Tabletop Community Watch -

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
I am getting into a non GW game called Conquest last argument of kings though pretty cool rank n flank that doesn't just ape Warhammer Fantasy for once.

looks as dead as all the other non gw games that have neat ideas but fail when it comes to logistics (I mean, good luck finding anyone to play with or even willing to buy into it).
apparently it's also some shitty special snowflake size like 36mm, so you can't even really re-use it for something else.

3D printing an entire warhammer army would take autism on par with Sonichu. Even if you had a mono screen we're talking 2 or 3 hours for 5 guys depending on your build plate size. Then you have to clean them and cure them which can take up to an hour depending on your set up. Doing maybe a hundred rank and file that way would suck without failed prints. You cut the model cost about in half for plastic models after all is said and done.. but you could still just buy from mantic and have a nice enough army for a fraction higher cost and not risk chemical burns. Not to talk down 3D printing, it's great for one off models or a skirmish game.

not really, cost is only part of the reason people 3d print. also, once you have dialed in your setting you can churn out stuff pretty easily (curing doesn't take an hour, and same as printing is pretty fast once you figured out and get used to the process). the most time consuming part will be doing supports, but even that is taken care of these days with almost everyone offering pre-supported versions by people that know what they're doing. shitty pre-supports that waste people's time and resin is an easy way to lose patreons fast.

which leads to the problem that you gonna end up with so many minis you can't paint them in 2 lifetimes. when you have a printer and resin, might as well have it spit out stuff constantly. no point in the printer collecting dust.

imagine it like this: you're a GW redshirt and you can pick any model in the store without limit for whatever game you want.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm a tabletop nerd and you space marine fag have gone so far beyond autism I'm lost for words. Amazing OP no one is ever going to read.. I hope it included the decades of hate GW got for holding back the miniature hobby.

Bandai launched the Digimon 2020 TCG in English last/this year. They did a pre-release late last year with the final full release to be last month but delayed to this month. Bandai messed up distribution for both releases with game shops getting half or less of their pre-orders let alone stock to sell on shelves. People wanting to play the game aren't able to do so because they literally cannot find shops which have stock. The scalpers noticed this and are raiding chain stores like Target hourly to put packs and starter decks on Ebay for 3 times their worth. Unlike MTG starter decks Digimon 2020 starter decks are unique cards, some you want for competitive decks. This has made it impossible for most people to play the game outside of simulators and the tutorial app they released on Android. Scalping is now so bad the top card in the first set (Omnimon) is selling for $150-200 on ebay right now. A TCG which isn't even playable has cards reaching Jace the Mind Sculptor levels.

The second half of the shit show is the community which is troon central. On 4chan any digimon thread is filled with people jerking off to blue dinosaur (Veemon or Flamedramon) feet. Angry virgins spamming the thread with their big titties female "waifumons" they won't shut up about either. Being a semi niche series attracts all the furries who only watched the one series to jerk off to the fox in it which only increases the weird sexuality Digimon community forces on any one who interacts with it. In the middle of this shit show you have the troons who want you to enter your pronouns to join the discords for the game and shit cans any one the same way all lefty groups do. Online play is done either via using webcams to film your play area (official tournaments are using this format through facebook, enjoy getting zuched to win a set of crappy sleeves and 3 packs) or using Tabletop simulator arranging games via the tranny discords. Many competitive players are turning to proxy cards to make decks since webcam quality isn't good enough to detect fakes and it's much less hassle than buying the real deal.

With the release being this week many stores are having to cancel pre-orders since Bandai didn't fulfill their orders and stores which do have product are selling a booster box for $250 or more each instead of $90-100 as they should be. Many nerds are raging they can't get their furry TCG cards and rage quitting a game they have never been able to play. With game shops closing left and right due to covid driving off their customers Bandai has firmly nailed the coffin shut on the Digimon TCG. Being the 6th Digimon TCG bandai have launched (5 previous all failed too) this one had some real legs and was getting discussed in many alternative card game circles. The unique mechanics and some of the best anime art seen on cards drew in so many people with autism who can't get their fix. Bandai screwed the pouch worse than the furries ever could. It's a cauldron of autistic furries just waiting to blow their top and throw a tard rage tantrum.. Not that Digimon's community isn't already cow worthy in it's own right.

On a side note : To catch up with the Japanese releases Bandai took sets 1-3 and mixed them into 2 larger sets. 1.0 and 1.5 turning 3 releases into 2, in doing so they have put many of the game defining cards in the first set which no one can get hold of and likely won't see a lot of reprinting. One of them being the most powerful card in the game which is a super rare and requires multiple box openings to find one (there is an even rarer alt art version) The game has 6 colors, one is for multi color cards (white) while the rest all have starter decks with unique cards. Bandai released only 3 of them with 1.0 while 1.0 contains many cards in colors which have no starter deck for people to purchase. If you want to play Purple, Black or Green you're entirely dependent on opening packs or buying singles so you're shit out of luck on that front with the distro problem.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was there a Digimon card game in the early 2000s? You know, when Digimon was relevant?

Last edited:

Capsaicin Addict

Dancing on the ashes of history.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The whole 'we want wahmen spess mehreens waaaah' is another example of how the whiners and SJWs are never satisfied.

Sisters of Battle have been one of the most beleaguered factions, from fluff to crunch to actual models, for years. Even those of us who aren't running Sisters were at least accepting of them getting some time in the sun with the new 9th edition. Hell, my reaction was 'it's about time the Bolter Bitches got some love, let's see some awesome models and rules now!'.

But see, that's not what the whiners want. They want to derail the whole thing. And the fastest way to do that is to officially (in other words, canonically) fuck up the 40K poster boys, the Space Marines.

Never mind that the Sisters work perfectly well and get some nice new tricks. Never mind that SoBs look one hell of a lot better than a kitbashed 'wahmen spess mehreen'. Nope, it's not enough, and it will never BE enough until everything crashes down or until GW gets a fucking clue and tells these faggots to play or fuck off.

RabidWombat

The Lone Marsupial of the Apocalypse
kiwifarms.net
*SHRUG* I limit my GW experience to the stand alone board games and it's served me quite well, even if nobody but my group ever wants to play them.

Miniatures? Fuck, I've gotten more mileage out of Song of Blades and Heroes/Faith and Fire than anything from the evil empire. Way cheaper too.

Horton Hears A Whoreson

HÖhъ
kiwifarms.net
The whole 'we want wahmen spess mehreens waaaah' is another example of how the whiners and SJWs are never satisfied.

Sisters of Battle have been one of the most beleaguered factions, from fluff to crunch to actual models, for years. Even those of us who aren't running Sisters were at least accepting of them getting some time in the sun with the new 9th edition. Hell, my reaction was 'it's about time the Bolter Bitches got some love, let's see some awesome models and rules now!'.

But see, that's not what the whiners want. They want to derail the whole thing. And the fastest way to do that is to officially (in other words, canonically) fuck up the 40K poster boys, the Space Marines.

Never mind that the Sisters work perfectly well and get some nice new tricks. Never mind that SoBs look one hell of a lot better than a kitbashed 'wahmen spess mehreen'. Nope, it's not enough, and it will never BE enough until everything crashes down or until GW gets a fucking clue and tells these faggots to play or fuck off.
They care fuck all about the source material. It's all about the satisfaction of exacting control over something, and they're more than happy to salt the earth if things don't get their way.

Inquisitor_BadAss

The only person who fell for Nulls April fools
kiwifarms.net
This could be interesting.... it’s like crossing the streams of autism. https://www.warhammer-community.com...-is-coming-to-magic-the-gathering-yes-really/
Magic players already crying they won’t play against the 40K decks
D21B649E-52F1-4538-879D-BBBF0F086FD5.png
Archive

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
I found a copy of Thirsty Sword Lesbians online, and I'm going to flip through it this weekend and give it a review, because I don't yet hate humanity enough.

Let me perfectly clear on the outset: this is a game written by men, for men.

1.png2.png

And a specific kind of man.

Inquisitor_BadAss

The only person who fell for Nulls April fools
kiwifarms.net
I found a copy of Thirsty Sword Lesbians online, and I'm going to flip through it this weekend and give it a review, because I don't yet hate humanity enough.

View attachment 1954203
View attachment 1954204

+1 grace for a fat chick. It’s like they’re making hard as possible to find the ways of them making fun of people.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
I think the primary issue with sword lesbians is it's caught between the paradox of trying to be liberating fun while trying to maintain the dreary serious issues from irl. It can't make up it's mind if it wants to be some pretentious intersectional workshop or a fun swashbuckling with gays so fails at both.

That and the mechanics are dogshit.

gangweedfan

Anime is the next stage of evoltin. now yuo see...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1954203View attachment 1954204

You found the FULL PDF? Not the limited art beta or whatever that was on the trove? Link pls.