Tabletop Community Watch -

A nameless trool

kiwifarms.net
You're right but also wrong.

It's not jocks inside the tent pissing, it's the same beta males who always played these games except they've been given the tools to be the bullies and are running with it as hard as they can. They're vindictive, spiteful little faggots who always wanted to be on top but couldn't, now they're given the power over others through spewing word salad at them and they're using it.

We can compare our hobby to the goth girls of the 90-00s. When they wanted to rebel and be different to everyone else they put on goth clothing and did their make up badly. Today those girls say they're trannies or non-binary. It's the same group of teenage girls, but culture has shifted so much the way they express it looks different. The weirdo guys getting into tabletop become feminist bullies instead of gothy metal heads. The overly emotional sperg in the past didn't have the tools to abuse people the way he does now, but he's still the over emotional sperg. It's part trying to be different and part power grab.

The main stream interest in nerd hobbies is as shallow as Big bang theory. No one watched Die Hard and thought it was about nerd stuff, it was a dumb action movies made for all audiences. They look at Marvel movies, which are identical to Die Hard from a main stream stand point and think that's about nerd stuff. There's no depth below the surface the main stream and jocks are dipping into, they're still doing jock things with other jocks. They're still bullying nerds with other jocks. Nothing has changed and nerdy technology trickling down into the hands of normies doesn't make nerds any more socially acceptable.
Remember that guy who was desperately thirsty for pussy back then, had a ton of weird habbits, played only lesbian characters with CHA 18 and stalked every female player that played with you?
He is a male feminist/ transfeminine lesbian now and wants to change the hobby to be inclusive to all women.

I mean, I get why women are so mad at geeks. Their allies are the guys they used to complain about.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
There will be tears when the 300 lb girl moves into the 400 lbs pack of attention givers.

Worse still is when you realize humans and political creatures so bitching, infighting and snobbery is endemic across the species. When you crusading against the proto incel dudes you're going to miss the fact the bitchy Goth chick has decided you're 'not her kind of people' because she hates hipsters.

Mother puss bucket

OC Do not steal
kiwifarms.net
Worse still is when you realize humans and political creatures so bitching, infighting and snobbery is endemic across the species. When you crusading against the proto incel dudes you're going to miss the fact the bitchy Goth chick has decided you're 'not her kind of people' because she hates hipsters.
If you're not banging the bitchy goth girl into submission you shouldn't associate with her. Fuck women in gaming groups. Never ends well.

kcbbq

"I want to see you eat the whole sausage."
kiwifarms.net
I miss being able to put out a general call for players for any system I wanted to run and have a good shot at it being a solid group. Now if you get 5 people 3 have to be babysat so they don't shit themselves and 2 are complete assholes.

Used to be a great community around my area. Now you can't just randomly accept people. You could do pickup games and get people who were occasional players in the Chainmail based, figure out things as we go story of Greyhawk that became the White Box/0e D&D. That's quality.

Mother puss bucket

OC Do not steal
kiwifarms.net
Any one else tired of this faggy cat lady shit being dumped on kickerstarter constantly now? Who's buying these crappy things? The only market I can see is trannies and trannies in training, no one else wants to be a cat girl rogue fighting furries.

Attachments

• 167380552_10159567246999459_4781609094529472703_n.jpg
    167380552_10159567246999459_4781609094529472703_n.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 102

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The fact they call basic tabletop “premium quality” is what I’m taking umbrage with right now.
EC053A29-9304-424D-B117-3AA7C1DE0368.jpeg
mfw I buy premium quality minis.
Remember that guy who was desperately thirsty for pussy back then, had a ton of weird habbits, played only lesbian characters with CHA 18 and stalked every female player that played with you?
He is a male feminist/ transfeminine lesbian now and wants to change the hobby to be inclusive to all women.

I mean, I get why women are so mad at geeks. Their allies are the guys they used to complain about.
It’s so true haha. They’re often Chris Chan tier autists who are also creeps.
The nerds were the same group as the metal fans when I grew up. Stoners were closer to the toxic people because doing drugs wasn't cool and even the metal heads didn't want to deal with those fags. Nerds would sit in the corner talking about new computer games coming out when they were inside and out in the playground or PE lessons they would for the most part blend in with all the other kids. It didn't become an identity to like Secret of Mana like it is today.
I agree. I really hate how people try to make nerdy a fashion or style, especially one that has to be adhered to. For all the talk about how gatekeeping is bad a lot of them are trying to gatekeep people who’ve been in the hobby for decades because they don’t fit the stereotype.

I agree on the sports too. I knew a lot of nerds who were into a sport. In general the smaller athletic nerds were into cross country, long distance running, and tennis. If they were bulkier they’d probably be interested in football, weight lifting, and wrestling. The really tall lanky ones would play basketball and/or volleyball. A fair number were into baseball, especially if they loved statistics.

I knew a wrestling captain that loved Superman and unironically collected comics.... but he looked like a younger and stockier Denzel Washington. The other captain was the dungeon master for my 3.5 group but looked like a skin head despite being 3/4 Mexican. Hell even the schools quarterback was into Command and Conquer but looked like a stereotypical QB. They wouldn’t sperg about it when it wasn’t relevant but they didn’t give a shit what others thought. They’d be ribbed about it but they’d rib others back.

The ones that did care were usually kids who wanted to be popular/praised but were on the outside looking in. Like I knew more kids in band, debate, and drama who would freak out about being seen liking something nerdy like D&D, 40k, Doom, etc. Jocks didn’t care so long as you remembered the playbook, weren’t pinned, didn’t screw up your event, etc. They were meritocratic but competitive so yeah they’d be pissed at someone for being a weak link on the team but if you kept up they didn’t give a shit how weird you are/were.
Not to derail this into racial stuff, but I've long associated the "Nerd beaten up by Jocks" to really mean "Jewish weirdo thinking he's a genius gets his ass kicked for being a retard". It makes much more sense when you consider all the nerd revenge stories to be Jewish power fantasies rather than the average nerd experience. The buck teeth, frizzy hair and big nosed guy being bullied by the tall blonde muscular jock fits much better in that scenario.
A lot of it is projection and people wanting to be the victim. It’s not that hard to make friends, even if you’re really weird because there’s lots of weird people out there. If someone doesn’t have friends they’re either not putting themselves out there or are very hostile. Often both. I remember trying to reach out to others that had trouble making any friends because they were also into some of the same stuff but quite a few were egotistical jerks. Basically, they were “nice guys” or “Incels” and more or less expected everyone to kiss their ass. It wasn’t that they were disliked for being an incel, “nerdy,” or *insert minority identity* it’s because they were manipulative cunts with a victim complex.

When it came to physical bullying -at least with guys- it wasn’t jocks it was usually the bums from shitty households who were held back a couple years... but they also weren’t as bright or as tough as they thought. There was more of a crossover with JROTC and methheads... The simple solution was just to lift weights and if they hit you, hit them back. I could see them picking on really unpopular nerds because they’re cowards and would only go after someone without any friends. They also generally liked tacticool shit, had some half baked edge lord philosophy, became addicts, had shitty grades, and thought professional wrestling was real. There was one, I can’t remember his name, but he was literally too retarded for the army. :lit:.

*Edit* I’d argue that jocks, especially if they’re on a varsity team, have less of an incentive to physically wail on a sperg than trailer park white trash that likely will never make varsity and with no future. Trailer trash on the other hand have no future, probably were cut from any teams they were on due to academic eligibility, and are looking for an outlet for their frustration.

Attachments

• 449DEC59-4B34-4484-96C5-AF2B3330411A.jpeg
    449DEC59-4B34-4484-96C5-AF2B3330411A.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Mother puss bucket

OC Do not steal
kiwifarms.net
I went to Sigmarxism to look for a good effort post and found myself enlightened by it. While there is no truer statement than "They're a bunch of dumb commie faggots", by their own admission. They're also incredibly dumb with their spending habits. I saw multiple £100 models painted up in tranny fag colours to virtue signal. That's an impressive feat of burning money even by GW standards. If GW keeps pumping out Slaanesh models (trannies unironically love Slaanesh) and faggy elves they can say are homos they will print money. Instead of selling an army to a gamer to play, they can sell 3 armies to a tranny to virtue signal. It might be one of the few times being woke wasn't a shitty idea since GW fans are already brow beaten they won't leave the game and now the trooned out ones will triple their spending.

Attachments

• yg92k5metro61.jpg
    yg92k5metro61.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 74

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

A nameless trool

kiwifarms.net
I went to Sigmarxism to look for a good effort post and found myself enlightened by it. While there is no truer statement than "They're a bunch of dumb commie faggots", by their own admission. They're also incredibly dumb with their spending habits. I saw multiple £100 models painted up in tranny fag colours to virtue signal. That's an impressive feat of burning money even by GW standards. If GW keeps pumping out Slaanesh models (trannies unironically love Slaanesh) and faggy elves they can say are homos they will print money. Instead of selling an army to a gamer to play, they can sell 3 armies to a tranny to virtue signal. It might be one of the few times being woke wasn't a shitty idea since GW fans are already brow beaten they won't leave the game and now the trooned out ones will triple their spending.
Knowing people like that, it is 40% shitposting, 30% virtue signaling and 30% sperging.
I knew a guy who painted his army pink, so everybody losing to them would be ashamed.
Hell, I was joking about my SM army being similar to a political party, due to colour scheme and their symbol.

The_Dank_Astero

Im just here for the HOI4 drama
kiwifarms.net
I left Warhammer in favor of Flames of war because of the community. I just am waiting for a time when I can buy the core rulebooks and be able to play.

SITHRAK!

ESL teenager spouting gibberish and angry words.
kiwifarms.net
It's not jocks inside the tent pissing, it's the same beta males who always played these games except they've been given the tools to be the bullies
I was more using ‘jock’ and ‘chad’ as metaphors for those who bully. You’re right though, there are a lot of poisonous little cunts who use socjus for virtue control in the gaming setting. However, the penetration of SocJus philosophy has allowed people into the gaming space that would otherwise have never been welcome due to toxic leftism. This may be a chicken and egg situation.

All I can say as a long-term gamer of well over thirty years’ experience is that the level of bullying, snowflaking and social control on display now is off the fucking charts. For all the talk of inclusiveness and diversity I’ve never seen the gaming industry and culture more divided and full of hatred and vitriol.

I think it probably started back in ‘78 or ‘79 when the first disinterested girlfriend pushed her way into her BF’s game, not because she was interested, but because she didn’t want him having a social outlet not under her control. I’ve had similar things happen in my games and basically told the GF to fuck off- no disinterested parties at my table. In the interests of equality I’ve also told guys to fuck off if they’re not man enough to explain to their manipulative girlfriends why we don’t want them around.
Amusingly, at one point during college, I was running a serious WHFRP campaign and the partners (male and female) of the players ended up having their own social circle in the lounge room adjoining our gaming space.

Mother puss bucket

OC Do not steal
kiwifarms.net
I was more using ‘jock’ and ‘chad’ as metaphors for those who bully. You’re right though, there are a lot of poisonous little cunts who use socjus for virtue control in the gaming setting. However, the penetration of SocJus philosophy has allowed people into the gaming space that would otherwise have never been welcome due to toxic leftism. This may be a chicken and egg situation.

All I can say as a long-term gamer of well over thirty years’ experience is that the level of bullying, snowflaking and social control on display now is off the fucking charts. For all the talk of inclusiveness and diversity I’ve never seen the gaming industry and culture more divided and full of hatred and vitriol.
Is anything as divided as it is now? Even families are tearing themselves apart over socjus stuff.

SITHRAK!

ESL teenager spouting gibberish and angry words.
kiwifarms.net
The whole Jocks VS Nerds thing was pretty much bullshit.
Sure, where you were.
I spent a lot of time at some pretty rough schools, where to be without a gang to back you up was to invite physical assault for no other reason than a pack of assholes felt like bruising their knuckles.
Amusingly, at the worst school I ever went to, the bullied kids used to hang out in the library for protection. I used to play and run D&D basic and AD&D 1e in the library conference room at lunch. We ended up with about thirty kids in five or six groups, all playing D&D, all welcome, and suddenly we were the biggest gang in school. We didn’t get fucked with much after that.

Kabuki Actor

kiwifarms.net
Any one else tired of this faggy cat lady shit being dumped on kickerstarter constantly now? Who's buying these crappy things? The only market I can see is trannies and trannies in training, no one else wants to be a cat girl rogue fighting furries.
STFU this is the first SOUL mini I've seen in a long time.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
Lil update to the POCGamer who's module WOTC shrunk down removing all the world-building fluff and shit to make it into an adventure:
POCGamer's Hot take:

Analysis of said Hot Take (not by me):
I've read all of POC Gamer's two blog posts and most of his tweets on the subject, so I can point out a couple of inaccuracies in this analysis:

First, the original draft submitted by the author was within the solicited word count (7,100+ words on a maximum of 8,000). The final draft submitted before payment was even shorter, at 6,900+ words. So it can't be argued that the author turned in an excessively long adventure. Obviously, the maximum word count got cut suddenly late in the process, and (I suspect) the developer/editor got stuck doing a clumsy hack job to get it down under 6,000 words at the last minute.

It's possible that the extra lore was outside the scope of the contract, but you would think it would say so in the guidelines given to the author at the beginning. Or that it would have been addressed in the early part of the process when WotC staff was helping the author to bring the adventure into compliance.

I think it's entirely possible that playtest feedback led to the dropping of things like the original mystery setup and possibly some of the extended lore. It's possible that DM's just didn't want to read through that stuff and wanted something more easily adaptible to non-FR homebrew settings.

Having taken a quick look at the adventure in the bookstore (so this impression may change when I finally get my own copy), it looks like the complaints about racism and colonialism in the final product are overblown, a little bit of social justice sauce to spice up complaints about the industry. However, I would like to know if there was a pattern of giving White freelancers more input than POC freelancers, given some of the past news about WotC's hiring practices. Also, it would have been courteous to tell him they had radically changed his adventure when they asked him to do publicity for the book.

TLDR: Person of Color wrote a world breaking aventure that included bits that weren't relevant to the contract. WOTC decided it didn't need world spanning bits, monster history, or non-usable content that only someone playing in the Forgotten Realms would never use so they slashed the adventure down to usable and generic bits. Person of Color (because that's all they are) is mad their first writing gig wasn't immediately lauded over, awarded an ENNIE for being "STUNNING AND BRAVE", and proclaimed it required no editing.