone here knows of the red background guy right?

I want a girlfriend / I want my girlfriend to play with me
You know the type. He's into 40k and Xbox games so he wants his girlfriend to share it all with him. He doesn't want a life he shares with his girlfriend he wants his girlfriend to be his life too. He will drag her to the game table, the club or shop and she'll sit there bored or she'll take part and suck so hard it's not worth playing her. He thinks if only there were female space marines she would love them as much as he does and buy into them. Except we all know women are soulless cunts and that's why they connect so strongly with 'nids.
The want a girlfriend type is the same person but he didn't pick up the obese woman at the game shop so he thinks female space marines will bring more women into it and he'll get another shot.

Feminists/Marxist/Troons/Negro fetishists etc.
Everything must be inclusive at all times. They have no interest in the game or anything about it. They see a target and they attack because attacking it gets you the most attention. Destroying the game and rebuilding it so they can move onto another target is all they care about. Anita did this in computer games where she didn't play them, didn't have any real interest in them but found an angle which got her attention and a grifting job. You can throw any other bunch of marxist type in here because it all comes down to the same thing, if there's a grift at the end or fucked up people trying to force their mental health problems on everyone else it's all about changing things to better suit a third party's interest.

What websites are out there which haven't fallen to this and have decent painting forums? I've been hunting for one and can't find anything.

Syaoran Li

Lord, I was born a ramblin' man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As a fan of the old White Wolf games, I know the feeling all too well of having a hostile company and the culture surrounding your game be totally wrecked. World of Darkness was sort of like Patient Zero for that.

Thing is, with tabletop RPG's, the new factor of this recession might end up being a wildcard that can either help the SJW's or hurt them in the long run.

Especially since the "geek is chic" fad of the 2010's has long overstayed its welcome and is largely being propped up by a few corporations who own key IP's and the social media influencer types who often make more money pushing for the corporate party line.

The last time we had a massive RPG bust period was around 2006-2011, which had a lot of infamous events like D&D 4th Edition and the ill-fated White Wolf/EVE Online merger but also largely coincided with the Great Recession of the late 2000's and very early 2010's.

This era ended with an unexpected revival of the hobby and things like D&D 5th Edition. But with every boom period in mostly niche hobbies, there is a bust.

If we get another bust period, what kind of impact will that have for the culture of the hobby? I'm not sure if it will kill the Woke Left completely but I think it'll greatly weaken them if tabletop is not seen as trendy or profitable as it used to be and more of the old blood can slowly regain some ground.

We'll probably never fully get rid of them for the forseeable future but I'm not sure if the troons can fully hold the hobby hostage in the long term now that the economy is in shambles thanks to COVID-19

Last edited:

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If we get another bust period, what kind of impact will that have for the culture of the hobby? I'm not sure if it will kill the Woke Left completely but I think it'll greatly weaken them if tabletop is not seen as trendy or profitable as it used to be and more of the old blood can slowly regain some ground.
There are some loony leftists who are actual tabletop fans and they’ll stick around but imo a lot of the posers will leave once it’s no longer trendy. I do think it’s possible for someone to go from a bandwagoner to an actual fan but most will leave to the next trendy thing. They’ll likely say something along the lines of “it was too problematic to continue playing and therefore supporting *insert brand.*”

Syaoran Li

Lord, I was born a ramblin' man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There are some loony leftists who are actual tabletop fans and they’ll stick around but imo a lot of the posers will leave once it’s no longer trendy. I do think it’s possible for someone to go from a bandwagoner to an actual fan but most will leave to the next trendy thing. They’ll likely say something along the lines of “it was too problematic to continue playing and therefore supporting *insert brand.*”

Agreed, and I think a lot of those woke troon leftists can probably be sidelined via stuff like counter-brigading in a way that's actually successful and well thought out (and will probably be easier when the fad fully dies off)

Another angle to consider is the corporate hyper-consolidation that normally empowers the Woke Left is a double-edged sword in the specific context of tabletop games.

Yes, corporate hyper-consolidation is a problem but WOTC is now owned by Hasbro and if Magic or D&D start to actually lose money for a long enough time, Hasbro will just shutter the brands to save money.

MTG would probably be fucked but I'm not a card player so that shit doesn't affect me. D&D and RPG's would still survive thanks to shit like the OSR and other retro-clone or OGL games.

Paizo may be turbo-woke now, but Pathfinder 1E more or less saved D&D and kept the flame alive at a time when the actual D&D game was at an all-time low in terms of both sales and fan reception.

Most of the Millennials and older Zoomers who were part of the first wave of D&D 5e's success got their start playing Pathfinder 1E in the very early 2010's.

kiwifarms.net
Didn't Matt Ward do a book with pronouns at the front all focused on a stronk womyn? The troons can move onto the next fad but the political ideology will remain an influence. They're stuck in a catch 22 where the trannies will lynch them if they remove any of the nigger dykes they've added. You also risk them doubling down and trying even harder to appeal to these demographics after their actual fans fucked off by being insulted constantly.

Jesus christ they dedicate 5 fucking pages to woke shit.

as a Bi dude I actually resent the fetishization of lgbt issues for commercial gain. Pretty much most of my LGBT nerd friends feel the same, nor do they appreciate the sanitization of franchises. Especially the gritty ones.
Everyone's a fag when they play Eldar. One time an Eldar player tried to suck my dick under the table. He was perfectly straight until he deployed his Warp Spiders.

kiwifarms.net
lol calm down.
I think you miss the point. Lets move the topic forward.

How's everyone's experience as a teenage boy in the hobby? Did you have a weirdo at the shop you went to? Did he have a lisp and mince around the shop touching people's butts? I've always wondered why so many fruits would join a hobby full of young vulnerable boys with social issues. Does any one know why?