Tabletop Community Watch -

Fictional Character

kiwifarms.net
Though there are some disturbing allegations by alleged girlfriends on reddit threads, let us not forget that the Big Terrible Horrible thing this guy did was to pretend sexually harass a pretend robot during a make believe game over a zoom call. In case you were wondering how fucking retarded the people in this hobby have become.

I vaguely remember that when the incident first happened, the victim was okay with and only suddenly decided it was bad once the internet audience lost their shit over it. I can't find the source for it now, though. He's a piece of shit anyway and he made Dungeon World, so I welcome him being ostracized.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I vaguely remember that when the incident first happened, the victim was okay with and only suddenly decided it was bad once the internet audience lost their shit over it. I can't find the source for it now, though. He's a piece of shit anyway and he made Dungeon World, so I welcome him being ostracized.

Again, one look at the guy and you know if these allegations were made against someone else, he'd be one of the first ones to pick up a torch and pitchfork.

robobobo

kiwifarms.net
Again, one look at the guy and you know if these allegations were made against someone else, he'd be one of the first ones to pick up a torch and pitchfork.
Yeah, he's clearly a tremendous faggot. But yes, the players were all smiles during the horrifying robo rape. There's room to claim that they just didn't want to publicly rock the boat in the middle of a broadcast stream and were actually unhappy but didn't speak out, but any claim that they were clearly horrified at the time is simply not true.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, he's clearly a tremendous faggot. But yes, the players were all smiles during the horrifying robo rape. There's room to claim that they just didn't want to publicly rock the boat in the middle of a broadcast stream and were actually unhappy but didn't speak out, but any claim that they were clearly horrified at the time is simply not true.

I think their expressions are open to interpretation, but they didn't look like they were enjoying themselves. I'd have just assumed their reaction was mine, which was "I can't believe how fucking stupid this game is."

BlazikenLover

kiwifarms.net
Wasn't the Adam Koebel scene met with awkwardness and one of the players disconnected pretty fast, with Adam taking a good few minutes to realize he had fucked up Or am I thinking of another incident?

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't the Adam Koebel scene met with awkwardness and one of the players disconnected pretty fast, with Adam taking a good few minutes to realize he had fucked up Or am I thinking of another incident?
I certainly hope it was. If one of my DMs ever tried to re-enact a hentai scene on my character I'd tell them to fuck right off. That's retarded.

SITHRAK!

ESL teenager spouting gibberish and angry words.
kiwifarms.net
I certainly hope it was. If one of my DMs ever tried to re-enact a hentai scene on my character I'd tell them to fuck right off. That's retarded.
See, if more of the fucktarded newcomers that have invaded the hobby since nerdiness became trendy had that attitude, it would be healthier overall.
Don’t try to change the hobby you dangerhaired assqueefs, it’s fine. If you have issues with individuals, take it up with them, not the whole fucking community.

By the same token, I always make it very clear to players that my games are not Disney fantasy If female characters walk alone through a dark fantasy early Renaissance village at night clad only in a silk bikini, then damn straight, someone’s probably going to try to do them harm, whether witch hunters, religious nuts or horny inbred farmboys.

Would I force a player to roleplay a violent sexual assault? No, because I’m not a sexually repressed pervert. But it’d be clear what’d happened and there may be consequences, including disease, pregnancy, physical injury and psychological backlash.

RabidWombat

The Lone Marsupial of the Apocalypse
kiwifarms.net
3) Man, what happened to just rolling up a few fighters and clerics and bashing down some skeletons and orcs?
Meh, if we want that, we just break out the old Heroquest stuff.
You can't do this anymore, I was informed orcs are racist because they're just like black people. I'm sorry brother, you're a bigot now.
If wokescolds were to voyeur our game, there'd be more triggers than a test fire marathon at Smith and Wesson. Except for one person, we're all old grognards who wipe our ass with whatever opinion some little twit has about our campaigns.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
If wokescolds were to voyeur our game, there'd be more triggers than a test fire marathon at Smith and Wesson. Except for one person, we're all old grognards who wipe our ass with whatever opinion some little twit has about our campaigns.
Now I'm curious: what about the odd man out in your group? What's their role?

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
Did you watch the video in question? I did for about 1 min as he talked about putting the plug on the end of some device and said "This isn't my first time". Adam is giggling but the player "Johnny" is sitting there with this look of sheer horror on her face thinking "WTF IS GOING ON?". Yes other players were snickering at what was going on but look at the two women (haleyand johnny) both with clear looks of disgust on their face.

this wasn't something they wanted to deal with at all in this game. Also, after watching the whole clip fully, two of the players immediately disconnect from the session at the end(the 2 guys), and i find out Johnny the PC is a dude who was roboraped into an orgasm. So the Male Robot was Robo Raped by another Male Robot/Repair person? this is even worse.

DM SPERG TIME:
As someone who has DM'd for a VERY long time you need to know your audience aka Your Players. They are human, they come from different backgrounds, they could be perfectly ok with a prison riot, a rape scene, or something straight out of Event Horizon. Then again, they might not but you as the Storyteller, need to know what they can and cannot take and to what limit you can push you and them to without devolving into creeping out your players.

If it happens, and it has to me, you sit down and talk with your players IMMEDIATELY and find out the issue and resolve it. Discuss the conflict and come to a compromise. Perhaps you were over the line, perhaps they aren't a good fit for the party/story, could be anything but in a Social Game such as most TTRPG's dialogue must occur and you must be proactive when and where there is conflict that threatens the group cohesion.

People think it's as easy as "Oh let's get together, tell a story, roll some dice, have a few beers, etc." yes it can be, but everyone that comes to the table comes with ideas, concepts, and baggage that you just don't know about. This is why I set certain boundaries on my campaigns and tell the players that this is the line I will not cross: no sex with kids/animals[No Just No], no gratuitously sexy time events [wanna RP a full day in a brothel? Not unless you are there for other things than getting your rocks off], and sexual violence to a minimum. The players are all adults and understand this BEFORE the campaign starts and BEFORE they join the game. Those that are uncomfortable with the tone I say "This game isn't for you, there are others out there you can find them here. " and move on.

TLDR: Treat adults like adults, talk to adults like adults, be an adult and the game Just Works(TM)

Pinhole Preaching Pariahs with a Pitchfork such as Adam Korbel

Last edited:
One of John Wick's Kickstarters, Khitai, is now what could civilly described as unlikely to ever get fulfilled. In the last week or so they're been forced to post an update claiming that apparently this is all because of...editors. They've gone through 5 in the past couple of years.

Sounds like bull to me but while noseying over the various names associated with it and chuckling over the comments on the Kickstart I noticed this charming bit of Twitter based commentary from one of the people involved in the creation of that particular product around the point this announcement was made.

"This should be the baseline expectation for everyone: that no author should ever have to commodify themselves and their energy and their time for the sake of publishing and for the sake of capitalism."
WIP: Social Media Expectations
There's a conversation making the rounds on social media about author expectations for engagement. I definitely have some thoughts. :) So, I’ve mentioned a few times now that publishing controls the...
kacencallender.com

6:40 PM · Feb 23, 2021·Twitter Web App

May check on some of the other staff involved to see if they are similarly as committed to not completing work.

Edit - they are but only this one put out anything like this. The rest are the generic Twitter sorts.

Last edited:

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
One of John Wick's starters, Khitai, is now what could civilly described as unlikely to ever get fulfilled. In the last week or so they're been forced to post an update claiming that apparently this is all because of...editors. They've gone through 5 in the past couple of years.

Sounds like bull to me but while noseying over the various names associated with it and chuckling over the comments on the Kickstart I noticed this charming bit of Twitter based commentary from one of the people involved in the creation of that particular product around the point this announcement was made.

"This should be the baseline expectation for everyone: that no author should ever have to commodify themselves and their energy and their time for the sake of publishing and for the sake of capitalism."
WIP: Social Media Expectations
There's a conversation making the rounds on social media about author expectations for engagement. I definitely have some thoughts. :) So, I’ve mentioned a few times now that publishing controls the...
kacencallender.com

6:40 PM · Feb 23, 2021·Twitter Web App

May check on some of the other staff involved to see if they are similarly as committed to not completing work.

Looked at the comments:

I just looked up your Twitter, which I hadn't done so far because, as a writer and aspiring author/non-binary neurofucked up person,

christ people, don't admit in public you are a nutjob, keep that shit to yourself.

BlazikenLover

kiwifarms.net
So I had to go back and find the episode in question (it starts around 1:15:00)
I misremembered, the players do not disconnect immediately, the thing however IS awkward and the player makes it clear she wasn't ok with it. Afterwards the robot player left and the game was cancelled, bunch of articles came out and this was used to push for "safety and guidelines on rpgs".
Koebel strikes me as someone who can't pick social cues.

Last edited:

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
DM SPERG TIME:
As someone who has DM'd for a VERY long time you need to know your audience aka Your Players. They are human, they come from different backgrounds, they could be perfectly ok with a prison riot, a rape scene, or something straight out of Event Horizon. Then again, they might not but you as the Storyteller, need to know what they can and cannot take and to what limit you can push you and them to without devolving into creeping out your players.

If it happens, and it has to me, you sit down and talk with your players IMMEDIATELY and find out the issue and resolve it. Discuss the conflict and come to a compromise. Perhaps you were over the line, perhaps they aren't a good fit for the party/story, could be anything but in a Social Game such as most TTRPG's dialogue must occur and you must be proactive when and where there is conflict that threatens the group cohesion.

People think it's as easy as "Oh let's get together, tell a story, roll some dice, have a few beers, etc." yes it can be, but everyone that comes to the table comes with ideas, concepts, and baggage that you just don't know about. This is why I set certain boundaries on my campaigns and tell the players that this is the line I will not cross: no sex with kids/animals[No Just No], no gratuitously sexy time events [wanna RP a full day in a brothel? Not unless you are there for other things than getting your rocks off], and sexual violence to a minimum. The players are all adults and understand this BEFORE the campaign starts and BEFORE they join the game. Those that are uncomfortable with the tone I say "This game isn't for you, there are others out there you can find them here. " and move on.

TLDR: Treat adults like adults, talk to adults like adults, be an adult and the game Just Works(TM)

It's impressive how you managed to make x-cards and the 5 page 'respecting player' corebook tangents were the author presumes the role of a gm is trauma therapist/insectional workshop as redundant in three paragraphs.

Velvet Sedan

kiwifarms.net
That's one reason I tend to roll my eyes at x-card and similar rules. It just tells me you or the people you play with have no interest in communication with each other.
I've dm'd games that went pretty deep into horror of myriad flavors (and one time Nechronica which is rather silly with horror and sexual themes), and was pretty upfront with where I was going and to gauge how my players felt even as games progressed.